Friday 5th June 2020 - Hurry up

Morning.

Lyrics - Hurry up
             Don't slow down

Would it mean an overnight stay too Hazel? Yes, I started the new job a couple of weeks ago though it's been quiet so far (which is fine by me). I don't think I could manage teh wobble cushion as well as one leg and do a very effective job on my teeth!

Hope Els arrived home safely and your stones didn't cause you any pain OH. Must be nice to be reunited.

I can't see races happening in July or August Alehouse. I think I'm fortunate as I don't need a race on the horizon to motivate me to get out and run, the run is the reward in itself (not quite the right word but I think you'll know what I mean).

Grey, chilly and breezy here this morning :-(

What:           easy miles
Why:            it makes me feel better
Last hard:    seeing an end
Last rest:     30/5
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were "Howzat", by Sherbet

Yes, I agree that the run is the reward in itself, LMH. At some point I would be interested to know how fit I am though, but no urgency and if there is never another race or parkrun it wouldn't particularly bother me!

What: whatever the legs decide plus stretches

Why: running to feel, trying to develop a good habit

May well get wet on today's run: currently very grey and breezy. The forecast for the next three weeks is mainly the same!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • We had some very heavy rain after I'd posted Alehouse but fortunately it went through quite quickly. Chilly out though, I'm just warming up after Sammy's walk before heading out for my run.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

30 minutes stretches d&d but not going to run yet: raining and cold rain at that.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Hmm I would like to race again at some point in the reasonably near future as I was still PB chasing and being in my mid-forties I feel the clock ticking a bit.

+1 to grey and breezy, muggy rather than cold though.

What: 4 mile recovery later
    Why: leg loosener
    Last hard: waiting for the weekend
    Last rest: 30.03

Lyrics: familiarish
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

What: 8.5k

Why: MLR (about two-thirds of my "long" run of 13k: I work on between 0.65 and 0.75 of the long run for the MLR). 

Was extremely fortunate with the weather: saw that it had stopped raining so went out the door, not knowing exactly what I was aiming although I knew that the MLR was today or tomorrow. Decided to get it out the way. Only 9 degrees and very breezy. And within minutes of finishing the rain started again. 
    Have already done 40k for the week so the next two days ought to be relatively short and easy.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Overlooked your question above LMH: it would mean staying overnight yes.

You are 0.1k ahead of me Ale. Currently on 39.9k for the week. Whoops, sure I could have found 100m somewhere.

My first ultra (56k) would have been tonight/tomorrow. Somehow glad it isn't as wet, cool and windy would not have been nice. DNF rate was pretty high last year for the parallel 100k and it was 5 degrees warmer.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Actually Hazel, have only run 39.95k so far: I rounded it up. 

Just ordered a new pair of Asics DS Trainers from Sportsshoes.com using the latest discount code (10% off plus free postage, so message me if you want the code anyone).
  • Yes please Alehouse! I set off for my run when it was dry and bright but it went grey and wet before I got back. I have recorded my highest mileage week for some months, now need to decide whether to go for seven days consecutive running (assuming everything feels ok tomorrow).

The need for an overnight stay would definitely have a bearing on my decision Hazel. Don't write your PB days off yet - mine all came when I was 51 - it has been somewhat downhill from there though :-(
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    I hear ya, Hazel. My PBs were all set when I was 44. Haven't been anywhere near them since but that year I had my disc slippage and things really went downhill from there. But LMH is right, you never know. She has run some awe-inspiring times :)

Good long run, ale.

OH: Sorry to hear you're still in pain. Hope you've been reunited with Els.

Nice that your new job is still quiet, LMH. I'd find it hard to cope with something new, stressful and busy.

Didn't manage to post yesterday after spending 11 hours glued to my tiny laptop screen finishing an urgent assignment. Happy to have something to keep me occupied though. I've taken on stuff from a dear colleague who's mum has terminal cancer. She won't have much time left on this earth :(
    All very sad. Her mum is my age...

Been very diligent with my core routine o:) No one-legged stuff here unfortunately. I could perhaps balance on the left leg a bit but I'd ather not risk it in case I topple over and crash-land on my operated foot.
  • Quiet day after traumas of last 12 days.
    Kidney pain troublesome again last night too.
    Not run this month so far.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya all
    late late post from me
    What - no run but an hour strength & conditioning 
    Why - another busy work day and caution for the legs/ribs 
    last rest- well no running today but some of those exercises were hardly “restful”
    last hard - yesterday’s 10k