Sunday 31st May 2020 - Silver lining the cloud

chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
Morning :)

Lyrics (easy ones today, so they're taken from the middle):
Silver lining the cloud
Oh and I wish that I could work it out

Nice bit of speedwork, Hazel. Good to be flexible with your training plan and adjust it to how you feel. That is one impressive number you quoted there.
It's probably ok to use the thigh instead of the tummy but somehow I don't think it'll make it any easier for me. I have to really psyche myself up for the needle to pierce the skin. Once it's in, I'm fine.

Hope Poppy is ok. She has not been around for a while...

And wabo is certainly busy with family stuff.

LMH: I would second what Hazel said about most people being really cautious despite the relaxation in lockdown measures. I hope you can find suitable routes to avoid the crowds.

OH: It's very reassuring that even you struggle with self-injections.

We have a rise in numbers again,  sadly. It seems to be down to larger family parties in restaurants completely ignoring distancing rules and religious nutters, singing together and drinking from the same chalice.

More floorwork later :)

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Was just going to post my lyrics, which I knew...

Lots more people around and about here as well, Chick. Was listening to a train driver yesterday saying the trains he takes to the coast are as packed as they have ever been. Standing room only and no social distancing.

Have seen WP about on the over 60s thread!

What: half an hour or so plus stretches

Why: easy day plus didn't do enough yesterday...and wouldn't have done any if it hadn't have been for Hazel!

Enjoy the stretches and strengthening, Chick!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Long Long Journey by Enya.

Not good to hear about the increase in numbers chicksta. Unfortunately it's the cyclist and runners locally that cause most of my stress. They've already been going out in bigger groups and seem to think that they have some right to stay two abreast whilst passing other people - gives us all a bad name. I find injecting into my stomach easier than my thigh too.

Hope you enjoy your run Alehouse.

I'm not sure if my knee is going to allow a run today or if going out will be any good for my stress levels - we encountered a lot of people on Sammy's morning walk :-(

What:             hopefully some enjoyable easy miles
    Why:              I need something to make me feel better
    Last hard:      staying positive
    Last rest:       30/5

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Oh chicksta that's not good about numbers
    Not good reading about USA either ☹️
    More busy with oh thank family at the moment. He starts new job tomorrow and us a bundle of nervous energy!! Off for a run together soon
    I did deliver sweets and card to my son and wife yesterday, 6 years is sweets lol! 
    Lmh I hope wine easy miles can happen and make you feel better.
    I ran with a friend in the forest yesterday and we went single file each time we came across people, two women walking one either side of bridle path left is no choice but to go right through the middle, even with me letting them know we were approaching saying excuse me and sorry. They didn't go single file they just looked at us like we were mad. We had nowhere else to go but through the middle.
    Alehouse enjoy the easy day, I'm following a 12 week stretch plan to sorry my tight calves
    What few miles in forest
    Why we want to
    Last hard yesterday am
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Pleasant enough 30 minutes or so. Very busy out there but mostly family groups. Lots of evidence of barbecues, parties etc happening yesterday though. Will probably be more later. Saw a group of about 30 yesterday!

May stats: no races, no parkruns. 31 days run. 205 km, highest for a long time.
    Last week was over 50 again for another "highest for a long time".
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Some people just have no common sense I'm afraid Wabo and some are just selfish or thoughtless. Wine would probably help but it's a little early :-) Hope you have a nice run with your OH.

Great to see you able to keep building Alehouse.

I had a word with myself, rubbed some magic cream into the knee and enjoyed my run.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Morning/Afternoon

Sorry MIA 2 rest day's and getting back at it and building up with new route.
    I have ordered an Ab wheel watch this space ;)

Chick: How are you doing after op?

LMH:  Glad knee behaved;-)

What:8.5 miles
    Why: Because I can
    Last hard: world events/tiredness
    Lyrics: Nope
    Last rest 29/05
    May mileage:158 miles...not the most this year but better than April.
    5 rest days

My new route is really nice it started out flatter about 250ft elevation but bit by bite I have it at over 370ft:-) the added lane/path I passed by sheep in a field and all sorts it is a slow mile as I stop to enjoy the view take photo's.I saw no one till last 2 miles to home as out very early.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

10km this morning followed by an hour of walking this afternoon.  Got some local beer (a case to replenish ourastocks) and cake and so cake and coffee so feel very happy (I don't like beer but the cake and coffee has made me feel more normal!).

Lmh glad you had a good run.

Wp good to see you :)

Have a lovely afternoon all
  • I'm glad the cake cheered you up emzap.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Poppy: Good to see you. Sounds like a lovely route. I'm ok as can be, thanks for asking. Still adjusting to the fact that I can't move around all the time and should really sit with my leg elevated or lie down. Can't even cook or bake bread, hubby has to do it all :(

My surgeon would be proud of me being so sensible o:)

LMH: Glad you managed to get out and had a good run :)

Nice miles and shopping, em.

Speechless at the idiocy of some people, wabo.
  • Painting, eChurch, 5k run, foundation preparation.
    Home alone
    Lyrics no.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    also been missing in action...

running a bit as gives me head space...

Doc has put me on Anti-Depressants

Nothing further to report....
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening! 

Good to see you RFJ...and running is the best antidepressant that I know! And hope you are working on the stretches and balances!

Just watched the news showing packed beaches and beauty spots...
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Evening.

Read about those outbreaks in Germany chicksta - I hope they are able to stop an wider spread with the contact tracing. Let your OH do the work for you for a bit - you will be back in action soon enough. 

Public transport is a problem Ale.  If I recall there is no duty to wear as mask in the UK either?  Just recommended here but very few people do.  Same here with the outdoor hotspots over the weekend.  I probably shouldn't tell you I was too lazy to do any stretching yet today...  Solid month of running for you. 

Glad you enjoyed your run LMH.  What is this magic cream?

Good luck to your OH for his new job tomorrow Wabo. 

Good monthly mileage too WP - enjoy checking out that new route and why not stop to enjoy the view.

Run, walk, coffee and cake sound good to me emzap.  Shame you don't like beer - a decent alcohol-free one post run is one of my favourites.

Hope you are not too lonely there OH but it seems you have things to occupy you.

Good to see you RFJ.  Hope the ADs help. 

May miles: 255.  That is a least a PB but I shouldn't keep forcing it.  Cut back next week.

What: 26.75 k LSR
    Why: adding to the OneMillionRun challenge
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    91 km this month for me.  Highest since having Lucas.  Pain free too though was sensible today and reduced my long run due to all those squats and lunges on Tuesday!

High mileage hazel and ale!

• "Good to see you RFJ...and running is the best antidepressant that I know! "
    Not just you AH. Evidence based that regular exercise is at least as good as most antidepressants.

Masks or face covering are now mandatory on public transport in Scotland, Hazel. Most buses are empty,everyone on plane 10 days ago wore something on their face.
  • Despite an interrupted month, I just squeezed my 100 miles in.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Well done on the May miles, OH, all things considered! 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Lmh wine 🤣🤣🤣🥂
    May miles -132 my highest may ever and my third highest monthly ever
    Nice miles alehouse and oh
    Emzap good miles! Pain free yay!
    Hazel wowsers on your miles, oh said cheers! 
    Rfj agree about running, nice to see you post
    Chick glad to hear your being sensible, runners and walkers in forest much better today
    Lmh glad you had a nice run
    Poppy wow good miles and the run sounds lovely.
    We had a great run this morning, 6 miles in the forest and we ventured into new parts including a segment called big bad boy hill!!! It was

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can