Thursday 2nd July 2020 - I want every single piece of you

Morning.

Lyrics - I want every single piece of you

I want your heaven and your oceans too

Nice mileage Els. As you know I'm not very technologically minded either so it sounds as though the 45 might suit me.

I'm not sure where summer is but we have another grey, chilly and wet day forecast - it's not helping my motivation or mood :-(

What:            easy miles
Why:             sanity
Last hard:     finding the positives
Last rest:      16/6

Yesterday's lyrics - Hurt by Tom Petty.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning 
    Oh I know I know these lyrics but it's not come to me yet
    Went to bed silly late because I watched 2 parts of the Salisbury programme
    Lmh hope a bit of sun peaks out for you

What 6 miles in forest with running buddy Sacha
    Why needs must
    Last hard yesterday all day! 
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Have a good day all
    Footie for me later! 👍🏼

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: I believe I do

Grey, wet, cold. And no wind to move it on.

Hope you enjoy the match more than I enjoyed Leicester's yesterday, Wabo. Enjoy the forest!

What: easy run

Why: having an easy couple of days
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Quiet!

What: easy half an hour

Why: legs didn't want to know! However it was supposed to be a shortish easy run anyway. Hopefully longer tomorrow. Off road in the main, in the drizzle. Quite cross country-ish underfoot as well as from above. Dry now of course!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    forest was lovely! 5.5 miles d&d, slow and easy
    Leicester still having a good season alehouse! Hammers had a good result last night!!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hello all
    ah nice to see some garmin talk, thinking of changing mine. I have a 610, it's ok but it's not brilliant.
    Re shoes - I switch between kayanos and 2000s normally, but I managed to get hold of some of the former quite well discounted (<£100). Ale, I'll try the DS. LMH what did you defect to?
    I've worn the same brand/model largely non stop (for road) for 15+ years although I have used adidas and saucony "flats" for shorter stuff. 

What - something
    Why - raining all morning which has put me off a lunchtime run, so may do a short pootle later
    last rest - 20/06
    last hard - Tuesday. Yesterday was Noah like weather so have not tried the new shoes. 7 steady miles and it didn't stop. A change from the 30c+heat of a week ago but at least there wasn't another soul out!
    lyric - nope

• I went from Kayanos to DS Trainers to Adidas Boston Boost Dustin. Can't imagine running in the Kayanos now - they are so heavy. I got soaked on my run this morning and saw very few people.

Alehouse - dry here now too but I'm working. Rain is forecast to start again at the time I'm due to finish.........

Glad you had a good run Wabo.

Hope emzap is ok.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Sorry, missed posting yesterday.

Lots of Garmin talk going on :) I have a Fenix 5S but it does far too much stuff. Wouldn't have bought it for myself but it was a gift.
    I was excited about the wrist based HRM at the time as I thought I could do away with the strap but it turned out to be utterly rubbish on my puny little wrists.

Dustin: Love it that you didn't try the new shows in the rain :)

Enjoy the footie, wabo.

Hope you found some motivation, LMH. Rather grey and damp here as well but at least it's not cold.

Walnut loaf sounds tasty, els.

On the topic of food: I made some redcurrant jam with lemon zest yesterday. Hubby loves the sour stuff. I find the taste OK but it's not my favourite.

Did my usual strength routine this morning. Abs are beginning to show :D
  • The wrist based HR doesn't work on me either chicksta. Mark has just ordered himself a Fenix 5+ as a birthday present but it does far more than I want and is far more than I want to pay too. I'm not surprised about your abs given the work you've put in!
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭

Afternoon,

A rest day here from running but S+C has been done. I just needed a rest as not sleeping well and just weary.

I have a 735XT and I do love it over a year old and ticks all my boxes:-)

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Evening, also missed posting yesterday.

Like the Garmin talk. Almost invested in a Fenix (5 I think, reduced when the latest came out), but got a Coros Apex instead (works well so far. Don't know how well known they are in the UK. Saw a review, found the fuctionality good and the price ok and decided to risk it. +1 to skinny wrists and optical HRM not always working.

Really wish I could post off some heat to you LMH. 29 again yesterday, though a bit cooler today. The thunderstorms keep missing us.

Forests are lovely to run in Wabo.

Hope the legs are more cooperative tomorrow Ale.

Like the shoe talk also, though unfamiliar with the above models. Get the new ones out in some puddles Dustin.

Hope the rest day refreshes you WP.

Hmm bread from Els and jam from chicksta sounds like a good plan. Any cake left LMH or did Dustin call round?

What: 10k fields and woods GA loops
    Why: trying to hide from the sun/breeze -partly successfully
    Last hard: plucking up the courage to go to the dentists - definitely expensive here. Ouch has eased off but never a good sign.
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no