Wednesday 3rd June 2020 - She was a lonely type

Morning.

Lyrics - She was a lonely type

Her heart can not disguise

A wet start to the day here and forecast to rain all day. Ah well, I enjoyed summer while it lasted. I hope no one had planned there outside or garden meet up for today.

You are doing really well with your core stuff emzap, I've been neglecting mine, must make an effort.

Nice miles Wabo.

My knee isn't happy and the weather isn't inviting but I hope to be able to get out and enjoy a run - at least there should be less people about.

What:            hopefully some easy miles
Why:             it helps
Last hard:     seeing an end
Last rest:      30/5
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning
    Lmh hope you have a nice run, it does help

What few miles this morning, treadmill later, stretches and tai chi
    Why I must
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Have a good day 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were "I want to break free", Queen

What: a run of some description, stretches, cross training in house

Why: will see what the legs want to do when there is a break in the weather, slacking on the stretches lately, slacking on the Dysoning lately.

Rain looks well set in here this morning so may get wet fro the first time for a good while. Not complaining as the farmers in particular need it.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Agree re weather. Annoying but we really need the rain

A walk later though as per 

Lmh yes, the core is being done but there's still a lot of untoned tummy from growing a baby that needs work! Though weight is nearly back to prebaby.

Lucas did his lap of the landing again last night!

Ale, I hope you wore a pink dress.

Wabo hope everything's ok and great May mileage.

Have a lovely day all
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

No, Emz, I don't have a pink dress. In fact don't have a dress at all! And there is too much untoned tummy here as well...without the excuse of growing a baby!

What: stretches and 43 minute run d&d. Dyson work to follow after a quick spot of lunch.

Why: made a determined effort to do a Pilates session that the physio sent, plus plodded myself around in winter gear (except for a hat). Light rain jacket for the light rain. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • You're doing well with the weight emzap - tummy will come given the amount of work you're putting in. You inspired me to do my single leg glute bridges before my run.

It had stopped raining when I went out Alehouse so no jacket - which meant of course that I was rather wet by the time I got back.........

No idea who our new friend is but there's no way I'm risking clicking that link!
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Afternoon..

Oops - missed the last couple of days again.

First splats of rain on the window just now and some wet the next few days.  My farmer running buddies have both got the hay in in time fortunately.

Can imagine WP is enjoying it though.

Do your knees react to such weather LMH?  Think I will also ignore that link but I have spam flagged it anyway (if 5 do so it will disappear).

I would prioritize the stretching over the Dysoning Ale. 

Well done on the weight emzap - +1 untoned tummy here.  Great news on Lucas crawling.

Good news on the swimming OH - had been missing the reports on that.  You must be looking forward to Elspeth coming home tomorrow.

Great May mileage Wabo - well done.

No swelling sounds good chicksta. 

What: 5 general aerobic miles planned after post biscuit disgestion (hmm Digestives)
    Why: cut-back week so nothing too long / strenuous planned
    Last hard: deciding whether to sign up for an autumn race or not - some events are now calling out for participants to sign up with an offer of a full transfer to next year if the race can't happen.  They are otherwise facing cancellation within the next few weeks for this year due to a lack of participants. 
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Dysoning done, but stretches and running happened first, Hazel! Priorities!

The link was fairly innocuous: how to make a medal display or some such. Spam anyway!

Grey, breezy and cold here so very much a cleaning rather than gardening day! Also am working with some others on the history of the uni cross country club, so have done a bit of that as well. 

Was thinking about races when I saw that the CEO of England Athletics said that there may be some chance of competition towards the "back end of September". That's 17 or 18 weeks off, at the earliest, so far too soon for me to be thinking about races and the associated training; think I will stick to building a base, including injury protection, and review again in a month or so. 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Ale - there is an EA brief tomorrow regarding club training, but I guess racing off limits for now. Hopefully the XC goes ahead...
    Emz - exciting times with Lucas and a good session yesterday

What - easy 5k
    Why - starting to run again
    Last Rest - most of the past fortnight
    Last hard - today

Ventured out yesterday for the first run in 11 days, 5.4 miles mix of road and trail and it was a bit heavy going. Still quite a bit of discomfort and the legs felt heavy (to be expected). 
    Today was just a 5k amble over the fields in something like half hour.
    Stretching needed ...

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Progress Dustin! Good to see you running.
    Was going off the first couple of minutes of the Chris Jones video on the England Athletics website.
    And stretch! Or more particularly I am finding it more and more important to work on balance.
  • I didn't know that Hazel - I've highlighted it now too. Would you feel comfortable going to a race? If so it might give you a focus. My knees don't react to the weather but my back/shoulder seems to - I am pretty desperate for my physio to be able to work again, I think it's the longest I've gone without having her loosen my back off.

Great that you are back running Dustin - take it easy though.

Do you stand on one leg whilst cleaning your teeth Alehouse?
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    I will brush my teeth in a new way later, LMH! Or not!
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    I was the 5th flag today and sent the spammer into oblivion >:)

That's my good deed for the day :)

Busy with work again. Will check in properly tomorrow. I did do my 45 mins of  s&c though
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    And thanks to chick I didn't have to see that link
    Dustin great that you've had a run
    3.7 miles just done. 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • You are being very disciplined with your s&c chicksta. You'll have abs of steel by the time you're back running!

Alehouse - it's a really easy way to fit it into your day.

Have you got used to being home alone in the day now Wabo?
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Ale I also do teeth brushing one legged :)
  • Not a great day.
    Kidney stone pain though night.
    Managed to offload about 40 bags garden refuse this morning to recycling centre but "flumped" this afternoon. No running in June so far.
    Driver's side electric window jammed open today so another visit to garage tomorrow.
    Looking forward to getting Elspeth home from hospital in Edinburgh tomorrow. Been a long 12 days.

I think you'd look just gorgeous in a little pink number AH :wink: .
    Assume I'm missing a reference to a Dyson advert here
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Just looking online for a little pink number, OH! Not sure it would go down too well in the Griffin though. 

This may be of interest if I have the right link: 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEKVLjXO2Fk

Sorry to hear that the stones are playing up still. But better news about Els. 

And well done Chick on the cross training. And getting rid of the spammer. For those who missed it, it takes 5 people to flag a post to get rid of it.