P&D Spring Marathon 2020

Comments

• TRTR ✭✭✭
    Hamo - well done on the 10%. I didnt do any today in my mlr, easy all the way, im saving my powder for Saturdays mp run (looks like the wind is going to get up again as usual).

Jools - blimey Jools thats a lot of climbing in 9m.

SQ - mark allen used to talk about quieting the mind so you can crack on with the job in hand. Speedy reps and a multitasking buggy run, top work.

14m easy tonight.
  • JooliganJooligan ✭✭✭
    Quality session SQ & good buggy recovery running.
    Wise to go easier on today's MLR TR. With a decent LT banked and the imminent MP run that's plenty of quality for 1 week.
    The run yesterday was a recce of a hill for an inter-club elevation relay coming up Sunday the 12th. I did 27 minutes top to bottom with a HR of 140 on the up. I did a 2nd very slightly slower at 139 bpm. I'm looking to get the most elevation possible in 1 hr. I reckon if I put a decent effort in I can do 3 full climbs (& 2 descents) which will give me 2280' over 10K.
    A long slow hilly run again today 17.7M with 2,600'. Lots of off road stuff too. Legs are pretty shaky now :D
  • Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    I've found a lot of really nasty hills on my various exploration runs and walks, Jools, and I'm dying to have a crack at doing them, but I daren't at the moment.

SQ, I think my HR would be around 170 if I did that! Good job on the reps.

hamo, I worked in the computer games industry in the 90s (on magazines) and it was one big party back then, before it got corporate. My lifestyle back then wasn't too healthy, I have to admit.

TR, I can relate to the shut up and run thing, too. Well done on the LT.

Yesterday was a rest day so I had a walk and then did a bit of rehab/strength in the afternoon. Groin was oddly more niggly. I don't know if it didn't like the 10 miler on Wedneseday but was slow to react, or if it didn't like the walk (pretty sure I have a lot more hip extension when I walk than when I run) or some of the exercises.
    I wasn't sure if I should even try running today, but decided to risk it and after a brief moan at the start of the run, it warmed up and was fine. Most of the discomfort came from left high hammy, which seems extra grumpy for no real reason (it was even grumpier than the achilles, which had the good sense to shut up after a small tantrum during the first mile).
    Getting my body to behave is like trying to manage a bunch of unruly kids on a school trip. "Quiet at the back of the bus!"
  • hamo44gfchamo44gfc ✭✭✭
    Jools...I favoured XC and the longer stuff at school, sprinting is not and was not my forte. They were very hilly miles. Lovely long run, no wonder the legs were a bit shaky.

SQ...Singing lullabies is one way to get the miles in :lol: Class session, that is a swift pace on grass.

TR...Sensible keeping the powder dry for the weekends MP. Nice easy MLR.

Cal...That sounds like a class way to spend the 90's to be fair :lol: I properly lol'd at your school trip metaphor, such a way with words you have..I can see why you worked at a magazine.

I just ran a 6 mile recovery yesterday morning having moved the evenings recovery to Tuesday as it was my middle Daughters birthday, so i had the most restful of rest days I've had in a while (in a running sense anyway :lol:). Followed that up with a 12 mile MLR this morning, and as my legs where feeling good from the "rest" day, i pushed the pace a bit and finished the last 2 miles at +10 again.
  • AWCAWC ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Hamo: good to hear the legs are feeling fresh after the rest day and great +10 finishes to the other runs. Good sign for the weekend long run
    Cal: glad you are getting back to the running again. Nothing more frustrating than injury
    Jools: great ascent in that long run but 2,280' over 10km would be insane
    SQ: cracking session indeed! You must have covered quite a distance. More than the P&D Vo2 max sessions I'm guessing

Training has went well for me this week:
    - 5mi LT - a wee bit faster and more progressive than the 4mi ones. Adaptations definitely in progress
    - 13mi/12mi MLRs - these are feeling a lot easier and I'm generally feeling back in the P&D groove being able to smash these out without feeling knackered anymore which is a lovely feeling
    - 18mi w/10mi @MP on Sunday will be an eye opener though!
    Really loving running at the minute and working from homes makes it so easy to fit it all in :smile: 
    I certianly won't be going back to the office full time if it ever opens properly again

• TRTR ✭✭✭
    Cracking long run again jools, you'd ace the IoW mara in oct.

Cal - at our age im sure we'll have to manage niggles in order to be able to run regularly.

Hamo - nice one. You are a week ahead of me so have the luxury of a 16m long run sunday.

AWC- good stuff, adapting well.

Minimum 6m super easy this morning. Looks like the wind and rain are showing up again for tomorrows mp run. But at least i have the new mantra ready.
  • Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    TR...sad fact is, if I waited for all my niggles to go, I would never run.
    Happy birthday to your daughter, hamo. Nice running. Always postive when you can finish strong.
    AWC, if working from home is an option in the future, then it's definitely something to take advantage of. I think a lot of people will struggle to go back to an office after working from home for most of this year...and you gain so much time from not having to commute (plus saving the cost of petrol or train/bus fares). Strong week there.

I was pretty niggly this morning, so almost didn't run but I spent half an hour doing foam rolling, stretching and mobility work (rather than the usual 10-15 minutes) and when I got outside I was actually less niggly than yesterday. There's a moral in there somewhere.
    6 miles again. I want to go longer tomorrow but will see how I feel. I won't push it too much at this point.
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Cal - ha ha, shut up and roll then.

Plan was for 7m easy, 10 or 11mp, and then a cd. Expecting anywhere between 6.30 and 6.50 depending  upon wind and elevation. 1st effort mile of 6.58 rang the alarm bells (in what should have been a quickish mile), no amount of shut up and run is going to see a speeding up by 30sec mile, so changed tack to an mp +10% (~7.09av) and rarher than 10m i managed to do the remainimg 13m av 7.08, but in reality it was 11 av 7.02 and a 7.33 and a 7.45 on the two most wind and hill affected miles. The mp run can keep for another day.

Onwards and upwards, solid week with 2 x mlr, 5m LT and a toughish 20, all adding up to 80m.

• Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    Always smart to adapt to conditions, TR. Good run nonetheless, and a good week.

Today’s mission was to find Wimbledon’s Dairy Walk footpath, which a clubmate had found and recommended on Strava. It proved a bit harder than expected. I got myself to Church Road, where I knew there was an entrance, but it wasn’t where I expected it to be (turns out I was looking on the wrong side of the junction). After failing twice, I ran up and alongside the common to see if I could locate from the other end, but as I’d planned to hit it from Church Road, I couldn’t remember exactly where the other end was.
    As it turns out I blundered onto Marryat Road which cuts through the footpath, so I decided to try the left section of path first before circling back to Marryat and doing the right part.
    It turned out to be barely a path, but a narrow, dirt track which sandwiched me between a wooden fence and a lot of brambles and nettles. There was also a lovely big puddle before the path veered steeply upward and back onto Burghley Road. I was not impressed. (In fact, I was thinking “WTF, Dez?” - Dez being the club member in question) but I decided I would at least check out the other half, which is accessed from a cul-de-sac on Marryat Road.
    This half was actually delightful (aside from the fact it was a pretty steep hill) – paved and bordered on either side by all sorts of colourful flowers.  So I’m happy I found that part.
    I wasn’t supposed to be doing any hills just yet but seem to have managed to run up and down a few today. Groin was fine but left high hammy and right achilles were having a contest to see who could scream the loudest. Hammy won.  You’d never guess they’d just had a nice holiday, ungrateful buggers.
    12 miles also seemed a long way today. It feels like I’ve lost all my endurance during the 10 day break, which I know is nonsense, so not quite sure what happened there (I probably shouldn’t have pushed over the railway bridge on the way back in search of a segment PR, but some things are hard to resist).
    Anyway, TL;DR – found it. Eventually.

• TRTR ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Cal another adventure, nice one. You'll be back up to full bore soonish.

6m easy here. Im going to take this weeks recovery week starting with a couple of very easy short days. Reckon it'll do me good as ive put in some good work recently.
  • JooliganJooligan ✭✭✭
    Very wise TR. You’ve worked solidly since Abo & particularly hard since adopting P&D so you’ve earned an easier week for sure.
    Nice niggly dozen Cal.
    Good stuff AWC. You do seem to adapt & respond to training stimulus relatively quickly, certainly better than me!
    Makes sense Hamo. You may not be a sprinter but your a class runner from Mile to Marathon which is an enviable range. Out of interest do you know which of your times gives you the highest ranking? That 5K you pulled out the hat was pretty exceptional imo.
    So with hills the focus this month my 8M “recovery” Friday left my legs distinctly frazzled: 3 laps of the village for 1200ft! Consequently I almost abandoned my weekly (not)Parkrun blast however I woke refreshed yesterday morning, had some breakfast & headed over to the course. I’ve done 19:54, 19:45, 19:45 there in the last 4 weeks (with a 20:17 at FoD a fortnight ago). Warmed up with the lunge matrix, leg swings & 4.3K including 3x100m strides. Pace for easy HR was encouraging & the zip in the legs on the strides even more so. The wind was less so but 2/3 of those previous sub 20s were in similar conditions so I wasn’t phased. Psyched myself for 19:xx minutes of suffering before gunning it: 3:51, 3:51, 3:53 for the first 3K was very promising. Just need to do <4:00/K twice & I’ve a nailed on lockdown PB. This was where my recent 2K sessions helped as I was able to visualise just one of those to go. 3:56 for the 4th. Hang in there & push hard in the final 250m = 3:53. Stopped the watch on 19:26.50 for 5.01K (& beyond the official finish funnel). A course PB & my fastest 5K since Feb19. 😎 2K cool down & a day off hills.
    22K today with 3 flat out hill efforts brings up just shy of 78M for the week & over 8,000ft. 😀
  • AWCAWC ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Jools: brilliant recovery - 1200ft in 8 miles!!! That's some parkrun even without the hills the day before. You look to be running really confidently at the minute.
    TR: recovery week snap! Enjoy the relative down time. For me its as much about the mental relaxation knowng there is no MP/LT/VO2 etc and the MLR/LR will feel so easy becuase of the cut back distance.
    Cal: fun adventure - I love the exploring and finding new trails. Glad the groin is holding up well.
    MP run was tough yesterday - had tummy problems and a few stops at the toilet (luckily the airport and train station were both open!). There was a strong wind but managed to get through it and hit something like MP by the last couple of miles which were actually into the wind.
    Really looking forwad to recovery this week. Planning to head off to the South Downs for an easy trail 12mi tomorrow.
    I've enjoyed getting back into proper speedwork on the roads but it'll be nice to see the Downs again :) if only for a week.
  • MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    Hi all, very motivating to see all of the famous P&D sessions going on.
    I had a good week off doing zero running and spent last week just getting back into things. I did try 3 miles at MP on Thursday and getting under 7 m/m nearly killed me. The running club also did a beep test on the track on Saturday to get a measure of post-lockdown fitness. I manages level 12-2 which id excellent for my age and I ranked where expected if you were to go on peoples 5k potential.

I will be starting a slightly modified 12 week plan, taking the sessions from the 70-85 miles a week schedule but fitting in mileage where possible so will be more like 65-75. I think I need the harder sessions to build on the aerobic work I`ve been doing since the VLM postponement.
  • Quick check in, catch up.

Of the highlights since I last posted, well done on the marathon John, a decent hilly half from SQ, speedy LTs and MPs from Hamo, Mays 10k ft climbing per week from Jools ! More S London exploring from Cal.  Those beep tests are painful Millsy, apologies to those I've not mentioned.

Well done on giving the MP runs a go TR and AWC, I took one look out the window at the swaying trees Sunday morning and postponed mine to sometime this week, that aside, looking forward to a recovery week too.

Ticked over 2,000 miles this year so far at the weekend.  I'm optimistic I'll be able to apply it somewhere in the Autumn, I just don't know which race atm which adds to the excitement in a strange way.

• JohnOzJohnOz ✭✭✭
    Cal - hope you’re enjoying the return to running as much as I’m enjoying your write ups!

TR - good call and still a solid LR. You’ll still be well ahead in the fitness vs P&D schedule based on your recent sessions. 

AWC - great MP effort given the conditions. Agree completely about WFH, I haven’t been in the office at my new job at all since I started 5 weeks ago and not too bothered if it continues. Much more flexibility (a few lunchtime MLRs) and time with the kids, even if it does mean the occasional wandering into the background on a Skype call!

Jools - well done on the rapid 5k, quite a big chunk off recent times. The big weeks are really paying off. 

Millsy - always good to take some downtime and the beep test shows the fitness is still there. 

Macca - good to hear from you, saw you’ve been quietly getting in some solid weeks and some quick MP/LT running. 

Sadly my hopes were raised prematurely. I signed up for the HM on Sat and was looking forward to a return to racing. However it was postponed today due to their permit being rescinded after the sudden rise in cases down in Melbourne. The state border is also closing tomorrow, just shows how quickly lockdowns can reappear despite everything looking rosy a week ago. Will just have to continue rebuilding my mileage after a really easy week to let the usual post-mara niggles subside. Little chance of any big city marathons down here this year now. 
  • hamo44gfchamo44gfc ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    AWC...Lovely week of training, real quality in there. Good work on the MP in the wind.

TR...Very good run, just right switching tact and keeping the MP for another day. No point flogging yourself to death chasing it in the wind. Sensible on the cut back week too, you've put in some excellent work, so good idea in easing off for a week and letting the adaptions take place.

Cal...More nice exploring. 12 Mile is a long way to run so soon back, no wonder you felt it a bit.

Jools...Thank you, i'd guess that "officially" my 10k time would give me the highest ranking, or maybe my parkrun time, but i wouldn't be sure about the unofficial TT's i rattled off at the start of lockdown. 1200 feet over 8 miles for a recovery run is madness, class work :lol: Brilliant run for the (not) parkrun, as you say the 2k reps have really paid dividends for you there.

Millsy...Glad you had a nice down week. Good work on the bleep test, those things are brutal.

Macca...Glad to hear from you. Nice yearly total so far, hope, and quietly confident, that you'll get the chance to use it in a race this Autumn.

I had an interesting (not sure of the right word) weekend running wise. An 8 mile GA on Saturday, and a 16 mile 'long run', which i ran in a MP+15 to +20 range, so a steady run rather than an easy one, finished my cut back week on 83.5 miles. But the main thing that happened was I got a phone call from one of the coaches at a Belfast running club (the big city :lol:) which is probably, if not the biggest and most successful club, certainly one of the biggest clubs in Northern Ireland. We had a good chat and decided they could offer me better coaching (previous Irish internationals as coaches etc), teamwork (they are trying to get a 2.20-2.35 marathon group training together), facilities etc than my current club so i jumped at the chance to join them. It was a really tough decision in all honesty as i love my local club and have great friends there, but by there own admission, we would be quite a small "starter" club if you like, where as this new club win national team medals on a yearly basis, and have ideas on racing in England/down south etc more competitively. It is a massive step up for me, and i'm still quite unsure how i'll do (i'll certainly see a lot of my teammates heals in training :flushed::lol:) , but in fairness it was just too good an opportunity to turn down. Training with better and faster runners can only help me improve i think.
  • JooliganJooligan ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Not surprised you've been scouted Hamo: Congratulations. I'm absolutely certain that so long as you continue to balance the speedier work with real easy recoveries you have a lot more gains to come given your relatievly recent return to running & how well you appear to have adapted over the last 12 months to a huge increase in mileage. That International vest is beckoning B)
    That's a shame John but caution has done wonders for damage limitation in Oz so it's definitely worth missing a race to save lives.
  • Congrats Hamo, I can only echo what Jools says, the progress from an off the shelf plan has obviously caught the eye somewhere. Fully deserved and best of luck.

John - not so good news, hopefully they can suppress any spread - back to TM marathons possibly?
  • SorequadsSorequads ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Afternoon everyone. 
    Love the sound of that challenge, Jools. An outrageous amount of climbing!
    AWC - probably covered just under 5M, albeit with 7:30 of rest in there. Absolutely amazing week from you there. Nice one. 
    Well done, TR, for recognising the need to sack the session. Winning mentality in the long run right there. Big week anyway. 
    Another nice adventure, Cal. 12M is a long way in my current books. 
    Absolutely brilliant 5k, Jools. I like how you psyched yourself up and could draw on the recent sessions as well. Well deserved. That’d be worthy of some celebratory beers in my opinion. 
    Sounds a good week off, Millsy. Well deserved. I haven’t done a bleep test for many years. Reckon I’d be relatively poor due to the decelerations, turning and accelerations. Always my weakest point in a twisty parkrun. Sounds like you’re in good nick anyway. 
    That’s a shame, John. But the swift and decisive action should help. Seems like some French Zwifting has kept you going. 
    What a great opportunity for you, hamo. I’m so pleased for you. I reckon with that kind of guidance and support you’ll make even greater strides. Genuinely excited to see how far you can take it. 

Managed a surprising, albeit pleasing, 70M last week, including a second ‘Saturday squad’. This was 15M with 1400ft at 8m/m average pace. A similar route to last week, it came out a bit quicker. It did, however, feel tougher, especially the big climb in the middle. Thursday’s challenging session and some poor sleep were probably at play. Nonetheless, it was great to hit the trails again. 
    This morning it was brilliant to run with Spoons for the first time in many months. Lovely to chew the fat whilst taking in the sights of the river. A relaxed 5M at 9m/m. 
  • JooliganJooligan ✭✭✭
    Cheers SQ I had a couple of ciders Saturday night to wash down the Thai takeaway & another Sunday evening to wash down the reheated leftovers with added veg & burger :)
    Cracking week from you - especially given you're not mara training.
    10.8M with 1916 ft today & 3 segment efforts early doors CR, 2nd, CR so very happy with that B)
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    Good work all round jools, you are in good shape. Top work on the 5k.

AWC - agreed im up for a week of not thinking about LT or mp running. Although the wind is finally about to bugger off, so I'll probably do the missing mp run saturday.

Good to see you millsy, i look fwd to another smackdown one day.

Macca - 2000 up here today too. Dont think the wind derailed my mp run too much, it just wasnt going to happen, probably ruined myself on the LT run on Wednesday, and being too old for all that monkey business and then an mp run. I put in a solid alternative so no probs.

Thats a ahame john, no doubt we will have blips and spikes too.

Hamo - congrats, happy days. You'll come on in leaps and bounds in that environment. Do they set all your training ? Your present club will be pleasrd for you and understand, ive seen it with the youngsters cricket, sometimes you out grow your club and need a better level. You will be fondly remembered by your club.

Cracking week and long run SQ.

6m easy here, feels a bit taper-ish. But will no doubt do me good.

I saw paris has been put back to November, a november vlm would no doubt be a nice cool day.
  • Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that, John. I'm not signing up for anything just yet, although I did get an email from Valencia asking if I wanted to buy the training T-shirt, so that one looks promising. Haven't booked flights or hotel yet but will see how things unfold.

SQ, nice to run with Spoons - good 70 mile week, too.

hamo, tough decision but it does look like the bigger club can offer you what you need. Very flattering, too!

Jools, you certainly do some hilly runs. I've been scouting out South London's nastiest hills (there are actually more than you'd think) and am keen to work them all into a long run at some point but need to let the hammy calm down a bit...it was super grumpy after a couple of hills on Sunday, and those are smaller than the ones I've got my eye on.

Did a 6 mile walk yesterday and not much else. Made the mistake of having an afternoon nap and woke up very groggy so had some coffee (mistake number 2) so had real trouble getting to sleep last night. Tried around 10:30 but after tossing and turning for ages I put the light on and read for a while. Then what I assume was a police helicopter was hovering overhead for ages, making a racket, so I don't think I slept until around 12:30. Of course, I was awake well before 5 as usual.
    Body was pretty grumpy - I spent 40 minutes trying to foam roll and mobilise all the tight spots. It wasn't as angry as it could have been for the run but still quite niggly - I did most of the run at recovery pace before busting out some strides in the last mile. The strides were a calculated risk given the sore high hammy but it was the best I felt all run - felt better after, too. My body definitely seems to prefer going fast. 6.25 miles total (the last quarter was a cool-down).
    It's the EA virtual relays this weekend so wondering if I can get myself straight for that. I can skip it but it'd be nice to give it a shot. I've not done a 5K since my masters relay PB on my birthday.
  • hamo44gfchamo44gfc ✭✭✭
    John...Sorry John, i missed your post yesterday. Shame, but better safe than sorry i suppose, racing will come hopefully.

Jools... Thank you, cant see a vest if i'm honest (there is a lot better than me), but it'll be good to join a group of some excellent runners. Class return on the CR's in a 10 miler.

Macca... Thank you.

SQ...Thank you. As has been said, 70 is a big week when your not in full mara training. Nice group running, both on Saturday and yesterday. Must have been nice to get a run and catch up with Spoons. Speaking of which, hope you pop in again soon Spoons.

TR...Thank you. In fairness they understood and are happy for me. Not sure what way it'll work yet, i'll be talking to their mara coach today so will get a better idea, but i plan on finishing the p&d plan for London (fingers crossed) while dropping in and out of the odd session/joining in on group long runs. Nice easy running, 6 is bound to feel like a taper with all the miles you've been doing.

Cal...Thank you, yea very flattering and unexpected. I like you plan of working all the hills into one long run, Jools is rubbing off on you :lol:  Nice easy running and strides, glad you felt better after them.

Genuinely appreciate the well wishes, so thank you. This morning was a LT run, so 10 with 5@HMP pace. Got going, felt good, so decided mid run to push it on to 6 miles of effort, which came out as 5.06 (too fast a start), 5.13, 5.12, 5.14, 5.14 and 5.07 (pushed a bit on the last couple of laps of the street). Happy with the consistency, an average of 5.11 min miles over the 6, so a good morning all round, even if i did get soaked :lol:
  • SorequadsSorequads ✭✭✭
    Can’t beat leftovers the next day, Jools. Often tastier! And very tasty segment bashing from you. 

Hope the niggles and the sleep improve, Cal. I am entered into the virtual national 5k this weekend as well. Unsure on doing it at the moment. 

You’re in for a strong 10k at some point then hamo!

Buggy tempo light this morning, a repeat of last week: 2 x 20 mins with a 5 min jog. Paces similar to last week, about 7M/m and 7:30. Tough going on the hill. Good fun. 
  • AWCAWC ✭✭✭
    Hamo: massive congratulations and thoroughly deserved. Its exciting to see what impact this will have on your running, competing with the top guys in the country! Hope it goes really well. You gotta take these chances in life when they come along as you never know what's round the next corner.
    SQ: buggy tempo, blimey. Tempo is hard enough without a buggy - great session! Nice to see you and Spoons back out again
    Jools: nice segment efforts there. Smashing it!
    John: sorry to hear about Melbourne. I would be so frustrated if we went backwards down here. Really getting my hopes up about autumn racing now. Re WFH we are definitely going to implement it much more widely and I'll be making best use of it I can!
    12mi on the South Downs Way today taking in Old Winchester Hill and 1,400ft of vert. Was lovely to hit some decent hills again including some pretty hairy downhilling which was fun. Also love running past bikers on the climbs.
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    Cal - hopefully you'll find a bit of rythmn soon.

Hamo - its good that youll get some group sessions, you will benefit massively from mixing with other high level runners. That LT run was outrageous, thats around 32min 10k pace. Cracking.

Good going SQ, i like that sort of session.

AWC - top place to run, did you go up the east side to the fort area at the top ? Thats pretty steep.

12m easy pace here.
  • JooliganJooligan ✭✭✭
    Seems 12M is the order of the day round these parts though I doubled up to get there.
    Sounds great fun AWC & doubtless the hills will build your fitness quickly too.
    4.6M & 980ft before work up May Hill - local landmark visible & easily identified from miles around due to the ring of pines on top.
    8.3M & 1847ft after work just over the border in Wales. Up & Down Kymin along Offa's Dyke twice - dipped my hand in the Wye either side :) 
  • AWCAWC ✭✭✭
    TR: yes up the steep side - managed to run it all which I've not done before. Love it round there - the views are amazing. Also like the big hill down the other side to Meon Springs.
    Jools: some more great vert there in what I'm sure is beautiful surroundings.
    Just the 5 miles easy today at lunch
  • hamo44gfchamo44gfc ✭✭✭
    SQ...Nice tempo light, fair play doing any speed work with the buggy, excellent training. Why are you unsure of the virtual 5k? 

AWC...Thank you. Sounds like a lovely run on the trails, and you enjoyed it which makes it better. Top work.

TR...Nice MLR.

Jools...Nice 12 miles to fit in :lol: Both sound like very enjoyable runs.

15 mile MLR this morning on tired legs for me, which i suppose is perfect marathon training. I'm very tempted to try my hand at a track race at the end of the month. The NI open 10,000 metres is on and all signs are good that it'll stay on. I've never raced on the track before, so **might** do it for the novelty factor if nothing else. Though as it'll be one of the first races to happen up here the field is already looking pretty stacked.
  • Hamo - massive congrats mate, and couldn't think of someone more deserving of the opportunity. Been a delight to track your progress over the last 18 months or so, and the improvements have been monumental.

Keep up the hard work and the sky is the limit!