Saturday 23rd May 2020 - Hold my hand while you cut me down

Morning.

Lyrics - Hold my hand while you cut me down

Surprised to find no thread - someone has usually started it by now.

Windy and chilly here this morning. Just back from Sammy's morning walk and won't be running. Whilst my legs feel ok and I 'could' run I'm quite tired, I'm aware of my right knee and I pushed things last week so I shall be sensible and take a rest day. 

What:             nothing
Why:              see above
Last hard:      being sensible doesn't come easy
last rest:        15/5
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Bad night's sleep so only just logged on. Appropriate lyrics, thanks LMH!  

What: something at some point. Probably short. Plus stretches

Why: exhausted but hopefully will wake up in a bit. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    MORNING ALL
    yesterday lyrics, Laughter in the Rain - Neil Sedaka.  I love his voice
    Alehouse, not the best night for me either, late to bed and 6 o clock awake, OH working today. Your what is pretty much mine!!
    LMH sounds like a  good decision
    lyrics no

what: something in a couple of hours
    why: see above
    last hard: waking so early
    last rest: 31/12/16

not sure what today will bring but I do know that Jodie and Cleo are strolling round now to talk in the front garden so I am excited for that!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Have decided, unusually, to run this afternoon when hopefully the wind will have dropped. Quite a lot of debris out there including a branch of a neighbour's tree and one of my tree peonies has been halved! Overnight rain has blown over. 

Enjoy the visitors, Wabo, plus whatever you decide to run!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • The wind is picking up as the day progresses here Alehouse - hope it isn't the same for you.

Enjoy the visit Wabo. Hope Jodie is feeling a bit better. Should have got yesterday's lyrics.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    me again
    the visit was lovely, Cleo is hoping to get back to school even if it is a planned two days a week.  She is very down - I think she is a very cuddly kind of girl and this is so sad.  I wanted to hug her but didn't. But by the end of the visit I said I will walk back with you, we stood and joked and chatted which really perked her up - then I walked back through the woods. I got in and suddenly thought I almost have tome to fit a faster 5k into my club virtual relay! 30.41, fastest for ages and my virtual team mates are happy!
    Enjoy your run later alehouse - it was very windy out there and when it was in my face - tough!!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Afternoon!

Hope you are less tender today, OH!

Blustery and at times showery run. Nevertheless enjoyable but had to watch out for all the twigs and small branches that are littering all the paths. Anyway another 38 minutes in the bank. 

Glad your 5k went well, Wabo!
  • I'm glad you had a good day Wabo.

It was a question of dodging them as they were falling here today again Alehouse!
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Sorry late pop in, 
    Been pretty dire weather wise here: blowy, heavy rain, but cleared now...
    Just reporting another trip last night, 5k into a 12k run and a tree stump jumped out of nowhere...big thud onto the path, this time it was my right side. 
    Sore ribs (bottom of the rib cage almost) and breathing tricky, had to walk 3 miles back whilst trying not to puke.
    Hopefully it's just more bruising - I can't locate an exact "pain" point, and managed to sleep OK too. Looks like another few days off although attempting a walk tomorrow.
    As my pal put it, ego bruised more than the body.
    Should really wear glasses when I run nowadays....

What - nothing 
    Why - see above
    Last rest - today
    last hard - woodland path last night...
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Oh dear, Dustin! Hope you are soon mended! I live in fear of falling... again!
  • Sounds painful Dustin - hope you aren't too badly injured.