Sunday 7th June 2020 - Common love isn't for us

Morning.

Lyrics - Common love isn't for us

Sorry to hear that you've had a bad week emzap. I hope that this one is better. I wear inov8 trail shorts which are double layered - might be worth considering to alleviate the chafing?

Cold and breezy here this morning with rain forecast. I'm missing the warm weather. Typically my left knee became more niggly as the evening progressed yesterday, I don't think inaction agrees with it (though I did walk over eight miles). I'm hoping that it will be fine for a run - and that I can dodge the rain.

What:            short and easy
Why:             nursing my knees
Last hard:     knowing what to do for the best
Last rest:      6/6
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were John Kettley is a Weatherman, A Tribe of Toffs.

What: stretches plus half an hour or so run

Why: a fairly typical exercise day at present to take me just over 50k for the week. 

Pouring here again so the run will have to wait.

Decent longer run there Emz
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • We got soaked on our morning walk Alehouse so I'm baking and hoping it will go through though the Met says it's here for the morning it should lighten up. 
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

+1 to procrastinating due to wet weather. Should be better this afternoon.

Yesterday's lyrics are now stuck in my head Ale. John Kettley and Michael Fish were good weathermen. Wasn't that at round the time with the stick-on symbols that sometimes fell off?

Cake LMH? 8 miles is a decent walk too.

Good long run emzap but ouch to the chafing. Everyone has a bad run now and then, keep the memories of the good ones and forget the rest.
    Hope you are feeling better very soon.

Ab wheels sound nasty WP.

Great you don't need crutches chicksta, they always fall over at inconvenient moments. I can imagine you will get up to quite a speed with that robot shuffle over time. How is everything feeling now?

What: MLR, probably HM distance.
    Why: this week's long run
    Last hard: waking up this morning, but with no concrete plans, who cares.
    Last rest: 30.03

Lyrics: no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Enjoy your run, Hazel! And I agree about focusing on the good runs. I think the symbols were a little earlier. The famous, or rather infamous, "there won't be a hurricane" forecast by Michael Fish was 1987.

Hope you stay/stayed dry, LMH!

What: half an hour stretching then just over 35 minutes running

Why: waiting for the rain to stop, although got fed up of waiting and ending up running in light drizzle. Just over 51k for the week, so another highest for a good while. Will probably have a very easy day tomorrow and move Monday's long run to Tuesday: legs felt a little jaded today so they need a little looking after!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Bit more than drizzle for me Alehouse but no wind behind it and it wasn't too cold so a pleasant enough run in my OMM jacket. Very few people out which is always nice. Careful eh? Nothing wrong with a day off.

Banana and peanut butter Hazel. I intend to taste test it this afternoon. Hope you enjoyed your run.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Ale: +1 what LMH said. Better to err on the side of caution. Very good consistent mileage.

Those OMM jackets are great :+1: LMH. Cake sounds delightful. I'm a sucker for anything containing peanut butter :)

Hope it dries up for your MLR, Hazel. If I don't think about it I forget I have a sore foot ;) It's usually worse at night when there's no distraction. Sutures coming out tomorrow and I hope to be able to spend some time at my desk rather than on my couch with a laptop. I usually work with two 27" screens and I miss them :)

Another 45 mins of s&c done.

• 7 day non-running streak achieved  :'(
    Els improving fast but my kidney stone misbehaving. Review x-ray tomorrow.
    A little light weeding only.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Good news about Els, OH...but not about yourself...

I probably painted the wrong picture earlier, LMH/Chick. Legs are tired but that is to be expected and perfectly manageable; am simply re-arranging the forthcoming week, which I often do! And talking of not taking a rest day, where's Wabo? Trust she is OK! Probably lost part way between Land's End and John O' Groats!