Friday 3rd July 2020 - All the things that we've lost

Morning.

Lyrics - All the things that we've lost

Breaking up comes at a cost

Mark finished his birthday cake yesterday Hazel so I'm contemplating baking today. A trip to the dentist is never fun. I would love some warmth - rain forecast here again for most of the day and a high of 16C :-(

I'm tired and my knees are creaky. I should take a rest day but I have one, possibly two imposed on me next week and I'm reluctant to not run when my mood is like this. Hopefully if I just plod round I'll get the psychological benefits and not break myself.

What:            wet miles unless the Met are wrong
Why:             it's going to be that kind of day
Last hard:     moving on
Last rest:      16/6

Yesterday's lyrics - Miss You by Adele.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Enjoy the baking LMH. Take care on your run today.

Overcast but muggy and warmish today. No sun to distribute.

What: some sort of speedwork, probably LT intervals
    Why: not done anything quicker this week yet
    Last hard: OH has a (long planned) trip planned to Macedonia in a few weeks. According to new rules he will have a 10 day quarantine when he comes back. I would prefer him to drop it or I guess I will have to move out for 10 days..
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lytrics: no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

A cloudy, wet and unsettled day as outbreaks of rain push in from the west, some of these heavy and prolonged. Rain will be accompanied by brisk southwesterly winds. Maximum of 16. Summer!

I feel your (football) pain Wabo!

What: whatever the legs decide

Why: they haven't wanted to play the last two days!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭

Morning,

I love this cooler weather I can function better and sleep better:-)

Hazel: Hope OH decides not to go seems risky at the moment?

LMH: Rain coming in here but not till lunchtime...I love rain so cooling;-)

What: 5.2 miles/wheel of doom

Why: Because I can

Last hard: Achilles but it is downgraded to dull pain rather than stabbing pain.

Last Rest: From running yesterday.

Lyrics:no

A nice run early but I was still sweaty and it was 12 degree's.

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

Sorry been MIA, been ill all week. Finally feeling better but doc told me to take the week off so that's what I'm doing. Still feeling weak.

No running, very short walks is all I've managed.

Lmh hope knees play ball
    Hazel, hope oh makes the right decision

Have a lovely weekend all
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Good to see you, em and sorry to hear you've been poorly. Hope you bounce back quickly.

Hazel: sounds like a difficult time for both of you. Is that a work-related thing for your other half? Probably not the best time to do this but sometimes needs must. 

Poppy: Glad the achille is improving. As far as injuries go I always went with dull is OK to run with, sharp is a no-no.

Did you manage to stay dry, LMH

40 mins of s&c done. One more week to go .... by appointment next week is at exactly this hour :)  Can't wait!!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    MORNING ALL
    Alehouse my football is abating now.  It was painful though.
    lmh in the same frame of mind as you today  I feel a day of just staying in my running clothes and getting out the door as and when I can.
    CHick nice s&c ing! So is that the next toe next week?  Light at the end of the tunnel.
    Emzap sorry you have been poorly.  wish you better and rest up xx
    Poppy I agree about the cooler weather.  Nice miles!  Glad it is only dull
    Alehouse, enjoy your run
    What: 1.36 miles so far, more to come
    why: carpet man coming between 10-12 so I am stuck indoors
    last hard: that short burst for sanity out my door!
    last rest: 31/12/16

Son gave me a whole bag full of vape cr*p to hold for him and at 7.30 this morning rang and said throw it away.  It has made him so unfit, skin bad lungs bad.  I despair. But the vape is in my bin
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Wabo:  "I feel a day of just staying in my running clothes and getting out the door as and when I can."

What: what Wabo said. Rain stopped so went for it and whilst I got wet a couple of times and blown about I was happy with just over an hour off road. 

Why: would have liked more but not risking the hamstrings/glutes. And back is not too happy either. 

Hope the bin works, Wabo. He will also save a fortune as well as being healthier. Get him running again!

Hope the toe gets a clean bill of health this time next week, Chick! And show him your new muscles!

Get well, Emz! Trust Lucas is looking after his mummy!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Best place for it Wabo! Hope the runs help your stress levels.

You're nearly there chicksta!

Hope you're feeling better soon emzap.

Difficult Hazel but I guess the decision isn't yours? 

Sorry to hear that you have aches and pains Alehouse.

It started raining just as I set off for my run but then dried up and stayed that way for my run though it was windy. I seem to be losing about ten seconds a mile each day at the minute but I'd rather be slow than not running.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Emz- ohh you take care, hope you're feeling better now
    LMH - sometimes forget the watch (or ignore the numbers), getting a run in and clearing your head is often the optimal outcome. Pace, speed is still there somewhere.
    Enjoy the baking if you do some!
    Ale - I know your sensible so I'm sure you're doing sensible things at the moment!
    Hazel - tough one, but hope you come to a satisfactory compromise if need be.
    Wabo - as LMH said, best place for it, let's hope it stays that way. Kit all day? Were you once a boy scout ?Isn't their motto "Be prepared" ?

What - sky looks clear so may finally try out those new wheels
    Why - getting out. Had hoped for a sharper session last night but felt pretty fat. Contemplating track tomorrow to see just how slowly my 400s are these days...
    last rest - 20/06
    last hard - mustering enthusiasm...
    lyric - think so, yes

• Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Cider cake just out of the oven Dustin. It was an observation more than anything, I'd far rather be out doing the miles slowly than not being out. I just need a rest but at the moment I need the stress relief more.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    cider cake wow!!
    Dustin I did sing ging gang goolie with my younger brother  B)
    Alehouse hope the aches ease
    LMH glad you had your run!
    just had a video call with son, running about a field with his runaway son!! What a lovely sight it was...
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • It's really easy Wabo - let me know if you'd like the recipe. The wonders of modern technology - how nice to be able to share that with them.
  • Ran first 2 days of July and had intended running again today, however tired and rain now set in.
    Decorating essentially complete so more time now.
    Stone grumbling on.
    Lyrics no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Sounds better running-wise, OH...but not re the stone. I have plenty of decorating that needs doing...

Has rained all afternoon, again. In fact has rained every day since I did the foundations for the path. Need two decent half days at least to finish it. 

Hope the runaway grandson was re-captured, Wabo!

Waiting for daughter to bring the weekly shop otherwise I will lose more weight! No bad thing, perhaps!
  • Sorry to hear that the stone hasn't given up OH. What is the next step to sort it?

Hope she doesn't keep you waiting for your dinner Alehouse :-)
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Daughter is here, LMH...but plenty of food in the freezer anyway.