Saturday 6th June 2020 Ayrton Senna's got the voice of a tenor

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: Ayrton Senna's got the voice of a tenor
Peter Snow sings very low

What: a run of some description plus stretches

Why: will very much depend on the weatherman or lady when I get out. Rain currently very heavy and looks well set to stay that way
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Keep Moving by Madness.

Sorry to hear that you are still in pain OH.

It's not busy but it is stressful chicksta. Sorry to hear about your colleague's mum.

That was a good s&c session Dustin.

It's cold, wet (though not as wet as Alehouse describes) and windy. I was planning to try a seventh run in a row but I have decided I'd be doing it for the sake of it so I'm not going to. I can make excuses, my right knee does feel a little niggly (which makes a change from the left) but I think it would cope, but the bottom line is that I just don't think a run would be enjoyable.

What:            nothing
    Why:             see above
    Last hard:     I'm finding maintaining my equilibrium a little hard
    Last rest:      30/5

Lyrics - vaguely familiar but it's a no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Does the continued kidney stone trouble mean another procedure for you, OH?

Sounds sensible, LMH. No running weather here either. It's so cold that our heating came on last night.

Fingers crossed for an adequate dry spell to get your run in, ale.

More s&c for me. Been doing this daily for a week now and I do think my abs look a teensy bit more toned than before ;)
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Morning again!

The s&c seems to be going well Chick! Keep it up!

Did indeed find a window of opportunity for my run, although did get a heavy shower after 20 minutes. Torrential again now and windy. Stretches done pre run.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • We switched ours on when we got back from walking Sammy chicksta.

Windy here too Alehouse and we’re having some heavy showers go through.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Still raining, and cold here, although trying not to put the heating on. Suspect I will have to later. Was about 8 degrees when I ran and the "feel like" was 4! Actually didn't think it was that cold but wore my sleeping bag jacket and woolly hat, plus the usual tracksters, long sleeved thermal vest and gloves. Of course. 
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Afternoon.

No need for heating here yet but I would swap a few degrees for less wind...

Sensible LMH - not really your conditions.

Well wrapped up Ale. Good you found a decent slot for your run.

Sad about your colleague's mum chicksta. Are you on crutches? I assume yes. You should have good upper arms soon as well. Tip for longer stretches: short fingered cycling gloves if you haven't discovered that yet.

Well done on the s&c yesterday Dustin.

Not good still with the kidneys OH.

What: 6ish miles GA to do in a bit, probably with a few strides
    Why: seems appropriate for a cut-back week
    Next hard: anything against the wind will be
    Last rest: 30.03
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Afternoon,

Cold 4 degrees here and blustery no rain I was suitable clothed woolly hat, gloves and thin long sleeved top and all came off barr my hat by mile 2:-)

What: 6 miles easy over the hills
    Whay: because
    Last hard: tiredness
    Lyrics although they sound familiar no

I have an ab wheel and that is keeping me achy in all the right places;-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Sorry for being awol, bad week so struggling a bit mentally.

Did 4.5 terrible km Thursday then 13.5 this morning. Felt better for the latter

Will try and post a bit more but need to get my happier head back.

Sore thighs after this morning's run, chaffing despite the Lucas ointment (complete coincidence the antichaff cream I use is named Lucas!!).

Hope all are doing well.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Good to see you em and glad you feel better post run. Lucas' ointment made me chuckle. Hope your happy head comes back.

Poppy: those ab wheels are hard work. I used them when the gyms were still open.

Hazel: no crutches. My surgeon is one of the very few that advocates just a specific shoe which avoids any pressure on the forefoot. I can put full weight on my right leg - the shoe protects the operated bit. I have to use a strange robot shuffle though where you step forward on the bad foot and put the good one next to it. Will remember that cycling gloves tip if I ever end up on crutches. They're a versatile piece of kit - I remember using mine for rock climbing too, especially if you do via ferrata sections.