Any idea when races will start again?

I've been injured for two and a half months and it's rubbish.  However just wondered if anyone has any idea when races may start. There's local half marathons planned for end of August, surely they wont go ahead will they?

Just wondered if anyone has any estimations on when events will start?  

Comments

• TTTT ✭✭✭
    Given the NY marathon was cancelled this week it is any one's guess. My HM for August (postponed from June) is now virtual. Given gyms are not open I don't hold out much hope for August.

The French seem to be positive the Tour  de France will take place, if it does I would say there are high hopes for French races after that (La Rochelle, Nice Cannes). 
  • Ian5Ian5 ✭✭✭
    Reykjavik have said they are going ahead August 22nd,Vilnius,Hamburg and Tallinn have all said yes for weekend Sep 13th so they are slowly coming back,depends if you are willing to take the risk and book further away races or not.
  • I think races will start when social distancing ends. What we need is the repeal of the Coronavirus act.
    Petitions here:-
    https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/315979
    https://liberty.e-activist.com/page/63721/petition/1?ea.tracking.id=Website
  • RunBritain have issued guidance for return of events. Hundreds, if not thousands, of runners can take part as long as socially distanced and a few other medical matters. Seems a bit lax when compared to what track runners have to do.
  • TTTT ✭✭✭
    IM world championships have been cancelled for 2020 (they were postponed till early 2021 but those races are now cancelled). So they will be back racing in July 2021. Given that Tri events can maintain social distancing and do staggered starts far more easily than road races I think we will be lucky to see races before 2021. Small, local ones maybe earlier. 
  • PaulMarshPaulMarsh ✭✭✭
    I'm still waiting for the local Parkrun to restart, but as from today, got a set back again. 
  • I really do not have an idea about the races because it is difficult to predict when races may start due to the ongoing pandemic and the associated restrictions in place. Maybe some local races may go ahead at the end of August, but this is not certain. The best thing is to keep an eye on the official websites of any races you are interested in competing in, as they will be able to provide the most up-to-date information.