The Thousand mile club - 2020

Comments

• MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Cal... Thanks. Hope you are recovering well.
    Hobie... 'Nobbler Dirty Dozen' sounds very challenging; slower runners wouldn't be getting much rest between laps. When is it taking place?
    TT... Thanks. Well done on passing 700' (and not quite half way through the year!

Out just before 8 this morning. (Too late!!) Intended a slow 8'. Make that 'very slow'! Included the parkrun route which is half on grass. Found that very sapping. (O'all pace was 10:28) Not sure about tomorrow's long run. It might have to wait.
    YTD: 1018' .
  • Thanks TT,
     TfL (Transport for London) insurers wanted full details of the incident regarding my trip which I provided them. Awaiting date for MRI scan but physio gave me preliminary assessment (off the record) saying I might need two sessions a week for three months as the costs to be covered - told that to TfL and mentioned that any compensation for the injury I receive will go to charity.

• No visual or physical warning signs around the danger.

Didn't stop my six year old granddaughter saying 'Grand dad, you should see where you are going' - there goes her Christmas present.
  • Hobie 1495Hobie 1495 ✭✭✭
    Hopefully injury will recover quickly Harmander.
    MrM, no date yet for Dirty Dozen. We're still very much locked down here in Wales so no gatherings happening yet. Also next to no cases of Covid in this part of the world so it's working. Date and details to follow...this is organised by a small group of locals and all money raised goes to local charities so it's a win win.
    Just a couple of miles run this morning while waiting for tires to be fitted...17 mile bike ride this afternoon but that doesn't count here.
    683 miles YTD 

• TTTT ✭✭✭
    Hobie I understand bike miles as I too bike (and swim and veryovery put all three together!)

MrMr2 I read your post and was out so I could finish before 0800. Very hot by 0730 here this morning and I cut out the last two miles. Was amazing to see all the fields in bloom and the size of tractors!

YTD 712.24
  • TTTT ✭✭✭
    Very occasionally even, note to self read post before posting!
  • Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    Hot by uk standards. 5 miles Tuesday evening but nothing Wednesday and probably nothing today. Should hit 700 by the end of June, that about 150 ahead of last year which was my previous yearly highest mileage. 

Ytd: 685.8
  • MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Decided that I was 'good to go' this morning, and didn't like the look of the forecast for thunder storms later in the week! So, out before 6 and did my favourite 6' loop, 3 times. Happy to keep to 10 min/mile pace (Lap 1:59:59, Lap 2: 59:46, Lap 3: 10:01). Getting quite warm by the end, but finished feeling that I could have maintained that pace for a full marathon. (Not tempted!)
    YTD: 1036' .
  • New to these forums. Had a rough start to the year with injuries. But getting back into things despite still having left over niggles. Key target for this year is now in 2021 - Innsbruck Alpine Running Festival 58km. Main aim at the moment is to maintain mileage and fitness levels ready to ramp up to that in the winter.

YTD: 538 miles
  • Hi Antony, nice to hear from a new person, good luck with the challenge.

TT, My daughter wants the medal, however being the diplomat, l have suggested it can be placed on one of our units downstairs, otherwise her brother might not be happy!

• MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    .....and I did read it through (senior moment?) Lap 3 should read 60:01...!
  • Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    Mr MM: you'd have difficulties running on the prom yesterday!

Anthony: always good to see a new name, hope you stay around. 

Many years ago I tended to run in the late evening, yesterday I did something similar which I really enjoyed. Out between 9 and 10pm, obviously it was day light but liked that end of day feel. Liked that the streets and houses appeared different. Carried on from my house going up and then back down my street to make it 10k. Only one check of the watch during the run in a conscious effort to enjoy the run rather than fixate about my pace. Home in 51 minutes. 

Ytd: 692.0
    Welcome Anthony, good to have you along for the ride.
    Went out for a run to pick up a prescription for someone yesterday...at 1 o'clock...bit warm.
    688 miles YTD going to get to 700 this weekend hopefully. 
  • TTTT ✭✭✭
    Hi Anthony, welcome!

Hobie and Donnie like where you both are it's warm 'up here'. Then again the thunderstorms have just arrived! David I can understand the medal being downstairs, very diplomatic.

Hot, humid and every step counted but run done ......

YTD 720.54
  • Good afternoon all. Hope you've all enjoyed the good weather. Bournemouth beach even made the news in the Middle East!! And I got to see one of MrM2s cruise ships in the bay!

The treadmill is going well, if not a little boring. The whole family have been trying it out, not sure how long that will last for!!

24.6 3.47 and 2.17
    25.6 5.71 and 3.1
    26.6 6.33 and 3.29
    27.6 8.69

YTD 895.95 miles

Just for a giggle we suggested a crack at the Ross Barkley 5k (fast 5k, log your 5k time no matter about elapsed time) I did 5k today (downhill with a honking tailwind) in moving time16:19...elapsed time 1hr 19mins.
    700miles YTD. 
  • MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Anthony... Welcome. Sounds like a tough event next year. Are you more interested in ultras?
    Hobie... Congrats on reaching 700'. (Cheeky 5k !)
    Dubai... So close to 900' ! Sad that Bournemouth made the news for (mainly) the wrong reasons...litter on the beach, drunken disorder, etc.. Two days were crazy...and all for a lobster skin, in our mid-twenties heat wave! We've had up to 4 cruise ships at anchor in the bay. You mentioned 13 in Dubai. Are they still there?
    Donnie... Nice 10k, running 'blind'. I should do that more often. You were right about the Prom. not being suitable for running. Even our end of the beach, almost 4miles along from Bournemouth, (Nearer Christchurch) was exceptionally busy.

Two days ago: a steady 4' as a pre-stretch warm-through. Out at 6 this morning for an 8' mix of road and seafront. Great run back along the prom. with a strong SW'ly behind me. Very few people about.
    YTD: 1048' .
  • MrM2, yes still 13 although ours are moored so doesn’t look quite as impressive as sitting in the bay. Will be here till at least October, or so I’m told.

More treadmill miles

10k this morning (6.21) and 2.17 miles of hills this afternoon. Now for a bit of pool time and a glass of Malbec.

YTD 904.33 miles

• Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    And I'm back. A week and a half off and I think I've diagnosed my groin issue and am now working on correcting it. But the main thing was it wasn't sore this morning (I did a 7.5 mile walk yesterday) so I got out there and did 3 miles. Felt a bit awkward but the groin was really just a whisper and a few other bits were protesting more (probably at having to go back to work after their nice holiday).

YTD: 1019
  • Welcome back Cal!

7.08 on the treadmill this morning.

YTD 911.41 miles 

• TTTT ✭✭✭
    Hobie well done on the 700, welcome back Cal, may all your niggles go away!

DR buying that treadmill seems.like it was a good idea, are you still on a curfew?

MrMr2 our roads to the coast were gridlocked last week, and beaches starting to crowd up. 

Cold, wet, windy, Yorkshire summer at its best 😀

YTD 732.42
  • Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    Cal: welcome back. May all your niggles stay away. 

TT: I'm also in Yorkshire. Strange weather week for running, either to warm or to windy. 

Problems with my garmin, looks like they may be terminal. Two recent runs, the only route I know the exact distance of is my 5 mile route, so it's been that twice and both times untimed. 

Ytd:702.0
  • MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Welcome back Cal.. Hope that you get back to full strength soon.
    Dubai... well and truly into 900+ and already some good sessions on the treadmill!
    Behave yourselves up in Yorkshire; I'm still hoping the marathon can go ahead in Oct..

A quiet day for me but have ideas of another, short warm-up run, then stretch, later.
  • Some sprints, on the treadmill. Would love to run outside but 44 degrees.

so 1.55 miles followed by swimming, followed by a good book and a glass of red...

YTD 912.96 miles

• Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    Donnie, my old 25 started failing to record (and when it did, I had a hard time getting it to upload to my PC) so it got replaced. I'd treat yourself to a new one.

Dubai, ugh. I did Bikram Yoga for 5 years and that was in a 40 degree room (very humid, too, mind) and I'd sweat from places I didn't know you could sweat from. I don't blame you for staying in.

Tired and groggy this morning and a bit sore from the exercises I did yesterday, but I convinced myself I'd feel better after a run, so I got out and did 6 miles. No groin pain but achilles was grumpy. I'm used to that, though. I need to get back on top of my calf work as I've neglected it a bit by concentrating on all the hip/groin/glute stuff. But anyway, happy enough with the run.

YTD: 1025
  • 6.33 on the treadmill this morning. 

YTD 919.29 miles

• MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Dubai...Sounds like you've got some of our degrees over there; we're a few short these days. Seems we're back to Spring...including the April showers. Lovely running conditions!
    Cal...Good to see you getting back to 'normality'. I know what you mean about overlooking some stretches; I did a full hour of stretches and strengthening exercises after my 4' warm-up yesterday, and still missed out some that I used to do.

Out at 6 this morning for my headland double loop (12'). 'Double progression' you could call it; mist, mizzle, drizzle, rain!  for one, and pace  for the other. First lap was a comfortable 6' in 58:55 (9:49/mile) and second lap: a less comfortable 6' in 54:47 (9:08/mile). Forecast is indicating a rest day tomorrow.
    YTD: 1064' .
  • Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    Agree about the stretching, when I'm using the gym I'm pretty conscienous about a stretching routine, when I'm running from home it often lapses. Must get back on it. 

Its a miracle, the watch has sprung back to life. 5 miles in 39 mins and 59 secs. Felt good, best I've been for a few days. 

Ytd: 707.0

That's 115 in June and still significantly more than any cumulative totals I've previously logged 
  • Afternoon,

Cal, Glad you aren't feeling to bad.

MrM2, Saw Bournemouth on the news, what is wrong with people? and the rubbish! Glad you are still getting out and enjoying your runs.

I have had another pretty intense week at work, we have a lot of new jobs all starting at once, we are currently looking for a couple of people to join us.
    I did however purchase my first Garmin, a 6S Pro, wow, if it was a human I would marry it! apparently I am not getting enough sleep (you don't say) my Human battery is low and I am only in "Fair" condition! (Bloody cheek)

28.06.20 - 10
    30.06.20 - 7

YTD = 376.55

Back to a bit of "normality" for me, back in work for a few weeks, so lunch runs will be on the flat...missing hills already...hopefully trails and coast paths will be open again soon, as long as we're not invaded in the next couple of weeks.

After my hurty (speedy for me) 5k on Saturday I was hurting a bit so an hour of stretching and Pilates definitely helped last night.

Good to hear your feeling better Cal.

A recovery shuffle with my boy on Sunday & a much better feeling 5 miles at lunch today in the Welsh drizzle.

711 miles YTD