Wednesday 10th June 2020 - What have you gathered to report to your progenitors?

Morning.

Lyrics - What have you gathered to report to your progenitors?

Are you still mulling over the race Hazel? I think I'm gradually getting there with my knees but I'm still a long way from where I was. Not getting any younger though which may have something to do with it.

You are being very dedicated to your s&c and rehab chicksta - I'm really hoping you'll reap the rewards.

We had heavy rain go through at 0430hrs and it's cold - a high of 14C forecast for today - where's flaming June? If the forecast is correct I should get a dry run in. I'm hopeful of being able to try after walking Sammy.

What:           short and easy
Why:            still managing my knees/stress relief
Last hard:    enduring this far and not knowing how much longer I'll need to
last rest:      6/6
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: gentle 5km
    Why: it's that sort of day
    Last hard: all week, though I've come up with a plan to hopefully make me feel a bit better
    Lyrics: nope

Fingers crossed I'll be back off work for August and September then reducing to part time in the near future.

Have a great day all
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Morning!

And a very wet one!

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were Penny Lane, The Beatles. (I had heard calls for Penny Lane to be re-named as it is currently named after someone who made his fortune in the slave trade; also a call for The Beatles to issue an apology. Wonder what Penny Lane Striders running club will do!)

What: as per  Emz, gentle 5km
    Why: it's that sort of day

Mustn't forget the stretches!

Interesting times work-wise, Emz!

Meant to say, a lot of training recently, Dustin, considering the ribs! I can still feel the pain!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    LMH good news re physio, like you I will try and slip out in the dry and do a treaddy one as well
    OH I have the t shirt 'Avoid everyone' lol
    dustin poppy, goats, lambs and cow run sounds fun!! Hope your ribs are feeling less sore
    enjoy the 5k alehouse, currently looking at the rain and pondering!!

What: maybe a couple of runs, tai chi
    why: want to
    last hard: yesterday am
    last rest: 31/12/16

Last time I looked I was at Weston super mare on lejog, will update later lol
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning.

No decision as yet LMH, will have to do that in a couple of weeks. Must admit to a sneaky look at some P&D plans though. Will be hard to motivate myself for that level of effort though if there is uncertainty about the race going ahead.

June is a bit dull and cool for me even. Hopefully it won't be followed by a massive heatwave. Gradual increase please.

Good you have a plan emzap and fingers crossed that works out. Enjoy that 5k.

Interesting regarding Penny Lane Ale. Well wrapped up again today then?

What: medium recovery
    Why: saving the legs for tomorrow
    Last hard: getting up this morning, was wide awake at 5:30, fed the cats and then zzz and didn't want to get up later. Should have stayed up.
    Last rest: 30.03

Lyrics: no, but provoked a short conversation with myself.
  • I hope your plan comes to fruition emzap.

Hope things are looking a bit brighter for you and yours Wabo.

Instead of drying up as forecast the rain is heavier here now Alehouse. Working at 1200hrs so I need to get out regardless if I'm going.

Having walked Sammy I'm not convinced my knee is going to agree to a run but although I think the sensible thing to do would be to take a rest day I'm going to get changed, head out and see if it will settle and allow a few easy miles.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

It's Wednesday, Dustin! Good session though!

Legs were very tired on today's run, but that's fine and was expected! Stretches beforehand. Managed to avoid the worst of the rain. Didn't stop until I ran and hasn't stopped since! Good timing, and yes, Hazel, reasonably well wrapped up!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • I take it Dustin has posted on yesterday's thread?

Hopefully things will be a bit clearer in a couple of weeks Hazel. London are due to make an announcement on 21st June.

Wet for my run Alehouse but only a light rain and no wind behind it so it wasn't unpleasant. It also meant that there were few people out - always a bonus these days.

I decided to rub some magic cream into the knee and see how I went. Didn't really expect to get further than the end of the road to be honest but it was fine. A slow run but like Alehouse I expected that after yesterday's longer one.