Why can't resist
Last hard yesterday
Last rest 31/12/16
Have a good Sunday all
possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 

Comments

• Morning.

I've flagged the above post.

Hope you got some more sleep Wabo. Glad you had a good time. Enjoy the fell run - you're going to get good at them with all this practise!

What a lovely spread Els.

We have had a lot of rain since the early hours but I think (hope) it's gone through now - thunderstorms forecast for this afternoon though. I'm looking forward to the mini heatwave - looks as though we are going to get four days of good weather if the Met are correct.

What:           short and easy
    Why:            tired
    Last hard:    sleeping
    Last rest:     16/6

Lyrics - no, but i think I should.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were "Snooker Loopy", by Spurs' supporters Chas and Dave and featuring The Matchroom Boys, who were a group of snooker players, including Willie Thorne, who sadly passed away last week. He was 2 months younger than me. I first met him when we were about 15 or 16 at a snooker hall about 100 metres from my school. He was taking on the area's best even then and beating them so it was no surprise when he rose up the professional ranks. At one point he opened his own snooker hall below the offices where my mother worked and they somehow discovered that they shared the same birthday (as does Donaldo!). Cake was involved! 

What: probably around half an hour easy plus stretches

Why: easy few days; knees in particular feel battered!

Will be waiting until it stops raining.

So a marathon a week, plus a 5k plus a fell race, Wabo? Sounds fun!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    You're running so well at the moment, wabo. Love the idea to improve your time.

Els/OH: I think I want to come and visit you ;)

Be careful with those knees, ale.

LMH: Lovely weather here so I hope it's coming your way soon.

I flagged that post too.

We need 2 more to make it disappear >:)

Another hour of s&c done earlier.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    well flagged, I will flag it too
    alehouse I love the story of the link, I guessed chas and dave of course, but the willie thorn story was great.  I used to love watching snooker back in his days - have a good half hour
    chicksta it is amazing what you can get on and do when you aren't working though.  I will leave the marathon idea this week and have a stab the first week of july.  I loved it and it was doable.  great strength work from you!!
    LMH I did get back to sleep, just the usual hot sweats waking me! Enjoy the easy

Just back from the fell run again, we took it really really slow due to the wet and sticky descents.  Another 5 miles under my belt and the highest week's mileage I can remember for some time, neary 39 miles!!
    I have fed and watered myself (oh doing exams online upstairs) so I am now going to have a clear up upstairs quietly, due to plans for changing bedrooms for more space!
    Have a lovely day all

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    boom it has gone!

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Well done on the fell run and weekly miles, Wabo! Shame you are not working though to poke fun at the Gooner and Hammers fans! Not that you would!

6k d&d but was very much going through the motions. Bumped into my consultant friend and family, and despite what the nurse said the other day he said he is absolutely positive that I should be taking vitamin D from mid September to March. From equinox to equinox he said. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • I take Vit D for about that period Alehouse - in fact the NHS recommend it for everyone in the autumn and winter.

chicksta - you would love to stay with OH and Els, they live in a beautiful place and Els is a great baker - OH isn't bad either!

It's lovely to hear you enjoying your running so much Wabo.

I really enjoyed my run and had to have a word with myself not to go further as it just got better as it went on. Hoping to increase the distance of my long run this week though so need to be careful.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Afternoon.

Ah those sorts of balls Ale. Didn't think of that though I do watch some snooker.  Only in more recent years though, but WT is a familiar name.  Are the any potential negative aspects to taking vit D?

OH will need to build an extension to house the future forum visitors. Must be careful not to time my visits with Dustin's knowing how keen he is on cake.

Bet you are looking forward to the heat LMH.

Well done on the mileage Wabo, you seem full of energy at the moment.

Must be quite an s&c streak chicksta.

What: plan was another 16 miler with a few miles with harder effort (P&D MP + 10% style). Reality was 10 miles with 2 faster, then a sit down in the shade for a few mins and 5 and a bit run-walk.
    Why: too warm/humid because out far too late, poor sleep, not enough food.
    Last idiot: yours truly. Actually, was happy with how I got home, r-w gets you over a distance without too much effort.
    Last hard: above
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • I am Hazel though unfortunately I shall be stuck in front of a computer for too much of the time, it's only forecast to be short lived. Well recovered, hope you are re-hydrating and refuelling well. Cornflake tart here today courtesy of MiL and I baked a chocolate and marzipan loaf cake which will have to wait until tomorrow now.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Well toughed out, Hazel! re Vitamin D, I understand that it can help create too much calcium which is not good for people with osteoporosis. Consultant friend felt there was a very low risk of this. Wonder what OH or perhaps Emz think. 

LMH: decent run! My friend this morning said at least 80% of people in this country are vitamin D deficient across the winter months.