Thursday 21st May 2020 - Last night I had a crazy dream

Morning.

Lyrics - Last night I had a crazy dream

Hope it goes well OH.

Well done on the not falling over Hazel. I hear you about the sixth running day in a row but the weather is forecast to be great for running again today and then deteriorate and I really want to make the most of it. I shall see how my legs/I feel after walking Sammy.

Nice that you're going to get the good weather for your break chicksta and no point in aggravating the foot and being uncomfortable when you're going to have to take some time out anyway. Hopefully you can enjoy some hiking?

What:            I shall probably try for some easy miles
Why:             See above
Last hard:     Not knowing if the knees will hold up for another run
Last rest:      15/5

Yesterday's lyrics - Life To Come - The Killers.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning.

Good luck with the run today LMH and enjoy the weather.

What: bank holiday MLR once I've eaten a banana had a coffee and removed cat from lap
    Why: no MLR yet this week, warm later and also cycling planned
    Last hard: yesterday's run
    Last rest: 30.03 (50 day streak done)

Lyrics: probably should do.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: suspect not

Take care, LMH!

Enjoy the MLR Hazel!

Hope today goes well OH, and the problem is solved! Trust travel goes to plan. 

What: short and easy run, stretches

Why: being sensible

Raining quite heavily at present but due to clear up later this morning. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Quiet!

What: just over 30 minutes d&d, plus some stretches

Why: ticking boxes. Was very much going through the motions today, which is fine. Tired legs, perhaps from gardening as much as anything. Not all runs will be good ones! Now for more gardening!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    lyrics yes
    well done alehouse, nice running
    hazel hope the mlr went well,hope you managed to remove the cat 
    lmh hope your run went well

what: 1.6 jog, 3.2 walk with friend, 1.4 jog back
    why: planned
    I had to stop totally then and just listen to Linger by the cranberries, love that song but makes me sad now
    last hard: today, hot
    last rest: 31/12/16

didn't get reggie out after all yesterday, maybe today.  I don't think they are doing very well in my son's household 

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    happy anniversary, dustin and mrs and also Chick?

Even if I stopped running today this is my highest May ever :smiley:
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Well done on the May miles, Wabo...and 10 days to go!

And a photo of yesterday's traffic near the beach at Southport. I really cannot understand what some people are thinking...not least the government who have given permission for people to travel. 

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    hiya
    ale - more traffic chaos! Plenty of groups out round my way too, social distancing? Pah!
    Although the government have said travel can be done for exercise, visit one person or shopping, should people really need an instruction manual? Your picture suggests they do...
    Wabo - impressive mileage likewise Hazel's streaking!
    LMH - hope you got out
    OH - Hope today goes well

What - 8 miles over the trails
    Why - Been asking myself the same thing
    Last rest - 25/04
    Last hard - today, still a lot warmer than forecast, so was a bit heavy going
  • No wonder you've been feeling a bit tired Wabo. Sorry to hear that your son isn't doing so well either.

Dustin - you're asking yourself that after the run? It's usually before for me. Warmer than forecast/expected here too but not as hot as yesterday.

Sorry your legs weren't playing ball today Alehouse.

I don't understand the people travelling/congregating. I'd love a day by the sea but I'm not going. Having said that we are thinking of driving Sammy for a walk somewhere different but it will be local and open - a reservoir or NT grounds.

Another lovely run for me this morning. It would seem that it's the longer runs that the knees object to - just as well I'm not going to need to marathon train this year I guess. 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    well on the news of my son, he learnt to ride a bike today age 32!!!
    Ha. That is something that has frustrated him for years and for some reason on my bike with cleat pedals he managed!  Did him the world of good to get out tbh. he brought his boy too.
    I wont be driving to the sea anytime soon either!!! Madness
    Dustin good miles
    May is 90 miles already 
  • That is such a good thing to come out of this Wabo - I hope he keeps it up.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

5km today, easy

Agree people are idiots.  We are not going anywhere far and only driving for walks on week days when we hope it's quieter (saw 4 people on the one walk we've driven to).

Hope knees are holding up ok lmh and all went well today oh.

• Thanks.
    All went well and back home now.
    42 seater plane back home with 42 passengers quite frightening after 2 months being shielded.
    Fingers crossed that it has worked and haven't brought Covid back home.