Saturday 30th May 2020 - City lights shine on the harbour,

Morning.

Lyrics - City lights shine on the harbour,

Night has fallen down

Thanks for popping in OH. I hope it's nothing serious and you'll be back soon.

Take it easy chicksta, you need to recover more than you need to maintain fitness, you'll soon get that back if you recover well and quickly. I did manage a short run yesterday and everything felt better after.

Going to be another nice day here. If I run today it will be the first time I've run seven days in a row. I'm very tempted, especially with the good weather but I know it would be more sensible to take the bike out for a bit to occupy myself and start the running week fresh tomorrow - which of these will happen? I shall see how I feel after Sammy's walk.

What:          something or nothing
Why:           see above
Last hard:   not being able to run as much as I did/want to
Last rest:    23/5

Yesterday's lyrics - Nowhere Fast - The Smiths. 
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
     Hi oh thanks for popping in, good to see you and hope you're ok.

Thought I'd posted yesterday but obviously not.

Chick, heparin injections are not fun. I had to do them for 10 days post C-section and with my massive needle phobia had to get my oh to do them! He stabbed himself with them twice on opening so had to phone the doctor and ask for more saying my husband has stabbed himself... :joy:

Dustin glad you're feeling a bit better.

Lmh sounds like progress but be careful

What: a walk later
    Why: probably run tomorrow
    Last hard: Thursday was easy but my legs ached yesterday!
    Lyrics: don't think so

Have a lovely day all
  • emzap - I'm not going to run today. We are just back from a long walk with Sammy and my knee made it quite clear that if I make it run today it's not going to tomorrow. I can't muster any enthusiasm for the bike. I felt fine first thing but had a real meltdown on Sammy's walk (just had enough of it all and no end in sight I think) so could do with something to make me feel better but can't think what that might be. Mark is going out for a run, I may just take myself out for another walk.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Yes, frustrating isn't it LMH, both knee-wise and the lockdown.

What: 9k d&d, largely off road. Hopefully stretches later.

Why: get it done. And forgot stretches yesterday. 

Good to see you on here, OH!

Lyrics: no
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • The thing is Alehouse even if lockdown restrictions ease my risk won't have so nothing changes - apart from the fact that more people may contract and potentially spread it. Stretch!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Agreed, LMH! On both counts!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    (((LMH))) poor you. Maybe you can bake something nice to cheer you up? Agree,  the bike is simply no substitute for a run.  Hopefully you find something to distract yourself.

Good to see you,  OH. Take your time.

That's hilarious, em ;)  I asked Mr Chick to do it but his face turned green as I explained what he'd have to do so I decided I'd take it into my own hands.

I don't mind doing this to other people, i.e. my dad when he had his hip replacement but it's very different if you have to put a needle into your own tummy ;)

I could never become a serious drug addict :D

I did about half an hour of floor based exercises  today. It's a start :) Still quite tired most of the time which I put down to the after effects of the GA. Took the last pain killers Thursday evening and it's ok 🤞
  • Pointing old wall in garden prior to summerhouse coming  later this year.
    A good day for working outside.

Don't mind putting needles in other people or other people putting needles in me but I too find it difficult to do to myself.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya all
    LMH - take care, I think we all feel like that sometimes.
    Good domestic skills OH (the wall work, not the needle work!)
    I don't mind needles (in me) but don't think I'd want to do the "stabbing"
    Ale - thanks for the videos, will have a look this weekend!

What - 5 mile walk in the woods
    Why - getting some sun
    last rest - 3 walks this week
    last hard - not running
    lyric - possibly
  • It will be nice to have the new summerhouse OH. Are you recovering well?

Thanks Dustin. Sounds as though you're on the mend?

Good news that you don't need the painkillers chicksta.

So, as of Monday rather than trying to negotiate around the pairs out enjoying a socially distanced run or bike ride we are somehow going to have to find room to avoid six? Madness.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Evening. 

the easing of lockdown restictions should at least be due to the number of cases falling - is that at least happening in the UK now?  Or is it due to pressure?  My experience here is that quite a lot of people have been cautious with enjoying their new rights.  Hope that will be the case in the UK too. 

Better to start the running week fresh LMH and consolidate on a couple of weeks of less than 7 days running.  You have been doing well to get back to that point. 

Glad to see you back for a visit OH.  I guess you need to be able to put needles into other people.

Chicksta that's good indeed if you are already off the painkillers.  You have a good selection of exercices lined up there.  I was picturing you being troubled by DOMS everywhere but in your foot!  Can you not inject into the top of your thigh instead?  The times I've had to do the jabs due to a knee injury/operation I did that as I couldn't do it into my stomach. 

Did you do your stretches today Ale?

Do you have any recommendations as to when you might be able to run again Dustin? Or is just by feel? Nice gardenwatch yesterday. Cuckoos drive me errm cuckoo.. 

Was wondering where Wabo has reached in the meantime on her way to JoG.

What: 12k with 5 x 1.05 k @ somewhere between 10k and LT effort.  The .05 was due to making up the full lap around the field
    Why: felt like a bit of speedwork but not like the 3 x 10 min @ LT I had originally planned at the beginning of the week
    Last hard: yesterday's recovery - bloody windy and could only crawl up some of the minor inclines. 
    Last rest: 30.03.
    Last no. of km run by Swiss based runners aiming to do 1 million over this weekend: 397.681. 77.508 signed up.

Lyrics: no