Monday 25th May 2020 - DJ's got the party started

Morning.

Lyrics - DJ's got the party started

There's no end in sight

Similar change in the weather yesterday here emzap and Alehouse - a beautiful morning and a lovely day forecast, unusual for a Bank Holiday. Unfortunately I think it will bring the muppets out. Hey ho. I have a route in mind that should avoid the worst.

Nice running emzap and to bake that up with an afternoon walk too is good. Knee feels better this morning than it did when i got up yesterday fortunately.

What:             easy miles
Why:              I can and I want to
Last hard:      remembering to stay calm and not judge
Last rest        23/5
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Yes, beautiful day here, also. Enjoy your run, LMH!

14k, Emz! I'm jealous! And I imagine that you now have permission to drive up to 260 miles to take Lucas to a grandparent...
    And Wabo's grandchildren have permission to be driven up to 260 miles to be taken to a grandparent. 
    The above in emergencies only, of course. 

What: easy run

Why: a bit niggly after yesterday's "different" Pilates' exercises. Being careful.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all!! 
    Alehouse I'm not awake enough I was reading the bit about my grandchildren thinking ooh then ohhhh!!! It's a joke isn't it? He must have been able to do something else
    Yesterday's lyrics were long and winding road, the Beatles
    I knocked off 5 mins from a 10k. I didn't do the same course but to be fair it wasn't loads easier just different. 
    Lmh I know what you mean about rest, all of me starts aching. I know your lyrics, very apt. Enjoy the miles
    Enjoy your easy miles alehouse
    What possible job to son, he will run a bit then home
    Why he may or may not
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest 31/12/16

Have a good day
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Well done Wabo. I read Alehouse's post and thought that I'd missed a change in the guidelines too Wabo - but just because someone else does something selfish and stupid doesn't mean I feel free too - watch all the muppets flock to the coast again today!

Not quite warm enough for me at the minute Alehouse but i shall get myself out soon. Hope you feel ok after your higher mileage week?
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    True lmh, I won't be venturing more than 2 miles!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again! 

Yes, no change in the guidance, but there may well be a change in people's attitudes and I would be pretty certain that it will get busier out there over the next day or two. 

The higher kilometres have made little difference to the legs, I suspect, LMH, largely because I have built up so gradually, adding on 2, 3, 4 kilometres per week. However they are a bit niggly following yesterday's choice of exercises. I will stick to what I know in future. Will head out in half an hour or so. 

And well done on the 10k improvement, Wabo!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    We drove 4 miles for a walk in the woods and back via a fruit and veg shop.  To be fair we only went there as it was close to the fruit and veg shop, we are still walking from home mostly and trying to combine with errands if possible.

Yes, people are suffering lockdown fatigue and certain current events are not helping set a good example...

Hoping to spend some time in the garden this afternoon. Did not sleep from about 11-3 last night so feeling it today.

Have a lovely day all
  • I don't think driving locally for a walk is an issue at all emzap. Sorry to hear about the lack of sleep - teething?

Good to hear that your legs are ok Alehouse.

Lots of people out today even just after 0900hrs but my route was good for avoiding encounters.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Quiet on here! 

Hope everyone who has not posted recently is ok.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Evening

Didn't get sat down to post over the weekend - not sure why.  Wasn't really overwhelmed with other things to do but didn't get around to it.

Will read back on the last couple of days in a bit but I hope chicksta had a nice weekend - her op must be very close now.

Had to smile at the reading the word Muppet - the bit of software I work on is called such and is not my favourite thing.

There were reports of long-distance travelling for childcare in the press here too. 

Good work on the 10k Wabo.  That is quite an improvement.

Agree with LMH emzap - that seems a sensible combination for your outing.  Hope you were able to relax in the garden for a while this afternoon.

Pilates exercices can be ouchy indeed Ale. 

What: recovery 4.98 miles - 8k sounds better somehow.
    Why: Monday habit and legs tired from a hike yesterday (quads complaining about the ups and downs)
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Good to see you, Hazel, and yes, 8k definitely sounds better. 
    Re Pilates, I rarely have a problem using my physio's suggestions. Suspect hers are designed for geriatrics and for rehab. The programme I tried was too dynamic. Mistake and hope I have got away with it. 56 days in a row I note!