edited May 2020 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: Every day I spend my time
Drinkin' wine, feelin' fine

Late start! Everybody still dreaming? 

What: half an hour or so easy

Why: hamstrings not quite right

Looks like it will be another fine day
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning ale, I was up but working early.

What: an easy 5km
    Why: it's easy run day
    Last hard: waiting to know when we can see family
    Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were I turn to you, Mel C.

Managed to fix my sewing machine so started on a second romper for Lukey.

Chick hope you're not in too much pain.
    Dustin you too.
    Ale take it easy.
    Dustin, you reminded me, I need to bake a cake but it's too hot to have the oven on.
    Hazel good news?

Have a lovely day all 

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning 
    oh yes to these lyrics, a favourite!!
    Chick hope you are doing ok 
    emzap go you with the sewing machine, enjoy the easy 5k
    alehouse enjoy the half hour easy

WHat out the door soon, I am jogging round to my mates then doing 3 ish easy, then jog home
    why: she asked, it will be about 5-6 in total
    last hard: yesterday am
    last rest: 31/12/16

had a lovely run with a club mate yesterday, from the club house we did our club 5k,then I jogged to where oh is working (in my old manor where the kids grew up Leyton).  Bike out of the back of the van then I cycled to 3 old buddies to do the doorstep chat and then cycled home, 4.5 miles I think it was.
     Good news, OH will do his last day as a loft builder today and starts as a CAD engineer on MOnday.  Cleaner, less physical and he is chuffed!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

+1 to working - dreaming would be nice rather than staring at Excel sheets and very messy data.  No wine either - bit early in the day - would produce instant snoring with head on desk I believe.

Enjoy the weather whilst it lasts Ale.  Can you do your stretches in the garden?  Assuming they are taking place today as not mentioned above.

Good news on the sewing machine emzap.  How are the legs after those squats?

Busy out and about Wabo.  And great news for your OH. 

Ouch Chicksta - hope you could get some sleep/rest nonetheless.  Fingers crossed the follow-up with the surgeon goes well and you can get home and rest up some more.  Take it easy and I wouldn't expect you to be up to much 1 day post-op (GA on top?)

Lockdown news is that basically tourist infrastructure is fully opening up as of the beginning of June (some facilities are closed until then) with social distancing and hygiene measures, all schools are reopening.  Spontaneous meetings up to 30 people are allowed as of Saturday. Events of up to 300 people allowed as of the beginning of June (with contact tracing in place).  All sport training allowed as of June.  Plenty of other details, so difficult to keep on eye on everything.  Running wise means less worry about Tuesday's group run being too many people but as I was expecting no perspective of racing due to the contract tracing.  Otherwise nothing has really changed for me - I probably won't be that interested in using tourist infrastructure (e.g. cable cars, campsites) whilst the measures are in place to the extent they are.  Don't really need to anyway as I would rather walk up a mountain and very few campsites are interested in catering for tents anyway.

What: one pace MLR
    Why: mid-week miles habit / speedwork tomorrow so easy pace
    Last hard: working out what is allowed and what is not and what I feel about it
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics:  no
  • Morning.

Couldn't think of lyrics Alehouse.

Well done on fixing the sewing machine emzap. You could make Tiffin or Rocky Road?

Don't be scared to take whatever painkillers have been recommended chicksta. No badges for bravery! I hope the time until you can run again passes quickly.

Sounds like you had a good day yesterday Wabo. Will that mean that your OH can work from home?

My hamstring isn't good this morning Alehouse. Last night it was my knee but that feels ok after Sammy's walk fortunately so I shall try a run but expect it will have to be shorter than usual.

What:          short and easy
    Why:           all I'm capable of
    Last hard:   managing stress
    Last rest:    23/5

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Hazel, I have an outdoor garden room that I do my stretches in, which I did this morning before my run. Would be too self-conscious in the garden! Interesting lockdown news!

What: a surprisingly decent 38 minutes

Why: thought the hamstrings/glutes wouldn't want to play but apart from any slight rise they weren't too bad. In fact the run ended up as a decent fartlek, pushing on reasonably hard in some of the middle sections. Hope your legs play, also, LMH!

Good technical skills, Emz!

Sounds like some enjoyable running going on, Wabo. Glad you know the lyrics!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Cross posted with you this morning Hazel. Whilst a gradual return to some sort of normality is good like you I'm not sure how much of it I would take advantage of. Being able to stop for a coffee and cake on a walk would be nice - it's ok to sit outside in this sort of weather! Should hopefully make things more relaxed for your Tuesday group run too.

Alehouse - my legs were fine once they got going too - no pushing the pace from me though.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Good you were able to run, LMH
    Hope that pesky hamstring settles.

Hazel: It's good to see some sort of normality restored. Tourism is an important factor for the economy but I guess I would rather avoid cable cars and the like... I'm not doing public transport either. It'll be nice to resume that Tuesday group.

Wow, em. I'd love to be able to sew. Unfortunately I'm pretty useless.

That's a lot of activity,  Wabo.

A garden room to do stretches sounds fab, ale.

Surgeon is well happy with my bionic foot. The xrays confirmed everything is in the right place. My foot is less happy as I spent too much time on it but needs must. Will rest it now until June 8 when the stitches come out.
  • I'm glad it's gone well chicksta. As frustrating as it may be rest up and keep it elevated!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Good news, Chick! And hope the foot is high as you read this! Re the garden room, I had the garage knocked down a couple of years ago and a room and small "workshop" built. Both are currently storage spaces except there is room for my gym mat. Just. Must sort the rest!