Wednesday 27th May 2020 - When the world is darker than I can understand. When nothing turns out the

emzapemzap ✭✭✭
Morning

When the world is darker than I can understand.
When nothing turns out the way I planned

Yesterday's were Africa Shakira

What: walking
Why: need a rest after yesterday
Last hard: yesterday, though legs are so far ok today...

Wabo makes sense for you son
Chick when is the op again?

Lucas' first baby friend is 1 today. Where has that time gone?!

Have a lovely day all

Comments

• Morning.

Good that your legs are ok this morning emzap. chicksta has had her operation.

Wabo - that makes sense, not so much that he hadn't been out at all more that he'd only been in secluded places. We are very fortunate here in that we would have to make a bit of an effort to find crowded places - and we've definitely not been doing that!

I emailed chamolk and he's ok, just very busy.

OH has been quiet since returning home, hope he's ok.

Another beautiful morning here with a lovely day forecast. I'm looking forward to a run before hunkering down on the computer this afternoon for some more training.

What:             easy miles
    Why:              stress management
    Last hard:      feeling prepared for the new job
    Last rest:       23/5

Lyrics - familiar.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Ah ok thanks lmh. Missed it in amongst her trip away, I thought it was later this week. Healing vibes chick :)
    And thanks for the update on chamolk lmh :)
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: easy run, and certainly shorter than yesterday/stretches

Why: ran long yesterday; will take the stretches very gently

Hope you got a decent night's sleep, Chick! And trust that you aren't too bored!

Forecast much better today.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Glad the op went ok Chicksta and you won't be in too much pain once the local wears off.

Well done for yesterday's session emzap, walk should do your legs good.

Can imagine it will be difficult for your son to get used to moving around people again Wabo.

Not really bikini top weather here LMH but don't need Ale's coat either. Sun, sun and more sun but a cool wind. Max around 20-23.

Thanks for the chamolk update.

What: not sure yet, probably 7-8 miles with strides
    Why: windy and I don't think my legs would be keen on more intense speedwork as still recovering from Sunday's hiking
    Current hard: waiting for today's announcement on the easing of lockdown measures. Unlikely to contain any perspective on races though.
    Last rest: 30.03

Lyrics: no
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all
    Chick - sounds like it all went well, so rest up and soon see you back out there
    LmH - Happy Anniversary! 
    Ale - decent training again yesterday, I may take a leaf out of your book and do more stretching and stability work....
    Wabo - sounds like you're keeping busy and training well
    Hazel - looks a good session today

What - work
    Why - no play
    Last Rest - last 4 days
    Last hard - tree stump and solid earth combo
    lyric - not sure I do...

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Dustin: the strengthening and stability sounds a good idea, and if you want me to forward you a video or two from my physio let me know. All the exercises are slow and controlled, which is probably appropriate at present! There will, of course, be a few that you might be best not to do at present! Each session is around 30 minutes but you don't, of course, have to do the whole thing.

Beautiful warm sunny day here with just the slightest of breezes.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • It was yesterday but thanks Dustin. How are you feeling today?

Hopefully there'll be something in the announcement that makes things feel better Hazel.

Hope you enjoyed your run Alehouse.

My run was hard work this morning but I think it's because I had a really poor night's sleep, even worse than my usual not sleeping very well. Legs are ok though I have a PITA and I enjoyed the run which are the important things. Most of this afternoon's training has been scuppered by a missing password which I apparently should have been sent but for some unknown reason wasn't - which may take 'a few days' to arrive. Ah well, best enjoy the good weather in the garden for a bit whilst I can.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Glad you enjoyed your run despite PITA and poor sleep,  LMH.

Good to hear that chamolk is ok.

How are the bruises today, Dustin?

Sounds like lovely weather,  Hazel.

Nice consistent running,  ale.

Wow emzap, time really flies.

I'm in exquisite pain now that the 24hr peroneal nerve block has worn off. Practised a bit of robot walking in my boot with the physio but not up to much tbh. Running seems like an improbable task at present. Just have to be patient now which isn't exactly my strong point.

My surgeon wants me to come to his practice tomorrow lunchtime after being discharged so he must be confident ;)
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening! 

That all sounds positive, Chick, especially that the surgeon wants to see you! Pain was to be expected I guess! And yes, patience will be required. Don't forget there will still be lots of stretches that you will be able to do!

Run was fine, LMH. Deliberately slow after yesterday's exertions.