Thursday 9th July 2020 - Let's dance in style, let's dance for a while

Morning.

Lyrics - Let's dance in style, let's dance for a while

Heaven can wait we're only watching the skies

Happy Birthday Poppy!

Are you still not feeling well emzap?

I didn't manage much yesterday Hazel and it will be less today. Plans to run tomorrow may have been slightly ambitious too but we'll see.

Enjoy the run with company Alehouse. Another wet day forecast here.

Great that you have managed to use the time off running to such good ends chicksta.

What:           very little
Why:            back to the hospital for another investigation
Last hard:    not eating since breakfast yesterday/tolerating yesterday's procedure
Last rest:     8/7
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

Morning,

LMH: Good luck today if that is the word for day two at hospital.

Thank you another year older and no wiser;-)

What: 6.15 miles

Why: Because I can

Last hard Achilles

Lyrics:Yes

Bad start to day front door mechanism broken luckily it happened after I had looked for the moon and weather and not when I had gone for my run. Torrential rain this morning but all good just hope Achilles will be happy about it later!

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Have a good birthday, WP!

Hope all goes to plan, LMH.  

What: probably 40 to 45 minutes easy

Why: run in company with M75. First one since just before lockdown.

And it is of course currently raining. 

Lyrics: no
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    MORNING ALL
    Poppy happy birthday, hope you didn't get too drenched! Hope the lock is sorted
    alehouse have a lovely run with your mate
    lmh, hope you are ok and it goes well today 
    Emzap yes to challenges - lejog still on till NOvember.  5 mile handicap coming up, club is doing teams for Spitfire relay so I have to do 3 x 1hour runs by 18/7, then I have another one I signed up to, 300 miles by 13/9 for a gold medal lol
    Hope you are feeling better and good luck with teh couch to 5k.  My sons eczema is really bad so I feel for you!
    yesterdays lyrics,Red lights spell danger - Billy Ocean
    todays I don't know
    what: an hour run bit later (spitfire challenge no 1)
    why: mate was dong but blew m e out
    last hard: yesterday 
    last rest: 31/12/16
    have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Was just looking back: I started building my new path on 25th June...and it has poured every day since!

Not running until 9.30 so time for some stretches.

And come on Spurs this evening! After the last couple of games I might not bother watching, Wabo!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    And morning again!

What: 42 minutes with M75

Why: he arrived at 9! Not much stretching went on! Good run...and it stopped raining just before we set off. Largely off road and a bit puddly in places. River high and has gone over the lower bank.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    alehouse come on you know I will watch.....
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    I meant I might not watch, Wabo! I know you will! Have you run yet? Where are you on LEJOG route?
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    just back from 3.2 miles, little bit of forest and road and hills.  Very nice considering I was feeling very cba'd
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Happy Birthday WP, hope it has improved since the bad start.

Hope the hospital appointment today is bearable and you have been able to eat in the meantime LMH.

Great news about the M75 run Ale, must have had a lot to catch up on.

Sensible start after being ill emzap.

So many challenges Wabo, I should look around instead of moping around because racing as I knew it is off indefinitely.

Is it the big day tomorrow Chicksta? Good news on the hammies.

What: whatever I can do in the shade later
    Why: too hot
    Last rest: 30.03

Lyrics: no
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Best of luck LMH
    Ale - must have been good to catch up with M75
    Chick - I should take a leaf out of your book and resume daily stretching
    WP - happy 29th, celebrate accordingly
    Wabo / Ale - I'm hoping for a home win, as the cherries are just an hour down the road and they need the points...More importantly the "big" team I grew up loving (although most loathe them) need 3 points against Stoke tonight to help a return to the promised land...

re garmin - it is dead as a post. Spoke to my clubs watch expert who strongly recommended the 245.
    Then spoke to garmin who offered to replace my 610 for £60 or let me have the 245 for £180 (it's £275 on amazon). Gone for the latter as my covid lockdown treat having saved at least that by not commuting for 3 months. So sent back old one today, hope to get the new one the middle of next week...

What - 4 miles easy but with 8x100 strides
    Why - I am an athlete
    last rest - 20/06
    last hard - that was, still very muggy...
    Was supposed to be landing in Lanzarote about now for two weeks of volcano running. Boo Hiss...

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Boo hiss indeed, Dustin :( I think everyone's holiday plans need revision this year. Good news on the Garmin deal 👍

Hope you're ok LMH.

Happy birthday, poppy 🎂

Ale: nice run with your friend. I think we have your weather now. 14 degrees and raining all day.

Send me a bit of that heat, Hazel :)

Nice beating the cnba fairy, wabo. That's a lot of challenges on your plate.

Day 42 of s&c. And yes, tomorrow is the big day ... I'm a bit scared but mostly excited. My surgeon will have a hard time getting a word in when I fire off my catalogue of questions ;)
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Happy birthday Poppy
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Boo hiss to watching my team
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Dustin great news about the watch

Now my first claim club has sent a mob match challenge to my second claim! 
    That 5 mile course I did with my mate, took us 1 14 to get round and the handicapper has us down for an hour 🥺🥺🥺
    Got to do again but don't fancy going alone