Friday, 26 June 2020 - Tropical summer, balmy day

chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in Training
Good morning B)

Lyrics: Tropical summer, balmy day

And I knew yesterday's of course but forgot to say so. One of my favourite bands and that's certainly one of my top ten songs :)

Toe is healing well, em. Thanks for asking. Counting the days now ... 14 to go.

Glad you only need one carer now, OH ;)

Aren't those scenes from Liverpool shocking? Why are people so goddamn ignorant? I just don't get it and it frustrates me to no end.

A second wave is imminent :(

Just finishing my coffee before hitting the mat for my morning sweatfest. Boy, it's hot. Luckily a break in weather is forecast for Sunday.

Have a great weekend, all :)

Comments

• WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning,

Chick good luck with the count down 14 days is not long at all.

What: 5.55 miles
    Why: Achilles said yes
    Last hard: Life and Achilles
    Lyrics: Yes

I was out at 5.30am and although we have had rain it was still warm but more rain due tonight-yay
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Fix You by Coldplay.

Good news that your achilles was cooperative today Poppy.

You're nearly there now chicksta.

Lucas isn't the only one having trouble sleeping emzap. Cooler weather is on the way though.

How are you feeling now OH?

Not as warm here as expected, I was positively chilly during the morning walk though according to the Met Office it's currently 18C. Thunderstorms forecast for later and a cold and wet weekend :-(

What:           easy miles
    Why:            stress relief
    Last hard:    staying positive
    Last rest:     16/6

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: familiar, so that's no

Very dark here at present. Lots of rain forecast. 

The crowds on the beaches, especially Bournemouth, were at least as bad as Liverpool, Chick. Worrying. The trains were packed which is probably even less safe.

What: easy run, stretches

Why: too warm for anything else. Being kind to the legs.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Ale...rach wanted to come and see the old fogies and has just overlapped with her sister by a couple of days! Quarentine at home for 14 days though.
    Another sunny day...hopefully a couple of walks and some cooking. ..waiting for my sourdough to prove. 
    Lyrics  not a clue
    Chick...was thinking just rhubarb leaves toxic too! Anyway that's mine gone for this year. 
    Have a good day!
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Chick  - not long now, stay sane....
    Hazel - as Ale has said, have to wait until July 4th, bit like the the countdown to Christmas...(only better!)
    Congrats to Liverpool, and although the crowds are not surprising, they are not as bad as the trains in and around the coast and certainly not what the Dorset beaches were like yesterday - have friends who live down that way and it was horrific apparently.
    Shouldn't these people be at work / (home) school.....??

What - few miles shortly
    Why - get out , was supposed to be raining, looks like another scorcher out there....
    last rest - Saturday
    last hard - 10k at midday yesterday was hardly the easiest run I've done...

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

What: 35 mins d&d. 

Why: about right for today...and as it turned out, perfectly timed for once! Just got back and it started pouring. Temperature was 23.5 when I set out. Now 3 or 4 degrees lower. No sign of sun here. 

The work on my path unlikely to happen today. Will pick some rhubarb and freeze it. Not a fan of jam. Prefer Marmite!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • It's warming up nicely here Alehouse. Have you tried Marmite peanut butter?

Maybe they are all still furloughed Dustin?

Nice to have R home for a while Els.  I have a cherry and cinnamon cake in the oven as a neighbour gave me cherries so I felt compelled to turn them into something I could take some of to her in return. I've never baked with fresh cherries before, hoping it turns out ok.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    The pictures looked terrible and the poor locals who are abiding by the rules.We had similar at a beach not as bad as the numbers in England but still awful at Ogmore by the Sea.

Yuk to marmite and there was problems with it when no yeast being brewed and a shortage seems okay at the moment.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • We are having a BAD day. We had decided to keep Sammy - I'd arranged to adopt her and was going to tell Mark on his birthday (Tuesday) but for some unknown reason the woman that runs the rescue centre (that I've been supporting for over twenty years) has taken against us and is sending someone to collect Sammy this evening. No reason given. She's been happy for us to look after her for the last three months but suddenly it would seem we're not suitable. I am devastated for Mark.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    LMH - that is shocking, I truly feel for you. Does she in no way have to give you a reason for taking Sammy away?
    I thought they would be more than happy to have adoptive 'parents' 
    Cake sounds yummy though.
    Oh yes to marmite, and peanut butter and yes to jam too.
    Did try that peanut butter with marmite, awful. On their own, I could eat and eat, together, in the bin after less than half a slice. Revolting. Peanut butter and jam on the other hand.... 

• Unfortunately not Dustin - even if we'd adopted her the rescue still have a clause about being able to take them back. Strangely enough I don't like Marmite but Marmite Peanut Butter..........
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Oh that's awful LMH, such short notice too. Thoughts are with you and Mark. On the cake front: Black Forest Cherry Gateau? Lot of work and don't know if you can GF one though.

Don't get the party and this virus has blown over attitude of many either. Liverpool and the beach scenes didn't get a good press here either but I doubt some places are better here. Numbers are rising here too and mostly among the younger people.

Less than two weeks chicksta, got most of it behind you now.

Good news on the achilles WP. Enjoy the rain!

Hope your rain rather than the scorcher turned up Dustin. Sorry, missed that the pubs aren't open to the beginning of July.

Path won't run away Ale. Good run timing. 

Nice to have family visiting despite the restrictions Els.

Yes also to marmite, jam and peanut butter. Not sure about mixing them though.

What: 16.x mile race route explorer.
    Why: regional one on the list for a while and wanted to check it out.
    Last hard: heat/humidity and nearly 900m of ups and downs. All done at v. slow jog trot though. Legs fine afterwards but hard rehydrating.
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Evening
    Lmh that's just awful about Sammy!! Unbelievable
    I love the marmite peanut butter
    I will be shocked if numbers do not rise, but I expected it after  the protests too.
    Hazel wow what miles! 
    Be back I've just got to have grub
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    nice bling Dustin
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Dustin hope you enjoyed the miles
    Alehouse nice running, you went at a more sensible time
    What 2 miles
    Why too hot cos I had too much to do today to get out early
    Last hard that was
    Last rest 31/12/16
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Well done wabo

Yes people are shocking flocking to seaside. We are staying home!

Lmh I am angry on your behalf. Sending lots of hugs your way.

No rain here ale, though cooler by 3 degrees in Lucas' room (only 26 tonight!)

Just a walk here today. 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Very strange, LMH! And what Emz said.

Warmed up to about 24 and stayed dry, despite the forecast. Pleasantly cool now. Hope Lucas gets similar!

Nice exploring, Hazel!

Nice medal Wabo/Dustin.