Sunday 14th June 2020 - Everywhere I go

Morning.

Lyrics - Everywhere I go

I see a face we used to know

Good to see you Hazel. As emzap said I think we're all having these periods of upset/unrest, hopefully they don't last for long and you are now out the other side. Wintry weather doesn't sound as though it would help especially with the running mojo.

Another nice day forecast here though the chance of thunderstorms early afternoon. My knee feels a bit better this morning though it wasn't interfering with running I'm still glad as it was giving me some swear out loud moments.

What:           not as many easy miles as I'd like
Why:            knees aren't up to it
Last hard:    might be people dodging today
Last rest:     6/6

Yesterday's lyrics - Better Days by Bruce Springsteen.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning,

Sorry I have been AWOL and I miss Bruce lyrics yesterday!!

I am running a virtual 95 miles in 10 days across the West Highland way today is day 3 and guess who is also doing it but Donald and all seems to be fine with him.

Achilles is playing up but that was after 600ft climbing in 4 miles on Thursday.

What some miles
    Why: Because I can and need miles every day
    Last hard:Achilles
    Lyrics:Nope

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Thanks LMH and emzap.

Watch out for thoose thunderstorms LMH, ours yesterday afternoon was quite impressive though less rain and wind than expected and no hail.

Virtual WHW sounds fun WP, quite a bit of mileage too. Please let us know where you are up to every now and then (walked most of it)

Have a nice Sunday all.

What: some sort of MLR a bit later (distance, pacing not yet decided)
    Why: longer run this week still outstanding
    Last rest: 30.03

Lyrics: possibly
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: around half an hour plus stretches

Why: easy week

Back later. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    I thought the paragliding comment was a joke, blimey hazel!!!
    Thought you'd like those hills, it is an official fell race and I did love it. Want to do it again on a couple of days
    Feeling odd today, I really think I'm getting institutionalised to this way if life and if I didn't run, well I'd be in a funny way!! 
    Lmh hope the miles are nice
    Poppy great challenge wow!! 
    Hazel enjoy the mlr
    Chick glad you're not suffering the usual swelling from your toe

What 5 xctry miles with running mate
    Why loosen the legs and feet our miles in
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: walk to worcester for coffee
    Why: meeting a friend and walking from her house whilst the men and babies social distance in the garden
    Last hard: that run yesterday, though my legs are feeling fine after my walks yesterday
    Lyrics: thought I did from the title but when I saw the rest is not what I thought :)

Wabo you're the second person to say that about becoming used to this way of life. How is everyone today?

Oh and els hope you're both still recovering.

Chick, hope your foot is still looking good. You're doing so much s&c

Hazel hope you feel a bit better this morning

Poppy that run sounds great, keep us posted please.

Have a lovely day all
  • Wabo - I think I'd be more than a bit funny without the running at the best of times never mind now!

Enjoy the walk somewhere different with company emzap. I'm just back from a lovely long walk with Sammy, it was so still and peaceful, strangely very few people about at this time on a Sunday morning :-) Now waiting for my bread to finish (in the machine) and trying to decide where to run to preserve the sense of peace as the good weather is bound to mean lots of people out and about as the day progresses.

Hazel - the pace doesn't matter, enjoy the miles.

I really should have an easier week too Alehouse but I'm not good at it.

Careful with your achilles Poppy.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

The week ended up being only a little easier, LMH, well in terms of distance anyway. Just over 49 km done, compared with last week's total of 51.4, but it was deliberately run more slowly. And no real MLR. Hope your run was enjoyable. 

Enjoy the MLR, Hazel

Glad the legs aren't suffering too much from yesterday, Emz.

Yes, Wabo, don't know what I would be like without my run! Hope your legs are suffering a little after yesterday: if not you didn't run hard enough!

Stretches d&d before the run.

Hope RFJ is ok and pops in soon. And Chamolk.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Good to see you, Hazel and sorry you were having a bit of a rough time.

Em: s&c is my running at the mo. I'd go nuts of I did nothing :) It'll do me good when I return to running or so I keep telling myself.

Poppy: just as I thought about reporting you missing :)  glad you're ok. Nice challenge. Good to hear Donaldo is alive and well.

Wabo: Hazel is our resident stunt girl ;) Hope the run made you feel better and you feel less odd now.

Nice miles, ale.

Sounds like a lovely walk, LMH. Hope your run was equally peaceful.

Dustin: Sure you don't want to see a scar pic ;) ?

45 min of s&c done. A grey and damp day. The heat we were promised never materialised.

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Chick now I really want to see a scar pic! Reminds me, I need to do some glute work.

Lovely walk with friend then sat in their garden.  Lucas kept trying to crawl to his friend and she kept trying to crawl to Lucas. It was heartbreaking having to stop them!
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Ha!  I knew as soon as met Poppy on Twitter, we'd be back here to say hi - so a big HI! to all 😀😀 I hope everyone is doing great.

As mentioned, Poppy and I are doing the Virtual West Highland Way and the challenge has really motivated me.  I've been training fairly well but a bit sluggish at times, eating too much rubbish during lockdown.  However, since signing up to cover the 95 miles, I put in 2 X 8 miles on Friday, both around 61 mins, 13 miles yesterday with a 20:35 last 5K effort and then 20 miles this morning in 2:35.  So all is pretty much ok right enough!  I'm doing as many virtual races as I can and I have my own wee group who do a weekly 5K and I give everyone handicaps, helps keep folk connected which is nice.  

Will catch up with you all over the coming days.

Lyrics, nope. 
  • Nice to see you Donaldo.

The s&c you are doing now has to help when you get back to running chicksta.

Aww, poor Lucas and friend - you can't exactly explain it to them.

Too many people out when I was running. Hopefully it will be better in the week with more people returning to work.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Good to see you Don! You seem to be going well! Shame you can't take advantage of the new age group! A strange year! I imagine work has been somewhat unusual!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    My legs are suitably aching alehouse!! 
    5 done in the forest today so that's 33+ miles for the week
    Glad it's not just me with this wierd Life
  • It's definitely not just you Wabo.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Definitely not wabo.

Hi Don, good to see you!

Just made the most amazing cinnamon rolls (though more splodge than rolls). Dustin made me think of you! 
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Im Here Ale :-)

Sorry, not been on a lot... still plodding and push the miles out at 25-28 a week, but right leg dragging a lot as seen in trainer wear....(taken all the rubber off the toe box on right foot after 200 miles....

Back to occ health again tomorrow so will see what that brings, but expecting the redeployment pool....

Take care
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Weird!!! 
    Shock I spelt it wrong
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Hi donaldo nice to see you!!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Googled lyrics cos they've been bugging me!!
    I should have known them