Wednesday 1st July 2020 - I walked to the window turned out the light

Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
edited July 2020 in Training
Morning.

Lyrics (continuing my miserable theme) - I walked to the window turned out the light

Looked at the city went through the night

You would not think it was the 1st July here - grey and chilly with rain forecast later. Edit 0637hrs - the 'light rain' forecast for this afternoon has arrived early and it doesn't fit my definition of 'light'. Some days just keep getting better don't they?

You seem to be managing the increased mileage well Wabo.

What:            easy miles
Why:             it's all I do
Last hard:     doing the miles yesterday
Last rest:      16/6

Yesterday's lyrics - You're Missing by Bruce Springsteen.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

A particularly miserable looking day weather-wise here, also, LMH. Grey and damp.

Lyrics: no

What: easy run

Why: going to have a couple of easy days as hamstrings are tight again.

Wabo: almost exactly the same kms in June as my total! 

RFJ: thinking of you. Take care!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Hazel - ouch with the tooth, hope nothing expensive...
    Els/LMH - nice photo!
    LMH - yes, I think we've all had to give ourselves a talking to before now
    Ale - look after those hammys. Streeeeeetch
    RFJ - good to see you popping in, keep up the run/bike, will certainly assist with the MH issues, and last night's result must have helped!

What - easy miles 
    Why - Mr postman delivered 2 x new pairs of kayanos, so need to try them out...
    Last rest - 20/06
    Last hard - Yesterday. Followed my own advice to do something harder. 8x350m hill reps jog back recovery. Not full out but ran at consistent steady pace. 
    Legs battered but so pleased I did it. 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Decent session Dustin! Hope the new shoes fit. I always wear them around the house first. 

What: just over half an hour and by a stroke of luck managed to find a dry window. Now torrential!

Why: trying to get to 2020k in 2020. Today is exactly half way. Am about 80k behind the 1010 that I should be at. Not concerned as am catching up by 5 to 10k each week now after a poor start to the year. However anything can go wrong at anytime of course!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Nice running all and nice new shoes Dustin.
    Wiped out of wideford hill alone but still had a nice sunny walk and met running friend for part of it. Will have to be brave soon...have done them route 3 times in company and done further walks alone!
    Making walnut and rye sourdough...strange lumpy dough but hoping will taste good!
    Not sure about running...legs feel they would manage but would prefer to wait until second smaller aneurysm has been secured. Don't know when that will happen yet. Wouldn't like to put family through that stress again though could have happened anytime I guess!
    Another walk with friend after lunch. P and R busy painting...fortunately quarentine ends tomorrow!
  • I didn't realise you still ran in Kayanos Dustin - my shoe of choice for many years before I was persuaded into something lighter. Well done on the tough session.

Are you fall related aches and pains better now Alehouse?

Sunshine is good Els and Wideford hard - don't blame you for not going alone. Do you have to keep your BP down as much as possible or does that not affect it? I have no doubt your legs would run - you have years of training in them - but waiting until the second aneurysm has been dealt with sounds sensible if possibly frustrating. I've tried to get a gf sourdough starter going a few times but failed miserable - I did make soda bread for our lunch though.

Today keeps on giving - my Garmin is playing up now. I love my 230 but you can't get them anywhere. Does anyone have a 45?
  • I have a 35 and lover it..v simple.
    Wideford was where it all happened so spooks me a but for no good reason....good run location in lockdown though.
    Blood pressure has generally been fine but yes should be kept low.
  • I'm not surprised you feel a bit strange going back there then. When I was hit by a car out running it was weeks before I could bring myself to do the same route. How many data fields can you have on one screen? I usually have three showing and I wasn't sure if the 35 can? Does it track steps too?
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Left knee still bruised, LMH, and left elbow very tender. Neither particularly bother me when running though. 

I have a Garmin 45 and whilst what it does is fine, I don't particularly like it as I find it a bit fiddly and the numbers/face are/is too small. Would prefer a bigger screen. Still go back to my old 310XT which is battered and bruised as well, but I can read it at a glance. Have tried downloading other screens but not done very well on that front.

I find Kayanos too heavy now and largely stick to Asics Gel DS trainers. And they are cheaper.  

And no rush, Els! I'd stick to walking until the second procedure. 
  • Sorry to hear that you're still sore but good that it isn't adversely affecting running. How many data fields can you have on the screen at once Alehouse? I love my 230 but you can't get them now. I still have a brand new 310xt (let me know if you ever want to buy another!) but I use my 230 as an everyday watch too and I like having the step counter.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Yes, I like the 45 as an everyday watch. Just off to re-read DCRainmaker's review again! 
  • I've just had a quick read Alehouse but can't see if you can plug it in to the computer to download or it has to be Bluetooth? As I don't have a smartphone I need the former.
  • It does steps and I usually have it on time distance and pace. I'm not a v techy person though so suits me much better than the suunto I had previously and never liked.
    Good battery life too so far.
    Seem to have covered nearly 13m today and feeling quite tired. 
    Walnut and rye loaf tasty although it looks a funny colour with the nuts.
    Painting next door going well!