Saturday 13th June 2020 - Well, my soul checked out missing as I sat listening

Morning.

Lyrics - Well, my soul checked out missing as I sat listening

Sorry to hear that you had a bad day Wabo. I hope that you have a good weekend and enjoy the race today.

Thoughts are with Els and OH. I hope Els is recovering well and that the kidney stones are quiet.

Our forecast isn't too bad for today - a high of 23C - but you wouldn't think it was going to be a nice day at the minute, it's decidedly grey out. My knee is still unhappy coming downstairs or going from sit to stand but I'm hoping it will feel ok enough after Sammy's walk for me to have a short run. I need it with the afternoon stuck in front of the computer.

What:            hopefully a few easy miles
Why:             stress management
Last hard:     rehabbing my knees is proving hard
Last rest:      6/6
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics:no

Yesterday's lyrics were "Here, There and Everywhere", Emmylou Harris.

Hope you have a better day today, Wabo. Enjoy the "race". 

Forecast is decent here, LMH, but like you, you wouldn't think so at the moment. 

What: stretches plus an easy half hour

Why: needs must, and easier week. Need to wake up first! 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning lmh, hope you can have a nice run
    Hope els and oh ok indeed
    My brother just older than me went into hospital yesterday with chronic noise bleeds, cauterised twice. And all day all I knew was they'd taken him by ambulance and didn't hear anything more till 4pm hence bad day. Not nice I was so worried about him he's had a terrible time lately. High BP, high cholesterol and sugars all through the roof. He's home now! Phew. 
    What fell race  with buddy
    Why fun
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Hope not intruding, not been on RW forums for years! Just checking in to say thanks for all the good wishes for me and Peter and for LMH's card. Doing really well (I think), increasing walk distance daily and off all medication from tomorrow (no more 2am and 6am drugs, yay!). Peter still got stone trouble but last couple of days been a little better.
    No idea of the lyrics today though I did get yesterday's (Think Ale more of my era)
    Making bread and pancakes and then a coastal walk . Returned to the scene of the crime so to speak yesterday so got that over with!
    Have a good day all!

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Great to hear from you, Els! And all sounds good with you! Hope Peter is improving also! Onwards and upwards!

Just back from my half an hour, most of which you, Peter and I ran a few years ago!

What: gentle 31 minutes, preceded by stretches.

Why: enough for today. The first and last ks were slow, the middle ones were quicker than intended.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning all.

Glad to hear you and Peter are getting better els and yay for no more middle of the night meds!

What: 15km
    Why: slowly increasing
    Last hard: that was though I did a negative split. Way hotter than expected and had a bad night
    Lyrics: nope

Hope knees held up lmh
    Wabo horrible about your brother. Hope he's ok.

Hopefully having a fryup to refuel and a walk to town for cake maybe later

Have a lovely day all.
  • Lovely of you to pop in Els and great to hear that you are making such good progress. Don't be a stranger eh?

Glad to hear that your brother is home Wabo.

I have had a bad couple of nights emzap - makes everything harder so you did well to increase the length of your run especially with the unexpected warmth. It brightened and warmed up nicely here too.

Did you get good weather for your run Alehouse?

I was very sensible and kept my run short it being my first time running seven days in a row for months. Hoping everything works so that I can run again tomorrow.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Els lovely to see you! Glad all is improving 
    What a Run this morning!!

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Looks tough to me, Wabo! Well done!

Weather was fine, and has remained so, LMH! Thunderstorms forecast though!

You're ahead of me Emz!

If I am right, not seen Hazel for a few days. Hope all is well.

And hope Chamolk is ticking over.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Yes where is hazel? I thought of her today with all those hills
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Wabo that looks tough!

• My idea of hell Wabo!

It's been mostly nice here today Alehouse but hasn't felt as warm as forecast. We had the threat of a thunderstorm but it just ended up being a short lived rain shower, heavy spots of rain but not many if that makes sense.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    How lovely of you to pop in, Els. Glad to see you and good to know you're recovering well.

Blimey wabo, that does look tough. Sorry to hear about your brother. Hope he's ok now.

15k, em. Wow. Well done you :+1:

7 days in a row is brilliant, LMH.

Maybe Hazel is off paragliding ;)

Thunderstorms here all day. So much for summer.

I was brave enough to peel the plaster off my foot today. Scar is healing fine. The toe is still a bit swollen but that was to be expected after such a massive trauma. When they cut a tumour from the 2nd joint of my index finger it took months for the swelling to go down. Most people seem to have issues with the whole foot and even the leg ballooning so I'm lucky I guess. Of course I'm getting restless now :)

30mins of exercises done.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all
    Wabo, good to hear bro home safely and looks a great run route.
    Great to see Els pop in, and glad to hear you're both on the mend.
    Chick - thanks for the update, no need to send photos ;-)
    Emz - smashing run today!

What - 7 miles easy through the woods this morning, just shy of 7 mile walk this afternoon (with Mrs D)
    Why - stretch the legs, stretch the legs
    Last rest - 8 days
    Last hard - realising I'm still not 100% physically so need to be sensible and adjust accordingly
    or as Mrs D put it "you're not young anymore". Doesn't stop me trying....

• chicksta - if you're allowed to then massaging the toe might help to dissipate some of the swelling. My last few rest days have been precautionary - I guess I'll find out in the next few days whether I can actually get away with running more often.

Nice miles today Dustin - and you're a mere youngster :-)
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Evening..

Sorry, was MIA the last couple of days with life, work and running mojo issues.. Have these phases sometimes but feeling a bit better this evening.

Shame about your holidays Dustin but fully understand the cancellation. Good if you haven't lost out financially. 

Nice to see Elspeth, who I think I haven't met before on here. By chance I was reading some posts by you on an old thread yesterday. All the best for you and Peter.

Nasty regarding your brother Wabo, must have been worrying. That elevation chart looks fun!

Well done on the 15k emzap and fry up and cake a well deserved reward.

Sorry about the knee playing up LMH but well done on the 7 days in a row.

Good to see the stretching going on Ale. Nice you've met people from here in the past.

Great progress on the foot chicksta. Not far off half way through the post op phase already.

What: 14k GAish pre breakfast
    Why:  pre housework, pre windy and thundery weather
    Last hard: accepting that a crap running focused outing on BH Thursday isn't a big thing. Really should plan other things, get out and live life as much as is currently possible. No paragliding at the mo - source of more stress, canopy needs checking and I also need a new emergency parachute
    Last rest: 30.03

Lyrics: no

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Good to see you hazel and hope things improve soon. Think everyone is finding these times difficult and we are all here to support when needed. Fingers crossed you are on the up now. Sending hugs.