Saturday 4th July 2020 Let us be lovers

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: Let us be lovers, we'll marry our fortunes together

What: short and easy

Why: being careful

I imagine it will be a strange American Independence Day over the pond.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - No Good In Goodbye by The Script.

You're up early Alehouse. I imagine it will be a strange day here too. Do you have your trip to the barber booked?

Hope you're feeling better today emzap.

Another grey, chilly, breezy day here. I haven't managed a long run this week and can't see it happening today. Next week needs to be a cutback week and a couple of appointments midweek will ensure that it is but I suppose a long run may be possible. I shall have to see how I feel/circumstances conspire.

What:           easy miles
    Why:            better to run easy miles than not run
    Last hard:    shaking off the black dog
    Last rest:     16/6

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Ah yes, the alehouses are opening again in the UK today aren't they?

See how it goes once you are out LMH? Cider cake sounds nice.

Pleased to see OH running again, well done on the decorating.

Sorry you've been ill emzap.

Just one more week chicksta! Bit of a celebration will be needed.

Have a nice track session if you go Dustin. 400s sound tough.

Had ging gang goolie stuck in my head for a while yesterday Wabo. Nice video call.

Good regarding the achilles WP. What is this wheel of doom?

What: will join Ale for a short and easy. 10am suit you?
    Why: speedwork yesterday, longish tomorrow.
    Last hard: restrictions are increasing again, mask obligatory in public transport, some areas are starting to reduce gatherings.
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Managed to get another hour's sleep, LMH. Not booked any appointments, neither hair nor alehouse!

10 is fine, Hazel. Your 10 or mine?

Raining.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Started raining just as we got back from our morning walk Alehouse :-(

That doesn't sound good Hazel. I think we'll be seeing the same though to be honest it won't affect me much as I can't really take advantage of the new 'freedoms' anyway. I don't think it matters what my head would like to do today, my legs just aren't up to it.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Got soaked. Rained just after I headed out. Not the greatest 30 minutes. Bit of a struggle today. 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Hazel sorry about the ear worm!!! Hope you didn't mind but I joined you and alehouse at 10!
    Alehouse I have just missed the rain I reckon. It's done now, mine also felt sluggish not as much as I expected though
    Lmh take care, friends of mine saw queues as long as anything on high roads for barbers!! I'm going nowhere now my run is done! Dread to think what today might bring. 

What cautious 3.25 miles
    Why bit peaky feeling can't put my finger on it so being careful
    Last hard that was although it was quite nice too
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Have a good Saturday, keep away from pubs 🥺🥺🥺
    Oh I've baked a lovely lemon and lime drizzle cake for oh and his mate who are slaving away building boiler cupboard upstairs
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Hazel: it's a crazy world we live in ...
    I just read that Hamburg marathon closed registration and that authorities are having second thoughts even with the envisaged staggered start. I thought it was a stupid idea anyway. What's the point in a marathon without spectators?

LMH: Sorry your legs aren't playing today. Is it the knees again?

30 wet mins is better than nothing, ale.

40 mins of s&c done. Quite pleased that my weight hasn't changed much. I'm a kilo above race weight which is fine by me. It's not like I'm racing anytime soon ;)

• chicksta - I could never see how Hamburg was going ahead. A bit of bravado on the organisers part possibly? You have managed your weight really well and your rehab. Knees are on the edge.

I've had a few like that Alehouse. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Lemon drizzle is next on my list Wabo.
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Hi everyone

Thought I was well overdue a check of the forum. Hope everyone is doing well, staying healthy and still getting some running done. 

I've been lucky to get 2 very short runs a week recently - partly due to work, and partly I think I'm struggling W to get the enthusiasm back that I had up until some months ago. Just did a 4 mile run, and spent most of it thinking about how much fitness I've lost since March. Can't be helped though, all I can do i work to regain it now.

I'm hoping that reading a few runners worlds and checking in here more often might help me get back in the game

Lyrics yes
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Good to see you, Chamolk! Hope you get running more consistently! It will soon come back!
  • 4 miles and restored room to some sort of normality  after decorating.
     New heating system going in shortly so carpets etc will wait.
    Keeping going this month.
    Any run is hard and slow
    Last rest- last month
    Lyrics no

• BTW have it on good authority that The Griffin is open for business.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Yes, I heard that The Griff is open. Probably won't consider going until next Friday at the earliest. And am pretty sure you know the lyrics OH, and everyone else.
  • Good to see you chamolk and yes, it would be great if you could pop in more regularly.

Sounds as though you're being kept very busy on the domestic front OH.
  • (OK I do know the lyrics)
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    😀
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Chick well done on weight and s&c 
    Oh good working!! 
    Nice to see you chamolk, definitely pop in! 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can