Monday 6th July 2020 - Lisa likes brandy and the way it hits her lips

Morning.

Lyrics - Lisa likes brandy and the way it hits her lips

Hope you slept better and feel ok today emzap but if you need more time off you do - it sounds as though your GP would have no difficulty signing you off.

Sorry to hear you had another fall RFJ -- glad it was a soft landing.

How are you today Wabo? Hope you're continuing to fight off whatever is trying to ail you.

Another bad night's sleep here and have had to drag myself out of bed this morning. Still windy though not as bad as yesterday (OH ad Els would laugh at me describing it as windy I'm sure). No running yesterday so I'm hoping to get a few easy miles in this morning as my legs usually feel awful after a day off. I'm not going to be able to run Wednesday or Thursday and Friday is doubtful so no chasing miles or anything this week. Hopefully even though it's going to be a stressful week I'll feel better going in to next week.

What:          hopefully a few easy miles
Why:           legs and head need it
Last hard:   not worrying about the things I can't change
Last rest:    16/6

Yesterday's lyrics - Keep Your Head Up - Ben Howard.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning 
    Lmh not too bad, but tired! Hope you get a few miles in. Great lyrics but I don't recognise them lol
    Hazel nice seeing you all virtually ha ha
    Emzap hope you got plenty sleep
    Rfj sorry to hear you had a fall but thankfully soft grass
    I did get out yesterday late afternoon with my mate, only 2.6 miles and I cycled the short way to her and back. We exchanged my herbs for her beetroot! 
    What a run to feel
    Why see what I manage
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    LMH - hope you get some pleasant miles in today, I am also intrigued by cider cake from Saturday! (Obviously...)
    OH - good work with the decorating but sorry to hear the stones are still causing trouble
    Chamolk - nice to see you, best endeavours at the moment I guess, you'll soon be back
    RFJ - take care and glad no effects from the tumble
    Chick - not really surprising about Hamburg seems the way of most of it at the moment. Not even sure we'll get a full XC season now
    Hazel - skills with the LSR
    Emz - sorry the party kept you up, at least they told you! I do feel for the youngsters.

What  - easy run
    Why - harder couple of days, so keeping it sensible
    Last rest - 20/06
    last hard - weekend:
    Saturday opted against the track and stayed local. 3km steady with #2 daughter then headed over to rugby/cricket pitch a couple of miles away. There is an approx 400m loop around the edge so did 400 fast/400 steady/300 fast/300 steady/200 fast / 200 steady/100 fast / 100 steady x2 with 400 easy between each. Had intended to do 3 reps but legs weren't having it. 8 miles all told.
    Sunday - easy long run over the fields , about 2 hours around 13.5 miles I reckon. Garmin has been dead since Friday (more shopping!)
    On the plus side, pubs have reopened!
    Walk with Mrs D on Saturday followed by a quick pint (sat outside, table service, people at least 3m apart)
    Saturday evening had a table booked at another pub, every other table empty, again table service, and everyone all very distant. Sunday lunchtime sat in the beer garden, again table service and everyone at least 3m apart (every other table removed or unavailable). All seemed very controlled, the difference I guess between local village pubs and the mass gatherings seen elsewhere.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Sounds like a good weekend, Dustin!

Take care, RFJ!

Thanks for the reminder about not worrying about what one can't control, LMH! Like the weather this morning! Another wet and windy day. 

What: short run, stretches

Why: easy running day...but not until the weather eases I imagine.

Wabo: Spurs???
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Dry but grey and windy here so far Alehouse - it was threatening to rain as we finished our walk but it hasn't materialised yet - it will probably wait until I head out for my run! Still struggling with motivation I'm afraid :-(

Sounds as though you did your best to support your local pubs Dustin! Cider cake: https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/charlecote-park/recipes/fruity-cider-cake
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Morning again!

What: 30 minutes easy running

Why: easy day. And I didn't get wet. Rather grey and windy, but not as windy as yesterday. Hopefully an hour tomorrow. 

LMH: I had an email from Biobank saying not required for the Coronavirus research.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Afternoon(ish)

Nice activity mix RFJ. Sorry about the fall. I hope you have some nice things to occupy yourself with whilst not at work.

Hope you are feeling better today emzap and if not haven't had to work.

Thanks for posting the recipe LMH, will take a look. Did you manage a dry run?

Great you could meet up with your friend Wabo. Enjoy that beetroot.

Like that you included the weekend pub tour in the last hard bit Dustin. Nice speed session. Annoying regarding the Garmin, if you can't ressucitate it it will hopefully be more fun than shopping for boring things like errm pants and socks? Probably more expensive though.

Good you managed to stay dry Ale.

What: recovery
    Why: Monday
    Last hard: Monday. My boss is in hospital for they don't know what yet (not that). Besides him being a decent bloke so not good news anyway, the gap could well cause problems if not filled quickly.
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    alehouse, I am dreading yet another game....
    hazel have a lovely recovery, I will enjoy - I love beetroot.
    Hazel - worrying about your boss, I hope he is ok
     Spotted first chillis growing - excited!
    I am just back from 3 miles, I really thought the heavens would open, luckily not
    Dustin I recently had an an old garmin fall apart  ( very old) I contacted them just onthe off chance it can be repaired and they said no it is too old a odel but if I send it back they would give 30% (I think) off a brand new one bought via their website.  Priced it all up and it worked out better than getting anywhere else.  Just in case? It is called a trade up.

• Sorry to hear about your boss Hazel. I hope it's nothing serious and doesn't cause you too much extra work.

I didn't quite stay dry Hazel but the wind was sufficient that I dried out each time I got wet.

I had the same Biobank email Alehouse.

Glad you stayed dry Wabo. Good deal with the Garmin - what did you go for?
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Garmin are brilliant with stuff like that, wabo. I broke a 405 way back when in 2012 (managed a spectacular face plant slamming my Garmin wrist into the ground in the process) and they offered a similar trade up even though it was totally my fault that I broke it. I had hoped that they might be able to repair it but it was beyond repair at that point.

Sorry about your boss, Hazel. Sounds a bit mysterious.

That sounds like a positive pub experience, Dustin.

I xposted with you yesterday, em. Sorry to hear about those noisy neighbours. People seem to be getting crazier by the minute... My colleague reported that numbers of people on public transport without masks are going up.

Sounds like a bit of a stressful week ahead of you, LMH.

More s&c done
  • It has the potential to be chicksta. Bet you're counting down the days.
  • No idea on lyrics .
    RFJ sorry times are tough
    Hazel...hope your boss is ok.
    Doing a little challenge of my own...missed virtual tiree ultra as wasn't really well enough at the time and had been booked to do real ultra in Sept which is understandably cancelled. So doing my own walking 35m over 5 days or so. Trying to keep to beaches/coastal paths but not always poss cos of logistics. Anyhow the miles are mounting up though today was a v it suburban as too windy to go with plan A.
    Enjoy rest of evening. Book and scrabble for me!
  • I went out later when it was very wet cold and windy and I was very slow but 3.2 miles logged.
    Lyrics no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Lmh a vivoactive 4s. Love it. 
    Oh nice miles
    Els great challenge and I love the photos