Friday 29th May 2020 - I'd like to drop my trousers to the world

Morning.

Lyrics - I'd like to drop my trousers to the world

Hope you had a good night chicksta and that recovery is swift.

Haven't heard from OH for a while, hope everything is ok with him.

How are you Dustin? Any improvement?

Looks as though it's going to be another lovely day and weekend. Can't see people waiting until Monday to meet up in the larger groups - not that many weren't doing it anyway <<sigh>>

What:            short and easy if the legs agree
Why:             sanity
Last hard:     seeing an end point
Last rest:      23/5
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were the Australian band Python Lee Jackson with "In a Broken Dream". The lead vocals were by an unheard of session singer called Rod Stewart.

What: short run plus stretches

Why: easy day

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning All
    Ale - garden room looks good, but get rid of that clutter though!!!!
    And yes, I would be interested in any stability workouts please!
    Hazel - lockdown exit strategy sounds good and I agree with LMH that here most people are doing that already (probably the same ones apoplectic with rage at the PMs advisor...)
    LMH - How's the hammy?
    Chick - sounds like all positive progress

Well been on the co-codomol since Monday and discomfort certainly easier. Not sure I'll run this weekend but certainly I'll get some walking done.
    What - working 
    Why - continued recovery
    Last rest - all week, did walk 3 miles on Wednesday
    Last hard - all of it
    Lyric - every senisble child will know what this means (so that's a yes)

In brighter news, in trying to keep the garden part "wild" and part "tidy" we've had a great influx of birds, the squirrels are back breaking the peanut feeders, and plenty of nests nearby jusdging by the amount of tweeting going on. Last night we had two hedgehogs in the garden too. Not seen them in there for literally years. Woodpecker on the feeder this morning too - he's a rare visitor. I'm almost immune to the incessant cuckoo now having been woken by him at 4-4:30 every day last week....
    Springwatch in my own back garden!

• HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Trousers staying on here!  Will probably be out in shorts later though.  Surprised such a rule would be relaxed before rather than after the weekend.  Another bank holiday here on Monday and nice weather so outdoor places will be packed out I imagine.  How are the hamstrings today?

Good point regarding OH - was also thinking that.

Like the garden room Ale.  My OH would love one of those for putting things in. At the moment we would turn it into an additional office for wfh.  He is residing in the kitchen. Nice run yesterday.  Good your niggles have eased fast.

Sound advice from LMH regarding the painkillers chicksta.  Must be nice to be back home.  Have you got some exercices to do?  At least for the other leg?

What: probably a longer recovery run (10kish)
    Why: windy and I had a bad MLR yesterday so probably shouldn't try to do the 3 x 10 LT I had in mind today.  Probably didn't eat / drink enough enough yesterday during the day and really struggled over the last 4 km feeling queasy and wobbly.  Felt ok after plenty of food and drink but will be careful.
    Last hard: MLR yesterday
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • It sounds as though taking it easy today would be a good idea Hazel. Our rule change is supposed to be from Monday but I can't see many people waiting until after the weekend.

Good to hear that you are feeling a bit better Dustin. Unusually my leg feels worse after walking Sammy this morning and I'm very tired (B12 jab due today) so I should be sensible and take a tactical rest day but it's so nice out I think I'll get my kit on, head out and see what happens once I get moving. I'm not working until this afternoon so a long walk home won't be an issue.

How is your hamstring today Alehouse?
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

What: gentle half an hour. Stretches later

Why: taking care of the legs. They didn't really want to play to start with. And in answer to your question, LMH, am sitting on a spiky ball...
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • I seem to be spending quite a lot of time doing that myself Alehouse.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    I was wondering about OH too...

That's a nice extension you built there, ale.

Did you manage a few miles, LMH?

Sounds like a tough run, Hazel. Save the LT for another day.

Lots of wildlife in your garden, Dustin. Don't get me started on the cuckoos though. We have lots (there's plenty of reed in these parts and it's the reed warblers' nests that they have their sight on). Sometimes they cuckoo incessantly through the night. There's one with a slight speech impediment - he cuckoos himself into a bit of a rage and then ends up doing a funny bit of a strangled high-pitched cuckedicoo :D

No exercises yet - I'm supposed to rest but I'm doing what I can lying down or seated - like crunches, leg raises, hamstring bridges (with the good leg), stretches, stuff with my arms. We have a Stressless armchair which has a very flexible back rest so I'm almost lying in it with my legs stretched out in front on a footrest, so the legs are slightly above my heart and I'm still able to work a bit on my laptop. I'm too bored otherwise ;)

Last hard: injecting heparin into my tummy 🤢 - luckily I only need it for 5 days post op.
    I'm not good sticking needless into myself so I'd be pretty rubbish at doping ;)

Yes to lyrics.
  • I'm ok - just life events have taken over. I'll be back in due course.