Monday 13th July 2020 I wonder how you're feeling

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: I wonder how you're feeling
There's ringing in my ears

Even Spurs couldn't contrive to do what Leicester did, Wabo! And will have to get the map out to see the LEJOG route to show me where you are and where you are going.

What: an easy run plus stretches

Why: all sorts of niggles which I suspect are bricklaying related rather than running!

Hopefully it will have stopped raining by the time I get out.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Think I started this thread 3 minutes before LMH
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning..

Hmm think I'm supposed to comment on this one then?

Wouldn't run today LMH in that case. Save the legs for a run tomorrow.
    Isn't being lazy in my books as youv've walked anyway.

Great Lucas was able to visit grandpa emzap. Well done on the 13, the 16 will happen another day.

Fingers crossed regarding the rain Ale.

What: recovery later
    Why: enough done in the last few days and legs a bit achy from hiking yesterday. Too lazy to get up this morning.
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    lyrics oh yes I do
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I would say I am now close to appleford, heading to warrington
    Alehouse what happened with Leicester I couldn't believe it! I bet the niggles are the bricklaying! Sounds like it is coming on nicely
    emzap sounds like you had a lovely weekend
    Hazel enjoy the recovery

What: 3.3 miles with school buddy (we chucked in some running too) 5 mile handicap course at 11
    why: all arranged
    last hard yesterday
    last rest 31/12/16

Not sure what to expect for the run, I feel ok,just aware I have done quite a bit!
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    As usual , awol most of the weekend
    Chick- congrats on the mile, mixed news with the return to running set against the lengthy delay for foot #2 but you'll soon be back!
    OH - sounds like a decent Saturday with a swim, a run and behaving stones!
    Emz & Hazel - impressive miles, likewise Ale with the 5y best.
    Chamolk - ouch, literally! Hope you're feeling better soon.
    LMH - well done on the long run yesterday
    Ale - Griffin sounds much like the ones we frequent. I bet that beer tasted good!

Weekend catch up - Saturday 8x400m hill reps, hard going but picked a shaded route so I wouldn't wilt. 6 mile walk, interlude in the Falcon.
    Sunday - long run, which for me with nothing planned beyond XC is 90 minutes (about 11.5 miles). Stunning trails in glorious sunshine. Followed by a long walk with Mrs D (just short of 9 miles) with lunch at the Gamekeepers thrown in.  

Today - half hour S&C done, gardening and 5 easy miles later
    Why - Despite holiday cancelled, kept this week booked off work for some down time. First days off since 31/12 so making the most.
    last rest - 20/06
    last hard - yesterday I guess

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

All sounds good, Dustin!

What: bit of a struggle but just over 40 minutes d&d

Why: right glute is bad; left glute is worse! Struggling to push off on the slightest rise. The spiky ball will be used shortly!

Be careful, Wabo! You do seem to have done quite a bit either quicker or tougher terrain lately. 

Hope your knees are ok for whatever you decide, LMH.

And yes, you deserve an easy day, Hazel. 

Emz
    : whilst we lost the cricket was quite tense. Hope Lucas was tuned into TMS
  • It sounds as though the visit was a real tonic emzap.

Definitely due some time off if not a holiday Dustin.

Hope your niggles aren't made worse by your run Alehouse.

How did it go Wabo?

Just some walking for me today.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your good wishes, guys. I know there's a rocky road and of me but honestly,  I had no choice. My bionic foot feels so much better already :) it's the human one that hurts more no.

Chamolk: Ouch. I hope you make a speedy recovery.

Definitely not lazy, but sensible, LMH. And well due on yesterday's long one. B2b 20s are beyond comprehension for me. I struggled badly enough with that LR/MLR combo I did most weekends in the build-up for 2 Oceans.

Lovely you managed to bring Lucas and grandpa together, em. And 13 is a god distance.

Sorry to hear about your injured friend, Hazel. There's always an element of danger in the mountains.

Enjoy your time off, Dustin. I talked to my boss about hols but we're a bit short staffed at the mo and dismissed me by saying you can't go anywhere nice now anyway, can you?

A bit down the dumps today. I do miss my running :( Managed 1.75 miles of walkng today, followed by s&c and then I cleaned the windows and cycled to the shops. First time in weeks that I managed 10000+ steps.

Yesterday's lyrics: Somebody to love, Jefferson Airplane.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I was careful, I went wrong at a point so added .16 of a mile, and did it in another minute quicker.  Course PB
    Alehouse, I am chilling now and tomorrow will be short recovery.  I do feel good though at the moment.
    chick good amount of steps, it must be tough but keep strong.  
    dustin, busy busy, enjoy the week off - I bet you are glad you kept the time off

• Another swim and 4 mile run
    Stone behaving
    Daughter collected (planes scheduled to do funny things still - Edinburgh to Kirkwall via Sumburgh, Shetland making it 2h35 for a journey that normally takes just over an hour)
    Lyrics no
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

Running club tonight. Just over 5 miles with 8x 1min efforts, the fastest of a I did at 4:49/km pace.

That will leave me aching for tomorrow. 

Chick it's frustrating but you will get there.
    Ale take it easy
    Wabo good miles again
    Dustin sounds busy, nice to have the week off.

Have a lovely evening all