working at it slowly

1818281838184818581868188»

Comments

• DLDL ✭✭✭
    Had to fight my way through the tumbleweed and cobwebs, but here I am. I too mourn the sad demise of the thread. I really don't like Facebook so it's not working for me, even slowly!

I am in another not running phase. OH is 5 days away from submitting her dissertation to complete her social work degree and XFC is currently AWOL having hooked up with some older guy and 'taking it slowly' resulting in a few 'conversations' and her virtually moving in with him a day into the relationship. We were booked for a special relaxing trip to Sri Lanka to celebrate OH finishing her degree which was cancelled. We are now spending every spare moment sorting a road/city/park/camping trip to New York State.

Yay to the Tiggywinkles Waister  hedgiepig annexe and refuge. I did a badger watch the other night and have finally seen a live badger- glad to know they actually exist! 

Yay to those of you who continue to marathon. I think running one is what ' done me in' ! I've never been the same since.

Pippi - I still have flat Stanley - he lives in my car and keeps me company on my work trips -  would you like him to visit New York and report back? Or was he supposed to return to school (oops)?

Will try to pop in more, if only to talk to myself and keep the past alive   o:)
  • Pippi LSPippi LS ✭✭✭
    Flat Stanley can enjoy a quiet retirement, thanks! We did love receiving the replies and photos though (Waisters were very helpful here). Enjoy your trip - I remember being a bit envious of your California camping trip. I don't know if we could ever afford the insurance for Mr P now!!!
  • YumsYums ✭✭✭
    OMG  some of you are still here😀
    * turns a cartwheel and lands in the splits*  

Well done on the marafun, Mrs fastfast. I'm sure your run was still impressive. I'm always in awe of anyone who runs daft distances especially those who return to them again and again. 

Well done on your ride, pippi. What is an audax? I'm glad you're feeling better. It does sound as though your hormones are behaving badly. Amazing how bad they can make us feel. Ah yes, flat Stanley 😀

Oh DL you haven't even gone on your holiday and it's gone wrong! I am smiling at the thought that you're planning to replace one holiday mishap with another...camping. still at least I can look forward to your tales of wind and rain and tents. Have you ever read I left my tent in San Francisco ? Gawd to XFC. Bless her. Let's hope chap us a good un. 

No 2 may have a love interest.  His behaviour changed and of course mums know these things. I put it to him and he admitted he'd met someone. I may be off to the Azores with work in October unless of course we leave the EU before then.

Biggie Smalls visit last night

• aw Yums you're so lucky to have a hedgie :) I haven't seen a live one for years, but I have seen 2 squished ones recently which although really sad, at least means they are still about

DL - never dull is it!

nice to see a possible revival on our facebook thread - I do think that is the way to go as this site is so rubbish.

The only person I could think of who I haven't seen on facebook is Mathschick - so if you do pop in here we have a facebook group hopefully you could join

• DLDL ✭✭✭
    Goodly morning

Looks like your hedgiepig has brought his own coolly box with him. Is he having a picnic?! Great photo.

The Azores in October and no 2 in love - it's all going on down your way

We are booked into a hotel tonight as I booked to take OH to Chelsea Flower Show tomorrow. It was on Monday last week I discovered I got my dates wrong - that was fun!? We got there and had a great time, but the getting there and re-arranging work and stuff was just a tad stressful.

Still no running. I have seen pictures of other people doing it - does that count?
  • DLDL ✭✭✭
    Stop the world

Brexit is no longer the biggest news

I've just been for a run - please think of that in inverted commas

Thank you

You may resume normal service
  • YumsYums ✭✭✭
    OMG everything in the world is ok again DL has run. Clearly inspired by looking at pictures of others running. Does it work for other thing? Now that you've been to Chelsea flower show is your lady garden gawjus? Lol at the hog coolie. It's a hog feed station. It's designed to prevent cats eating the food and is very effective.

Oh squashed hogs😢but as you say a sign perhaps that it's a hog friendly habitat.

I can no longer access WAISTers of FB since I was forced to have a new identity and account.  I seem to recall it's a secret group so I can't even ask to be added. If someone would be kind enough to invite me I'd be grateful. 

No 2 is grouchy these days. I've no idea why but I feel I'm always in the firing line😕Yesterday he was busy with a certain VIP visit. He has a fab photo of him and a United States of America 747
    X
  • Beanz52Beanz52 ✭✭✭
    Hello
    Blows the dust of the surfaces and wonders if anyone is still here at all??
  • CP IS expensive but so are hotels and there is so much more flexibility - as Chuggy says the TBs can go off and do their own thing and still be back for tea
    We went last year for the first time and it was the MOST relaxing holiday we'd ever had - no dashing off to do things, look at castles, walk mountains ... just chill with some books, plod off road and the occasional swim. No cooking - we eat out in the evening and everyone builds their own lunch from the wide selection I buy in the shop.