Monday 8th June 2020 - You made me breakfast every morning

Morning.

Lyrics - You made me breakfast every morning

Sorry to hear that Els has been ill OH. Please give her my nest wishes. Hope you can get your kidney stone sorted soon.

Sounds as though you are making good progress chicksta.

Looks as though we are going to have a grey, chilly but dry day which will be an improvement on yesterday - I'd like the warm weather back though.

What:           short and easy
Why:            it's what I do
Last hard:    managing stress
Last rest:     6/6

Yesterday's lyrics - Physical by Dua Lipa.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: easy run plus stretches

Why: easy day

What month are we in? Certainly not June! Heating is on, I'm afraid. Grey and cool but hopefully it will stay dry.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Chilly here too Alehouse - I'm just warming up post walk and pre run.
  • A better day here after a few cold days (8°C + wind chill)
    Elspeth doing remarkably well after being airlifted to Edinburgh on 23rd following a subarachnoid hemorrhage from a cerebral aneurysm.
    Meanwhile kidney stone grumbles on for me. Anticipating repeat lithotripsy in next week or two.
    Not feeling like running yet.
    Lyrics no
  • I had no idea OH. So sorry to hear that but pleased that she's recovering. What an awful thing to have to deal with and especially at such a difficult time. Thoughts are with you both.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Yes, a very traumatic time for you all, OH. Delighted to hear of Els's progress. Long may it continue. And hope your stone stops grumbling!

What: 35 minutes easy plus stretches

Why: the sort of day. (Tram track to Burnage pr, lap of PW School field and return, which OH will be able to picture!). Overdressed, of course. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    OMG, I had no idea either, OH. That sounds really serious. How upsetting for the whole family. Glad that Els is recovering well.

Not very June-like here either although it is slightly warmer than of late.

Did you have a good run, LMH?

Surgeon is happy with my progress. The wound is healing nicely and I'm one of the very few people without any post operational swelling. He said I was in pretty good nick for my age ;) I'm allowed to wfh and spend some time at my desk but I should keep walking to a minimum and prop the leg up as much as I can.

Half an hour of s&c earlier.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Oh no OH, get wells to both of you!

Hope the cake turned out well LMH. Partial to PB also.

Sutures out sounds good chicksta and a nice compliment from your surgeon too.

Was wondering about Wabo too. Plenty of opportunities for getting lost on Lejog.

What: recovery this evening
    Why: daily exercise
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • The cake is nice Hazel :-)

Good news chicksta. Not too much sitting up though eh? Don't want to take any longer than necessary to get back out running. I enjoyed my run thanks - though I'd have preferred it to be about 10C warmer.

Better overdressed than under Alehouse.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    OH what a lot you are going through.  Hope ELS is ok, poor thing! And my mates bf has got problems re a kidney stone and is in agony so sympathies to you!!
    LMH glad you had a nice run
    Lol Hazel I am not lost! Enjoy the recovery
    Without going into too much - things have been happening re Giselle and not all is how we have been informed and it has all been upsetting.  She is fine its just to do with legal stuff so I can't talk about it.  My brother has been through hell and his wife is in a psychiatric ward, devastating.  So I think that's enough of why I am a bit sporadic.  I am good though and still on lejog, not sure where I am!! 
    Chick great news I am sure you are in wonderful nick!!
    alehouse hope you had a good run and stretch

what: 5 miles, including a park run course
    why: wanted to
    last hard: that was ok but not easy
    last rest: 31/12/16

Off to do tai chi, I have neglected it
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Good to see you Wabo! Rather a lot going on so no wonder we haven't seen you! Thoughts with you. A very difficult time without all the extra issues. 
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Oh no, wabo. That sounds awful. My heart goes out to you and yours. Thanks for the compliment ;) and well done on keeping LeJog up :+1:

I shall continue to work as much from my couch as I possibly can, LMH but it's good to know that half an hour or so with a proper screen is an option. Some things are so tedious if done on a laptop and take me twice as long.

You still have a bit of a streak going, Hazel. Nice.

And I think I know the lyrics.
  • Sorry to hear that Wabo. We are here for you.

Good news - my physio has found somewhere to work from and is allowed to go hands on. I'm booked in on the 24th - my back needs it so much and I'm sure my legs will be grateful once they've forgiven me.