alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics:  the little things you say and do
Make me want to be with you-ah-ou

What: half an hour easy plus stretches

Why: ran long yesterday

Much busier on here yesterday! Good! 

Saw lots of photos of the raves near here: one was in a local beauty spot, which it currently isn't: never seen so much litter! 

Not a good night's sleep! Off to get some more, I hope!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - In Limbo by Genesis.

DI couldn't go back to bed at that time Alehouse but I hope you got some more sleep.

I hope you're ok with that result RFJ.

You need to keep the miles easy when you're building volume like that Donaldo.

Same happened to a friend of mine Hazel - I was fortunate that it was a glancing blow. Are you still thinking about entering the race?

My knee is a little swollen and stiff this morning but I'm hoping it will loosen up when I was Sammy and allow a few easy miles.

What:           easy miles
    Why:            sanity
    Last hard:    enduring
    Last rest:     6/6

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning,

Chick: good luck with the foot:-)

What: walking
    Why: Achilles
    Last hard: See above
    Lyrics Yes

Looks like another walking day as Achilles is not happy so will play by ear if I make checkpoint two on Thursday night.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Quite some miles in just a few days Don.

Hope you have got in some more zzzz Ale. Bloody litterers!

Thinking yes LMH, not done anything about it yet.  I have at least cancelled Hamburg now (postponed to Sept and not finally called off yet). Hope Sammy is more careful today.

Have a nice walk despite the achilles WP.

What: group run this evening
    Why: Tuesday
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: very familiar but as usual no.
  • Hope your achilles settles quickly Poppy.

No accidents on this morning's walk thankfully Hazel. Enjoy the run with company.

I think my knee would allow a run but I don't think it's the most sensible option and it would be as much for miles in the training diary as any useful purpose and might mean more days off. The weather is ok for cycling and Mark has the day off so difficult as it is I'm not going to run today.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning All
    Don - crazy miles!
    Chick - well done to your friend Lisa, decent time given the current situation. We had a Lisa post on the hoppit facebook community page yesterday, surname began with W, if that's her, she's not that far from me.
    OH - nice pics

What - short and easy
    Why - not over doing it
    last rest - yesterday in the end. Work busy and then had to help the gas engineer remove a blackbird out the chimney ...walked a few miles , managed to dodge the rain (that never came)
    last hard - most of them but I think we all feel like that at the moment...

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Dustin: yep, that's my Lisa :) whoa, that's some dangerous looking clouds.

Sounds like a sensible option, LMH. Enjoy your bike ride.

Hazel: I think you rather flew past me in that race :smiley:  Regarding the other foot I'd like to get it over and done with asap so that I can start running from scratch but with two working feet if that makes sense. But I will listen to my surgeon's advice. If he says the right one has to heal for another few months then I'll have to accept that.
    I'm pretty sure Hamburg gets cancelled, so I would have made the same decision.

Don: excellent mileage.

RFJ: Sorry to hear you need to be signed off work.

Poppy: enjoy the walk.

45 mins of s&c done

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Managed another hour or so zzz.

What: 30 minutes of stretches and then 30 minutes run, as planned

Why: good question. The forecast said that it wouldn't rain until 11, so I set off in plenty of time. Put a "light rain" jacket around my waist just in case and had only gone a couple of hundred metres before I put it on, just in case. By half a kilometre Dustin's heavens had opened. It got heavier and heavier as I splashed through puddle after puddle; in fact by the end it was just one big puddle! Couldn't possibly have got any wetter (an old man on his boat said he couldn't give me a lift as there was only one of me!); afterwards had a shower that was less wet!

Glad I didn't get that weather on yesterday's run; and it has now stopped of course. 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • I'd feel the same about getting the other foot done chicksta - I hope your surgeon agrees.

It's been beautiful here today Alehouse.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Torrential again!
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Take it easy Poppy, don't make it worse, these virtual races are great fun but not worth a serious problem. 

I woke up and headed out for the 4.5 miles I quit on yesterday.  That went fine. 

The club session of choice this week is a reverse pyramid.  Reps of 54321 then 12345 with 1 min between reps and as long as you like between the down and the up.  What should I do?  The session or some miles?  Got them both done, did the session at a decent pace but not fast as part of a 12 mile run, taking me to 75 miles in 5 days.  Loving this.  My goal is to finish in 7 days and for every run to have less than 8 minute miles.  Still on track!  Guzzling calories is great after all the miles too.

Lyrics. Nope!