Wednesday 17th June 2020 Where have all the flowers gone?

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: Where have all the flowers gone?

Yesterday's were "Rave On", Buddy Holly.

Hope all goes well in Aberdeen, OH

Going well, Don!

Achilles, WP?

What: will see what the legs say...and the weather

Why: running to feel/want to stay dry!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

Hope it's not too stressful a trip and they sort the problem this time OH.

Nice miles and pace Donaldo - you're on fire.

Grey and misty but more or less dry here at the moment Alehouse - more thunderstorms forecast for this afternoon though.

What:         hopefully some easy miles
    Why:          sanity
    Last hard:  sleeping
    Last rest:   16/6

Lyrics - possibly.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Where is everyone?
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    I'm here, LMH

What: 30 minutes including 2 x 1k harder than usual on an undulating section (out and back)

Why: was not happy! Waited two hours for a telephone consultation re osteoporosis only to find out when I eventually got through that it had been cancelled and they will be sending out a letter to that effect! Typically I then had a message that they had tried to phone whilst I was out running, so I phoned back and still had the consultation. Discovered that they disagreed with pretty well all the advice of the spinal consultant. Come back in twelve months unless there is a problem.

Bright and sunny when I ran; clouding over rapidly now.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    goodness me yesterdays lyrics!! Of course!
    Todays yes
    alehouse what a nuisance! Glad you did speak to them in the end though - that's good right?
    what weather we are having today! LMH hope you got some easy miles
    Chick meant to say it makes good sense to get the other foot done and not wait
    Poppy hope your aches are ok

been stretching like a demon, or an alehouse..

WHat: 6 miles inc the fell run again
    why: doing dustins club marathon over the next 4 days and love the fell run
    last hard: that was for sure
    last rest: 31/12/16
    have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • That is frustrating Alehouse. How do you feel about the conflicting advice?

You are a sucker for punishment Wabo! My knees weren't very happy today and my back even less so (a consequence of yesterday's bike ride I'm afraid) but it was good to be out and the grey mist meant that I didn't encounter many people which is good.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    I'm also here :) Been busy with work. No news there. 

Enjoy, wabo. Sounds like a nice change of running environment. Wish I could run. I'd have loved to do a virtual hoppit myself :)  saw a few runners in our road today and had a mild case of run envy...

I really hope he does my other foot asap but it all depends on the healing process and if the operated foot is OK to assume full load. I have to retrain everything as right now I'm rolling over the outside of the foot to avoid any toe pain. It'll be an interesting journey. 

Glad you managed a run, LMH. Hope the knees and back settle. 

Boom, Donaldo. That is truly impressive mileage. Amazing pace too. 

Very annoying, ale. But good you managed to get that consultation nevertheless. Sorry you copped a soaking yesterday. 

30 mins of s&c. It was such a beautiful morning I did it in the garden listening to our little fountain murmuring peacefully. Nice :)
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

All sounds good, Wabo! Hope you don't have to hoppit though! And I must remember to stretch a little more (only did a short session this morning thanks to the non-phone call!).

Yes, Chick, I imagine that it is important that you get the operated foot working properly, taking full weight before the other side is done.

I have to say I am still annoyed by the phone call...We got onto the subject of vitamin D. I told the nurse that I had been advised by Professor X, one of the GB team doctors (who happens to be the guy that I saw about my back fractures) that athletes are advised to take a supplement in the winter months. "But you are not an athlete. There are no athletes of your age. You should not be taking a supplement." 
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Afternoon.

Also work busy until now.

Annoying indeed Ale regarding the appointment and that is a cheeky statement from the nurse!

Sounds sensible regarding the foot chicksta. Nice you could do the s&c outside, you would have got a cool soaking here.

Thoughts are with OH and fingers crossed.

Also thought of Dustin yesterday whilst out running due to a similar black cloud not far away. Fortunately stayed put.

Nice fell running wabo, well done.

Very impressive regarding pace and mileage combo Don.

Good you were able to run nonetheless LMH and it was fairly quiet.

What: some sort of speedwork  probably 3 x 10 minutes hard
    Why: stop myself getting too one paced
    Current hard: getting out of the door to do that (mojo). Will be fine probably once I get going
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: vague idea of some more of the text and the tune
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all
    Sorry - hectic here work wise too, online from 6 and the scheduled meeting with Sydney postponed until tomorrow grrrrrr
    Ale - I had to laugh, did you put the nurse straight..."but I AM an athlete..." sorry to hear about your drenching...
    Wabo - good luck on the fells
    LMH - hope you managed to squeeze a few miles in
    Hazel - sounds a good set.
    Don - impressive, although the coach in me is asking what the benefit of doing them all sub 8 is.... ;-)

What - a few easy miles, I fear I may get wet, been torrential for the last half hour and the thunder has just started. 
    Why - ticking the box. 
    Last rest - Monday
    Last hard - yesterday only for the mugginess, 7 miles done though

• We are in the middle of a thunderstorm with very heavy rain Dustin - hope you don't get caught in similar.

Cheeky Alehouse.

Getting out of the door is often the hardest part I find Hazel.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    The cheek of them, Ale. To quote my gynaecologist: I've yet to see an inhabitant of the northern hemisphere that is not vitamin D deficient in winter.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Agree with LMH, Hazel. Once out there I've never regretted going. Whereas I've been cross with myself many times for wimping out or let the cnba fairy get the better of me.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Yep, I think some of this 'do I really want to go out there and do this' is necessary psyching myself up to run hard, if I go out overly relaxed I don't run as well.

Anyway: 3 x 10 mins with 4 min recoveries covering 9k in the 42 mins. 10 min splits: 2.30k, 2.36k, 2.31k so somewhere between LT and 10k pace.

Precipitation update: Shower with a nice rainbow just observed out of the window.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Well done Hazel! Excellent session! And I get the psyching up feeling.

Hope you stayed dry, Dustin! 

And thanks for the quotation, Chick!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Nice one hazel
    Alehouse football is back 🤗, what a nerve that nurse had!!!!
    Chick I've read that about vitamin d 
    Lmh bike riding can be a so and so for back and neck for me! 
    Talking of bikes, Cleo rides now and as soon as we get a dry day I'll take her to a good park with rides all the way round so she can have a good ride
    Dustin fell run done again, 6 miles towards my marathon
    I did actually go wrong today but didn't miss any up hills and only cut it short by .1 of a mile. Going back Friday, this will be a regular

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Sorry I misses yesterday but:

Achilles is starting to settle down again.

What 4.5 miles run
    Why: Because Achilles allowed it.
    Last hard: Achilles
    Lyrics: yes

I dare not push it any more and that was hard work bathed in sweat at 6.30!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression