Monday 15th June 2020 - Please take me away

Morning.

Lyrics - Please take me away

Far from this place

Good to hear that you're still running RFJ. I hope you have a positive meeting with Occ Health - who knows what new and interesting direction a redeployment could take you.

I keep fancying cinnamon rolls emzap and I've found a gf recipe but it's quite faffy and I'm worried about wasting ingredients I can't get at the minute. How I long for a return to being able to go to the shops when I want and get what I want/need :-(

Hope Els and OH are continuing to recover.

It's a grey and damp start to the day here. We had some thunderstorms and some very heavy rain go through yesterday afternoon/evening and more forecast today and tomorrow though this morning should just be grey if the Met Office are correct and not bad for running.

What:            easy miles
Why:             trying to hold on to some semblance of sanity
Last hard:     sleeping - wide awake at 0400hrs yesterday and today
Last rest:      6/6

Yesterday's lyrics - Sunshine After The Rain by Elkie Brooks.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning
    Lmh yesterday's song was my go to album when I was trying to settle Jodie as a baby. Poor kid I used to sing all those songs 🤣🤣
    Hope we do indeed hold on to our sanity.
    Have a nice run lmh
    What something but not sure
    Why no direction today
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Not sure I'm going to be able to run - had a flying Sammy (though fortunately not at full pelt) run into the back of my knee on our walk this morning :-(

Wabo - I think a nice three miles easy after your couple of harder days would be a good idea.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: legs will decide!

Why: running to feel

LMH: not had any rain here for days, although some was forecast. May be some this pm.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    good shout LMH, I do have an errand to do so I will use that.
    Alehouse, hope you feel good to run!

• WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning,

LMH: sorry to hear about Sammy injury to knee:-(

Wabo: 3 miles sounds perfect to me;-)

What: a few miles
    Why: WHW
    Last hard: Achilles
    Last rest 1/6
    Lyrics: Yes

Achilles is very grumpy and after half a mile knew I had to stop so came home and went walking for 7.5 miles to make 8 miles for day and reach check point 1.Rowardennan to Inversnaid.I am hoping it will welcome the rest from running today and want to run tomorrow.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    WP - sorry to hear about the grumbly achilles but good luck with the WHW, you too Don, and thaks for popping in. Sluggish times too, what have you been eating ;-)
    Only kidding, I'd love those times at the moment...
    LMH - hope the Sammy incident doesn't curtail running too much
    OH/Els - recovery going well I trust?
    RFJ - good to see you , hope the appointment goes well
    Wabo - take it easy today!

What - easy short run & S&C
    Why - tired & achey 
    last rest - 05/06
    last hard - yesterday - did around 8 miles but was just so muggy that I aborted a planned 2hrs 

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    LMH, thats bad luck re sammy and your knee, hope not too much damage
    Hearing the good advice I will take it easy today
    poppy, hope that achilles behaves!
    Dustin, you take care
  • Beautiful day here, bit of a fraud on a running forum just now! We are doing good, Peter still sore a lot but another lithotripsy trip to Aberdeen Wed/Thurs. I am feeling well and now off all meds. 6 mile walk including lots of fence climbing yesterday.
    Hope all of you are well and any injuries not too limiting.
    We had sourdough cinnamon buns the other day - daughter's bake and can recommend! Also I made rhubarb raspberry and orange cake with home grown rhubarb and last year's rasps and friend's eggs, tasty!
    Hazel, that must have been v old post, not been on RW forums since Scottish Runners Thread petered out years ago.
    Lyrics - no idea, I can only get Ale's so far.
    Plans walk to Rerwick head after lunch in garden sounds good.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Hope you were able to run, LMH!

Yes, sounds like an easy day would be good, Wabo! You too, Dustin!

Stretch that Achilles, WP!

Hope all goes well today, RFJ! Are you doing lots of balance/yoga/Pilates work?

Wonder how far you get today, Don

Can't remember what happens next foot-wise, Chick!

Trust all is well, Hazel. Meant to say that I have met a few on here: Donaldo, LMH, OH/Els and sometimes meet up with some on StevieG's thread when I go to Hyde Park for the last Friday of the Month 5k. Don't know when the next one will be of course. Have been at the same National Cross Country as Dustin...but we missed one another! Also sometimes see a few who used to post on here: ChickBRHilly

What: 15k, largely off road

Why: long run...and again the longest for years. The last 5 weeks have gone 11, 12, 13, 14, 15. Progressive consistent consistency? Not sure if today wasn't a bit further: Garmin kept losing signal through various woods. Usually it seems to get back on track but not sure that it did today.  
    Easy day tomorrow.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Good going Alehouse. Amazing amount of rain here yesterday and the chance of more thunderstorms this afternoon.

Els - you don't need to be running in to join in with us.  Good to hear that progress continues but sorry that Peter needs to go for another lithotripsy. I hope it solves the problem for good this time. Sounds as though you're keeping fitness up with your walking and spirits up with the baking! Is it H you have at home?

Sorry to hear your achilles is grumpy Poppy. Nice walking though.

Wabo - hope the easy three works for you.

Hope conditions are better for you today Dustin.

My knee wasn't great walking but after some magic cream it was happy to run fortunately.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Cross-post with Els. Sorry to hear that OH is having to visit Aberdeen again. Hope it gets sorted this time!

Meant to say, lots of evidence of "gatherings" on my run: lot of litter, mainly cans and bottles. And that's without going anywhere near the two big "raves": they reckon 4000 at one and 2000 at another not too far from here. I simply can't believe it/when will they ever learn etc etc.
  • 2nd run for June (gently up the hill)
    Back for a walk then lunch in garden.
    Lyrics no
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Looks like lovely weather, OH. Sorry to hear you have to back to hospital but glad that Els is off her meds :+1:  and +1 for what LMH said. I'm not running either at the mo after a foot op but very happy to join in the banter :) the more, the merrier.

Ouch, LMH and ouch, poppy. Glad you managed some running/walking nevertheless.

I love anything with cinnamon in it and all the goodies mentioned on here sound lush.

Cake makes me think of Dustin and Dustin makes me think of the Virtual Hoppit which my friend Lisa did today in 4:41(all on trails).

Shocking behaviour, ale. Unfortunately we have similar issues here with party-hungry folk not abiding by the rules.

Good to see you Donaldo and RFJ. Keep coming back.

Trust all is well, Hazel. Meant to say that I have met a few on here: Donaldo, LMH, OH/Els and sometimes meet up with some on StevieG's thread when I go to Hyde Park for the last Friday of the Month 5k. Don't know when the next one will be of course. Have been at the same National Cross Country as Dustin...but we missed one another! Also sometimes see a few who used to post on here: ChickBRHilly.

I'm posting regularly, ale :)

Next date with my surgeon is July 10. If the x-rays show that the bones have fused the post-op shoe comes off and I can start with non-impact training. And we'll decide when we'll do the other foot.

30 mins of s&c done.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Sorry Chick, auto correct corrected Clink to Chick! 
    And thanks for the foot schedule!
  • It looks as though your weather was better than ours OH though it brightened up for a bit this afternoon.

I bet the 10th July feels like a long way away at the minute chicksta but we'll soon be there.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Thanks all,

got to go back to Doc tomorrow and get signed off work for a time, not going down redeploymemt route yet....

3.84m done....

Just stretches at present Ale...

Take care all
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Evening

Lively on here at the moment which is nice!

Love the pics OH, especially the wonky cap (usually guilty of such myself) - look at that nice sunny weather everyone. Good luck for the procedure this week and that it does the job this time. Interesting looking t-shirt - is it from a running event?

Lucky no real damage to the knee LMH, friend of my MIL had that happen and ended up with torn ligaments.

Will pass on the cinnamon buns emzap but would certainly try a slice of that cake Els. It was the wannabe ultra runner thread - was bored and looking for a read.

Sorry about the achilles WP, hope the walk helped to ease it a bit. 

Good idea to combine a run with an errand Wabo.

Great long run Ale. Does look like progress. I think I ran past chicksta in the final stages of Berlin marathon 2018 and have talked to a clubmate of Jooligan, who posts on various threads here, at a race in Switzerland but that is it. Haven't raced in the UK since I was 18 and came last but one in an XC.  Awful regarding the raves. Quite a lot of bad air here too regarding the careless behaviour of primarily younger generations regarding demos and events.

Good idea to bin the 2 hours if you weren't feeling up to the conditions Dustin.

Nice to see Don (those runs don't sound sluggish) and RFJ (well done for keeping up the running and I hope the appointment went well today.

What is your overall feeling regarding the 2nd foot Chicksta? Wait a bit or get it done sooner and only do the full fitness rebuild once?

What: recovery miles
    Why: Monday, leg loosener after yesterday's long run
    Last hard: Monday..
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no, but yes please.. hmm thinking of the WHW how about somewhere in the middle of Rannoch moor? Probably a few too many midges though.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Hello all, a good day of running and baking - or, at least, dreams of baking. 

I hoped for 14 today but was rescued by my wife at 9.5 miles, no problem other than just running out of gas.  That's still 58.5 in 4 days, more than ever ever ever!  I never tried anything like this when ultra training so I am now thinking again about doing another one at some point, with more realistic expectations. 

Lyrics are ringing a gentle bell but I can't get it.