First ultra kit?

Signed up for my first ultramarathon for hopefully September coming. Need fully taped waterproofs and rucksack, budget is £100 or thereabouts, have all the rest of the kit from my hiking gear.  Cheers 

Comments

• Looking at higher state waterproof proof jackets, anyone have experience with these?
  • Decathlon has decent backpacks - their own range - at good prices. Get as good a jacket as you can afford, as breathable as possible as well as waterproof. HIgher State should be okay - minimum waterproof rating should be 10,000. Remember an extra 100 grams for not having the lightest weight gear really isn't going to make much difference. Having decent waterproofs really can make the difference (speaking as a survivor of the SDW50 in 2013).
    Enjoy the ultra!
  • <blockquote class="Quote">
    <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/Debra%20Bourne">Debra Bourne</a> said:</div>
    <div class="QuoteText"><div>Decathlon has decent backpacks - their own range - at good prices. Get as good a jacket as you can afford, as breathable as possible as well as waterproof. HIgher State should be okay - minimum waterproof rating should be 10,000. Remember an extra 100 grams for not having the lightest weight gear really isn't going to make much difference. Having decent waterproofs really can make the difference (speaking as a survivor of the SDW50 in 2013).</div><div>Enjoy the ultra!
    </div></div>
    </blockquote>
    Thanks for the reply. I've went with osprey siskin 8l. Decathlon kalenji waterproof trousers and just recently bought a Patagonia torrentshell jacket.  Most of the other stuff I should have from hiking.
  • Hi, how did you get on with your first ?
  • > @Thebigeasy said:
    > Signed up for my first ultramarathon for hopefully September coming. Need fully taped waterproofs and rucksack, budget is £100 or thereabouts, have all the rest of the kit from my hiking gear.  Cheers 

Don't know if this is too late now but I did my first ultra on little training and from never having ran before. I just used a bog standard £7 ruck sack from decathlon, standard trainers and waterproofs from there an a place called "Just a Fiver" in the NE which as the name suggests saw me get waterproofs for £5 top and bottom. Your basic necessities like whistle, first aid kit and torch just get on amazon fro under £10 all in. Easily doable. No problems at all with any of it to be honest.

If you're on a budget you can complain about the comfort.

Don't go overboard, you don't need to unless you're super into it.