Monday 1st June 2020 - Let me introduce you

Morning.

Lyrics - Let me introduce you
             To the featherweight queen

Good that you are back running OH.

Hope the anti-d's help RFJ - as has been said, I'm sure the running does.

Nice kilometres Hazel. The magic cream is something I found on holiday in Florida and usually stock up on when we go on holiday, not going to happen this year :-(

I agree chicksta, let hubby take the strain for a bit and keep doing as you're told. The less you do now the sooner you'll be back fully functioning.

Sounds like a good run Wabo. Hope OH's first day goes well.

Another lovely day forecast here today and tomorrow, downhill from there though if the Met Office are correct.

What:            easy miles
Why:             stress management
Last hard:     enduring
Last rest:      30/5
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Bright and sunny again!

What: whatever the legs decide/stretches

Why: running to feel/injury prevention

Lyrics: no
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Morning all
    RFJ- hope the tablets work, but agree with others, running certainly helps me mentally.
    Wabo - sounds fun, don't go having to much of that big bad boy now though ;-)
    Emz- impressive mileage, you had me at beer and cake too (and coffee...)
    Hazel - good speedy session
    WP - sounds like a good route yesterday
    Chick - you'll soon be back out there, these recovery weeks are difficult for the outdoorsy fitness people. 

I think most people round her have been ignoring the guidelines, not just runners and cyclists but multi family groups and older walkers too. 
    Some of the scenes on the South Coast (and other) beaches are ridiculous. 

What - walking
    Why - staying active
    Last rest - haven't run for 10 days
    Last hard - not running
    Off the co-codomol but still a bit sensitive on the ribs. Did think of trying a short run today but I figure whats an extra day or two anyway. Have walked 60-90 minutes the last 4 days though.
    Looking forward to the challenge of getting back to where I was....
    Lyric - I think so , yes
  • You'll get back to where you were quickly Dustin I'm sure, you have such a good base level of fitness. Good news that you've been able to stop the co-codamol.

If you're still listening to radio 2 you know the lyrics Alehouse.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    I'd second ale and others said about running being the best antidepressant, RFJ. Hopefully those meds do that little bit extra. Can't be easy for you.

Big bad boy hill sounds great, wabo :) reminds me of what I used to call bastard hill in France last year ;) Well done on a great May.

With you on the post-run non-alcoholic beer, Hazel. It's one of my rewards, especially on hot days. Although I also like beer with alcohol in it ;)
    Fantastic miles :+1:  

Very good miles for you too, em.

Enjoy your miles, LMH. I was talking with hubby this morning about international travel not going to happen for us in the foreseeable future either.

Bet it won't take you long to regain that fitness, Dustin.

There's a mask obligation on public transport and in shops here.Too many idiots crowding beaches and other beauty spots though 😠

Yesterday's lyrics were Coldplay, The hardest part.
    And I know today's.

Hubby did assisted baking today :) We're out if bread so I told him what to do. It smells nice in our kitchen right now and he's dead proud.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Should have said well done to several on their May totals! And that was a long run yesterday, Hazel!

Thanks for the bake-some-bread reminder, Chick. Mind you I just throw the ingredients into the breadmaking machine.

Rarely listen to radio 2 these days, LMH, except for sometimes remember to listen to Popmaster. Usually listen in the car...but not driving anywhere currently. Usually radio 5 in the house.

What: 13k

Why: SLR, and the longest for some years. Was also a bit of a struggle but at least I got it done. Legs generally tired I think. Must stretch later.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Nice long run, ale :+1:  

I don't use a bread maker. I put the ingredients in a bowl, mix everything together and then transfer the dough into a baking tin like this one

Hubby has no clue of the quantities (I use 3 different flours and lots of different seeds) so I had to help a bit as I have the recipe in my head :)
  • I use a bread machine and bake conventionally depending on how much time I have and what sort of bread I'm making.

That will be why you don't know them then Alehouse. Have you done your stretches today> Popmaster reminds me of Benjy, hope he's ok.

I bet Mr Chicksta is enjoying looking after you and learning new skills - not that he'd admit it :-)
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Chick, hazel I love alkoholfreies Weizen, but not a fan of alcohol beer!

What: half day at work followed by a walk and an afternoon tea with bubbly
    Why: celebrating
    Last hard: Sunday
    Lyrics: nope

Lucas crawled across the landing that! Nice anniversary present for mummy and daddy. Now I need to find some stair gates...

Glad your ribs are feeling better Dustin.
    Rfj hope the meds help. Running does help but doesn't cure all. So glad you're getting help and hopefully you have support at home too.
    Chick good to get Mr chick baking.

Have a lovely evening all
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Evening all
    Dustin I'll try to resist that BB hill 🤣. Glad the ribs have eased up
    Ah emzap that's lovely Lucas is crawling happy days, no stopping him! 
    Alehouse good miles! I always listen to radio 2
    Lmh hope the rest miles were ok, I found it hot today
    What out early 4.2 miles
    Why it's what I must do
    Last hard that
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Oh loved his first day, so happy and relaxed! 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    I missed posting so playing catch up:-)
    Em: great news Lucas is crawling such fun and games:-)

Dustin: I hope you are healing okay and will be back soon enough.

What: 6 miles
    Why: because
    Last Hard: Sleeping in the heat
    Lyrics: Nope

I cut back on mileage as feeling tired and achy to nipe it in the bud .
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression