Tuesday 7th July 2020 - The windows are open wide

Morning.

Lyrics - The windows are open wide

Georgie Fame for those outside

Lovely photographs Els. Enjoy your challenge. Hopefully the weather is more conducive today.

It is still and dry here currently but we have rain forecast from 1200hrs and it's definitely not the sort of temperature you'd expect at this time of year. I'm sure some good weather would make things feel better.

What:          I'd like to do at least a MLR
Why:           Don't think I have the legs for a LSR
Last hard:   knowing I'm not going to be able to run until Friday at the earliest after today
Last rest:    5/7

Yesterday's lyrics - L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N. - Noah And The Whale.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: hopefully a MLR at least

Why: before the rain comes. Forecast is grim from about 10.

A win is a win, Wabo! Didn't watch much of it: the Wycombe/Fleetwood game was far more exciting!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Enjoy your respective MLRs, ale and LMH.

Great pics yesterday, Els.

Day 40 of s&c today. Beautiful sunny day but it feels a bit autumnal today. Only 14 degrees...

Right, going to hit my desk now. A boring construction agreement is waiting 💤😴
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭

Morning,

Dustin: Amazon have summer deals at the moment one was  Garmin Vivo? also if under 2 years old contact Garmin as under warranty.

What: 5.20 miles

Why: Achilles said yes(it said no yesterday)

Last: Hard Achilles

Lyrics Yes

I am also testing out if Achilles like the walk to village post run as did not walk on Sunday after 6.5 miles.

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning
    Oh it was definitely not exciting alehouse but as you say! 3 points. Can your team Do me a massive favour tonight please? Might watch. Enjoy your mlr
    Lmh hope you get an mlr in and enjoy
    Lyrics no
    What running with mate 3-5 miles forest
    Why Cos we can
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Chick hope the agreement isn't too boring! 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Ale , LMH - hope you get the desired length run in
    Thanks for watch tips, it's about 4-5 years old. Nothing lasts these days, I'll ask garmin
    What - supposed to be hills but legs were battered on an easy 5 yesterday
    why - trying to get into the routine
    last rest - 20/06
    last hard - today hopefully
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Morning again!

What: just 30 minutes

Why: rain. Getting fed up of getting wet so have moved the MLR to tomorrow, hopefully. 

I do indeed hope that my team do your team a favour this evening, Wabo! Will also be shouting for Watford to get full points against Norwich: my invitations to hospitality at matches are dependent on Watford staying up!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • I managed to avoid the rain Alehouse but it was close. Hope you get better weather tomorrow.

Probably more tech than you want Dustin but Amazon had a good deal on the Fenix.

Enjoy the run with company Wabo.

Not long to go now chicksta and hopefully you'll be given the go ahead to get back on your feet.

Hope your achilles continues to behave Poppy.

It wasn't particularly fast or enjoyable but I managed my MLR and the rain didn't really start until I was nearly home.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Afternoon.

Nice pics Els, thanks.

Good news on the dry MLR LMH, hope it will keep you sane until Friday.

Shame no dry opportunity for you too Ale.

Exciting document Chicksta. Swap with some exciting Excel files to look at?

No harm in asking Garmin Dustin, they seem to have some generous policies.

Hope the achilles likes the walk WP.

Enjoy that forest run Wabo.

Boss at least knows what's up now: partly blocked kidney artery results in high BP. Pocedure should fix it.

What: group run tonight, might meet them part way and run home from the end so not as long as full there and back and the round.
    Why: Tuesday
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics no, but had just closed the windows before reading the thread, strange.
  • Glad to hear your boss has treatment plan hazel
    Grand morning here and finished off my challenge with shortest but best walk so far with Peter and R. So good to be back on west coast of Orkney now 5 mile restriction to travel lifted this week! Nowhere like it!
  • Beautiful Els - and you're all looking very well.

Good to know what's wrong with your boss and what will hopefully sort it hazel. Enjoy the run with company.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    That looks lovely again Els, not jealous at all. Would even enjoy wearing a down jacket and a woolly hat! That cold? Good the restriction has been lifted if the situation allows it - 5 miles isn't much at all.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    You guys live in a stunning location, Els. I'd love to be by the sea :)

Good news re. your boss, Hazel.

Nice rain dodging, LMH.

Hope you can get a dry MLR in tomorrow, Ale.

Did your achilles like the walk, poppy?

Enjoy the hard work, Dustin.
  • Oops as my friend would say I can't see out as usual!
    It's a great place chick though don't have many hills and travel away always an issue...not entirely a bad thing in lockdown but my recent adventures meant a 2 hour air ambulance ride in 60 mph winds!
    Hazel...cool start then up to 12 or 13 degrees by time we were done...bit breezy though nothing like yesterday.
    Domestic afternoon taking rubbish to tip and such like. Lovely evening though...hope it's good for you all!