Tuesday 9th June 2020 ...there is a barber showing photographs

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics:  ...there is a barber showing photographs
Of every head he's had the pleasure to know

Like many others, could do with getting my haircut! 

What: will see what the legs decide plus stretches

Why: running to feel
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all,
    Apologies for being awol for a few days. 
    Work is hectic and I made an effort to avoid sitting anywhere near a PC at the weekend!

OH  - Sounds like you're having a torrid time but good to hear that Els seems to be on the road to recovery. I also hope your kidney woes are likewise improving. Thoughts obviously with you both.
    Chick - sounds all very positive, your new booty sounds very 21st century - not bionic are they? Here comes that sub 2:45!
    Wabo - Sounds like a tricky time for you too, lots of hugs coming your way and hopefully Lejog is keeping a sense of sanity to your routine
    Emz - reading back it looks like some consistency in training, not the easiest of times to maintain a routine so well done you
    Ale - More considered and sensible training. As for haircuts, I quite like my shaggy mop now, shame Mrs D and the kids don't!
    LmH - Well done for the sensible head on Saturday. It is difficult to ease off when you are used to running every day.

Brief recap:
    Saturday - 8 miles steady over the fields, poppies, baby goats, lambs and a herd of cows
    Sunday - just over 11 miles easy again on trail. Needed to see how that felt, surprisingly OK but was glad to stop!
    Yesterday - just a 4.2 recovery run at teatime. 

Today - Tempted to do some hill repeats but still have residual rib (lower abdomen) soreness - not pain, just discomfort - so maybe I'll see ho with starts but defer to hour easy otherwise.
    Why - doing what I can
    Last rest - Friday
    Last hard - Sunday

Have a great day
  • Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Make Me Better by James Blunt.

That's some serious training Dustin especially if your ribs are still sore! It's been a long time since I've run every day. Would Mrs D and the kids prefer you with a clippered look?

Apart from being a little chilly it's a good morning for a run here Alehouse - hope you have similarly good weather.

Just back from a five mile walk with Sammy, she's getting more robust and fitter. Probably not the best prep for trying my longest run for several months but at least the legs are well and truly loosened off.

What:           hopefully a longer run
    Why:            I'd like to be able to get back to doing more miles
    Last hard:    how long it's taken me to rehab the knees this much
    Last rest:     6/6

Lyrics - I think I do.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

Sorry been awol again, also having a bit of a tough time still though things are getting better.

Oh oh my goodness, I'm so sorry to hear about els, I'm so glad she seems to be recovering well, must have been scary for you both. Hope those kidney stones start behaving too.

Wabo hope things also start improving for you too, you have an awful lot going on.

Chick, glad you got stitches out but as lmh said, take it easy!

Lmh good news on the physio.

Running club was back last night! 6 groups all starting at different times with 2m between the 5 participants+run leader. Did 8x 1 min with 1.5 min recovery. Not the most exciting as round a field but I got out there.

Just a walk for me today.

Have a lovely day all
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Yes, LMH, was decent weather for running this morning. Grey, gentle breeze and just the right sort of temperature as long as you keep moving. 

What: 14k, mostly off road

Why: longest run for years, backing up last week's 13k. A couple of easy days beckon. 

Running club sounds good, Emz... well compared to the last few months that is!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • First (short) run of June
    (in new Fetch ”AvoidEveryone" vest)
    Separation anxiety and grumbling kidney stone

Lyrics no

Tough going for you Wabo

Hairdressers don't make much trade out of me. 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    I am pretty sure you, and everyone else, knows the lyrics, OH! Glad you got a run in...and those vests are fun!
  • I'm glad you're feeling a bit better emzap.

Good that you felt ok to get out for a run OH.

It brightened up nicely here whilst i was out Alehouse. Not my longest run for years but for months.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    That's excellent news on the respective long runs ale and LMH.

LMH, hope you are turning a corner with you knees. Also brilliant news re. availability of your physio. 

Glad you managed a run, OH. Love the sense of humour with that vest.

Nice that your club is running some sessions again, em. I do miss my parkrun crew although I'd be of no use at the moment. 

Haha, Dustin - if I ever managed a 3:45 I'd be thrilled. I'm not sure I have any more marathons in me, but time will tell. Your return to running is looking good. Hopefully that residual pain will ease soon.

I managed half an hour at my desk fiddling with some tricky spreadsheet but I was glad to retire to the couch with my leg propped up soon afterwards. Whilst it didn't really hurt my foot made it very clear it doesn't like to be shoved under a desk just yet, even though I did raise it a bit with a pile of cushions.

45 mins of s&c done. That's  11 days in a row  o:)

Yes to lyrics.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Evening.

More hugs to wabo. Fully understand you might not have the time or headspace to post.

Good set of runs that Dustin with plenty to look at. Understand the reluctance to visit the PC at the weekend.

Great news indeed regarding the long run LMH and hope your physio gives you a good work over.

Well done also on the long run Ale.

Group outing must have been lovely emzap.

Good to see you back out OH.

Grr to the spreadsheet chicksta, spend too much time looking at those. Take it easy with the foot and well done on the s&c streak.

What: group 10.5 k
    Why: Tuesday
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: hmm unfamiliar, really that easy?

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all
    Good news on the respective long runs LMH & Ale. 
    Hazel - small amount of jealousy for the club run.
    That said we're hoping to resume training at the track shortly. Initially for the smaller track groups (sprinters, hurdlers and mid distance) but hopefully little people and big people can follow. The former groups are by their very nature smaller so groupsof 5 is not uncommon.

What - easy run later
    Why - getting out, stretch the legs
    Last Rest - Friday
    Last Hard - yesterday. 
    Put my big boy pants on, and decided to try out a shorter hill sessson. 
    mile warm up, 5 x 200m fast uphill , jog back recovery. 4 minutes easy, 5 x 125m fast slightly steeper hill, jog back recovery. 2 miles easy back home. All on grass, dog walkers probably thought "what's that idiot doing?"
    Heavy legs but apart from some small disconfort, managed ok.