Wednesday 24th June 2020 Oh, they took away the love inside me

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: Oh, they took away the love inside me
That memory will always ride me

What: probably just a short run/stretches

Why: recovery day

Wabo will be happier football-wise than I am!

So a lot more freedom in England; I, for one, won't be taking advantage of this for a good while. 
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Hope Has A Place by Enya.

Alehouse - everyone seems to think it's started already and it's only going to get worse. There is nothing that we're going to be allowed to do that I'm going to be rushing to participate in either.

Els - most of us post when injured and unable to run, it's nice to hear how people are doing and what they are up to. The jam sounds lovely - you know it's one of my favourites. How is Peter doing? I hope he is recovering well too.

It's lovely here this morning - already too hot for most - I think I shall be wearing my ultra vest despite not running ultra miles this morning.

What:           easy miles/physio
    Why:            sanity/I need straightening up and sorting out
    Last hard:    rehabbing my knees
    Last rest:     16/6

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning,

Different for us in Wales as still in lockdown until 6th July and I am grateful for the cautious approach.But 2 meat processing plants have had out break Anglsey and Merthyr and I see similar in Germany! They are thinking to put the two places in lockdown to hault the outbreak.

Els:Jam sounds delicious but do keep raining the bar till we all can visit for tea and cake;-)

Chick: Are you back in lockdown? news is sketchy.

What: 5 miles
    Why: Achilles said yes
    Last hard: Achilles
    Lyrics: Yes

I had more power in legs on the uphills and pain down graded to a 5-progress is made:-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Busy day as daughter off on boat tonight. Gonna meet her for a walk shortly then another retiree from work coming by for coffee.
    Can't even get ales lyrics today!
    Jam is easy...secret ingredient grated ginger root and chopped stem ginger. 
    We are on stage 2 of easing lockdown...still travel only 5 miles ish for exercise but can meet up out doors with up to 8 folk if they are not from too many households. Small shops may open 29th. 
    Peter seems a bit less uncomfortable than before but wasn't great for first 24hr post hospital. Big question is has peaky stone broken up at all? 
    Sunny and mild but is v changeable...have a good day all!
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Wow, that jam sounds right up my strasse, els. I love everything rhubarb :) And the ginger will add a spicy note. Will deffo try it. Isn't there a cut-off date by when you should no longer use rhubarb though? I thought it was about now. Something to do with a specific acid. I can't quite remember exactly. 

Sorry to here that Peter is still suffering. That is one stubborn piece of stone.

Glad you're better, poppy. No new lock-down here. There is this horrid meat factory where 1000+ infections were counted. This is due to questionable accommodation of their work force. So restrictions are in place around that area but it's about 300 miles from where I live. I know why I don't like meat ... 

If it's too hot for us, it's great for you, LMH :) Enjoy your run.

Half an hour of s&c done. Busy busy at work. Hence not posting yesterday.

Have a lovely day all.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

What: 29 mins d&d, stretches later (plus cross training in the gardens)

Why: easy run, although not as easy as it should have been. 27 degrees is high for around here! 

Yes, hope Peter is ok, Els. 

Chick, Hazel: I see Hamburg marathon (and half) is going ahead mid September. 

LMH: agree with what you say, and what you said about my training yesterday as well! Being careful this week not to try to catch up lost kilometres, not that there were many.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all (just)
    Els / OH - hope the patient is feeling better today! Enjoy the walk & coffee
    Good news I guess about the eased restrictions, I imgaine the only think I'd rush back to is the pub, the haircut can wait!
    Another scorcher out there again today so will run this evening

What - easy miles
    Why - ticking over
    last rest - Saturday
    last hard - did about 8.5 miles last night over the fields (& hills). Not speedy but a combination of warm weather and jaded legs meant it was a higher score on the "preceived exertion" index
    lyric - possibly (again), I was wrong yesterday
  • I do hope that the stone is no more Els. I don't have the confidence to make jam, it's something I've only ever done once and that was with a friend who knew what she was doing. My rhubarb has been rubbish this year too :-( Sounds like another nice social day for you.

Good to hear of your progress Poppy.

Alehouse - it was warm even for me.

You are doing great keeping on with the s&c chicksta - how is your foot feeling?

I think the eased restrictions is a purely economic move Dustin and not based on the science/evidence.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    such a scorcher, I am also not so in a rush to do much other than what I am at the moment. My hair can do what it wants...Keeping my bubble just as it is!
    Els yes lets hope that stone is done and dusted! 
    Dustin, i know what you mean about legs and heat, well done on the miles
    alehouse it is hot here, glad you got a run in
    chick nice one! This jam talk is making me say mmmm
    poppy glad to hear that the achilles are behaving
    LMH glad you had your easy miles and lucky for physio!!
    ALehouse I am pretty happy re football to be fair..

What:planned run with mate, she said 5 please so we did
    why: her weeks schedule
    last hard:  that was and we both felt jaded! and hot
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Chicksta - I didn't know that but ours just stops growing about now, no more jam likely! But we have blackcurrants later in the summer.
    Jam is prety easy...mine is bbc good food on line so not original.
    Turned into a busy day...rain made morning walk a bit of a wash out then sunny and warm this afternoon. Interesting walk with my vet friend and dog when we found a large bull in the middle of country lane....quiet retreat back where we had come!