Friday 22nd may - Strolling along country roads with my baby It starts to rain, it begins to pour

WaboWabo ✭✭✭
Easy lyrics maybe but it's late! 
Tomorrow I was meant to be off to Cornwall with the family boo hoo

What 5k for a better time on my challenge, with mate
Why she asked me
Last hard yesterday
Last rest 31/12/16
Happy Friday all
possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Oh rest up now, hope you're feeling ok
  • Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - One More day - Sinead O'Connor.

That sounds quite scary OH. Can't believe they weren't making any attempt at social distancing on the plane. Hope you are safe and comfortable.

emzap - we will only to drive to somewhere wide open, unfortunately all of the places I've thought of are still closed so it looks as though we still won't be going far. I haven't been in a car for about nine weeks!

Make yourself some scones after you've run your fast 5k Wabo and pretend you're there :-)

Amazingly my knees still feel ok though I'm generally tired and a little achy. Wet and windy though mild here at the minute. I would like to do a (probably very) short run today and rest tomorrow so that I can start next week fresh and have a chance of running six days in a row if not every day but I shall see how I feel after walking Sammy. It's probably not sensible but I'm feeling a bit stir crazy. Mark is going to Lidl today and I'm so jealous - I would love to wander round a supermarket (yes I know it's not like that at the moment and would probably be quite stressful).

What:           maybe a few easy miles
    Why:            sanity
    Last hard:    maintaining equilibrium
    Last rest:     15/5

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning again
    I am a doughnut, I saw the lyrics and thought 'I know them'!! Course you do you wally   :smiley:
    LMH keeping sane is what we are doing right now! I have driven twice, I will probably drive this morning.  Enjoy your miles.  Funny you said about scones, I have a recipe which I will try over the weekend.  SR flour, double cream and lemonade!! Let you know how they work

What: running with mate, will drive the 1.5 to her I feel so tired!
    why: company
    last hard yesterday
    last rest: 31/12/16

Seeing my son have t hat eureka moment on my bike (he's about 6-7" taller than me lol) was amazing I was punching the air and suddenly said, how old are you?? 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Morning!

Lyrics: of course, and of course you knew them, Wabo! Go well in your 5k! And I have difficulty riding an exercise bike! Lots of rain here overnight.

What: whatever the legs decide plus stretches

Why: the legs really didn't want to play yesterday. 

Was rather surprised to hear about the plane, OH, but otherwise excellent! They must be confident it is safe to fly that route at present.

Daughter is getting my supermarket shop later. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • R&R
    A bit sore after yesterday
    Last hard: physical proximity on plane after 2 months shielding
    Last rest Wednesday
    LOL at you recognising lyrics Wabo

Low mist and raining today.

We were lucky to get in at Sumburgh airport yesterday - we were practically skimming the waves when we eventually emerged from the clouds, touching down moments later (no ILS instrument landing system there)

• Air travel in Covid era (this was after more than half the passengers had got off at Sumburgh.

But a ghost airport

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    OH - spooky isn't it, Waterloo was like that in the first few weeks of lockdown (probably still is!)
    Wabo - well done to your little man, getting on a bike!
    LMH - Good knee news. I'm with you - haven't driven in weeks either, although have been to Tesco once a week. Am contemplating a short drive to run somewhere differently this weekend, only 5-6 miles away but it will be a different route. As much as I love the fields, woods and trails near me, you sometimes crave a change...

What - Had thought about an early, early run before work (5:30-6 am) but duvet just proved too heavy. So aiming for another hour late morning instead. Definitely cooler today too, also had light drizzle first thing.
    Why - apparently I'm a runner
    Last rest - April
    Last hard - yesterday
    lyric - nope
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Glad you are back home OH. Flight must have been stressful. Like the buff. (Nice place Loch Katrine). Hope the soreness eases soon.

Congrats to your son Wabo, must be much harder to learn at that age, certainly further to fall off! Was tempted to do scones yesterday. Good luck with the 5k.

Good news on the knees LMH. Is the weather forecast better for today or for tomorrow or no difference? Might aid the decision when to run?

Hope the legs are more willing today Ale.

Regarding outings: also trying to avoid hotspots, find it hard after quite a few weeks of little social contact to suddenly be surrounded by people again and certainly not all are sticking to the max 5 people group and distancing rules.

What: recovery later
    Why: should do an easy day
    Last rest: 30.03

Lyrics: no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

What: 41 minutes, and rather blustery ones at that

Why: all about the base/progressive consistent consistency. 

Trust the tenderness is easing OH. Never seen round the back of Burnage parkrun so dry! The steps were as tough as ever! 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Very windy here - gusting up to 40mph.

Hazel - I wanted to run today so that I could have a clear run at next week by taking tomorrow off. I kept it shorter than usual today though and everything feels fine - so may well be tempted to do an equally short one in the morning if that remains the case...........

Dustin - I too would love a change of scene but the best I'm going to manage is a Sammy walk in a local park (5 miles away) which I'm going to drive to this afternoon. Exciting stuff :-)
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.