Wednesday 15th July 2020 - What in the world are we going to do?

Morning.

Lyrics - What in the world are we going to do?

Look at what everybody's going through

Els and OH have been quiet - hope they are ok and just enjoying spending time with R.

Hope chamolk is recovering well.

A grey, drizzly day forecast here but it's still so hopefully not unpleasant for running.

What:          easy miles
Why:           clinging on
Last hard:   being told it may be March before I'm back working face to face
Last rest:    13/7
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Weather: grey and drizzly and set to stay that way, which is fairly typical of St Swithin's Day! Rain for the next 40 days?

What: short run

Why: looking after glutes

Yes, LMH, seems as if it will be a long time before we will be back to where we were. Having said that I was asked yesterday if I will be available for work in September: schools are expected to be working almost normally.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning 
    yesterdays lyrics, smile like you mean it - The Killers
    Off shortly to run, pop back later!!
    Lyla (granddaughter) is 4 today, such a funny sweet kid she is
    LMH I am with you on getting back to where we were
    alehouse what a pain about the slab - hope not re rain!!
    I only managed 1.5 miles on treaddie yesterday, got back from a visit to son and din't feel up to going outdoors again...

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Hi again, not been on for a few days, afraid I am neither running nor training daily so hope that doesn't upset anyone out there! Plenty of walking going on though. Peter just out for a run now, his stones come and go trouble wise!
    R now back in Zurich, H here for a couple of weeks, it's one way to get to see your family this being ill lark though I couldn't really recommend it!
    Happy Birthay to Lyla, guess you can now visit her.
    Hope everyone is well. Had a lazy morning making brownies and bread (Jalapeno chive and cheddar) and attending virtual hospital educational meeting. Gonna do some yoga and go for a walk now.
    Lyrics - nope
    Have a good day all and hope recovery continuing well Chamolk.
    Cheated with a wee jog on Scapa beach yesterday, felt good but not so sure that Tarmac would!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    HI els, have a nice day - jog sounds lovely

What: 7.33 miles slow
    why: I fancied to
    last hard: taht was
    last rest: 31/12/16

Can't wait to see Lyla later, my oh has built her a small garden planter and I have got her fairies and a watering can (amongst other things lol)
    Football again  later alehouse, how this game will go who knows - nice running and I hope your glutes are ok, off to stretch myself!!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Enjoy the football, Wabo! And enjoy time with Lyla.

And all sounds good, Els! No rush though!

What: saw a dry window so set off...and got rather wet. 

Why: easy run. Glutes not right though. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Happy Birthday Layla - have a lovely visit Wabo.

Great news that you had a cheeky jog Els - sorry I was confused about which daughter was where!

It had turned from grey and drizzly to full on rain by the time I got back from my morning walk so I decided to bake before heading out. It had dried up by the time the cake came out of the oven (an adapted banana, date and rum loaf recipe) which was nice though it did drizzle a bit on me during the run. Came home more dry than not though.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Happy Birthday, Lyla. So glad you can see her, wabo.

Oh dear, LMH - that is not a nice prospect :( 

I must say that I am thoroughly enjoying being with my workmates. It's a different atmosphere. I still use the home office for particularly nasty translations where peace and quiet is helpful. 

Sorry you got wet, ale. Hope you can fix that glute. Do you have a physio appointment coming up?

Like your stealthy little beach jog, els. I very nearly ran across the corridor at work, wanting to grab something from the printer quickly and realised I'm not supposed to. Oops. No harm done I guess.

So, more of the same for me. I should probably use the bike more but the truth is I just don't enjoy cycling very much. A hard-core sweaty spin class yes, but road bike no. The gyms are open again but there are no classes and I'm a bit scared catching something. People breathe heavily in a confined space - is distancing and air-con going to be enough? Perhaps not...
  • I'm not sure how schools are going to work Alehouse. Are you happy to go in?

chicksta - my gym is reopening on 25th July and reading the measures they have put in place and knowing how large the building is (it's in an old mill) I think I will go and have a look outside of peak periods. It will just be the gym for me though - no classes - though the studios are also very large and they have reduced class sizes.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Evening.

Thanks for replying to that thread Ale and LMH. Great answers and at least Mr G. answered in a more friendly way.

Well done on the intervals yesterday Dustin.

Annoying regarding the path Ale. And another soaking on top. Some areas will have children wearing masks at school here, especially the older ones. Hope the glutes ease soon.

Happy Birthday to Lyla Wabo. Lovely pressies. You've done a bit of hard running recently so yesteday's short one was likely a good thing.

Doesn't sound very lazy Els. Good news regarding the wee jog.

Yumm more cake LMH.  That is a long time to work without contact.

No sneaky running yet chicksta. Understand the reluctance about going to the gym. Can you get yourself a turbo, even if temporarily or no bike available to fit one to?

What: rare midday MLR (18k)
    Why: grey and drizzly so no danger of overheating in the sun.
    Last rest: 30.03

Lyrics: no
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    evening all
    late birthday wishes to Lyla, hope she had a lovely day
    A day of domesticity here: weekly shop done in a near empty Tesco. Hazard of the face mask is that the glasses steam up, so I can't read my list! Heaven knows what ended up in the trolley :D
    Then painted the walls, glossed the doors and prepped the skirting in #1 daughters bedroom. More done than I expected. 
    Late afternoon the new garmin turned up, so took that out for a spin. Apparently I set a mile, 5k and 10k pb with it...6.3 miles over the fields 

Last hard - yesterday
    last rest 20/06
    lyric - not sure I do 

• Run up the hill this morning.
    No running yesterday, 6 mile walk was enough.
    "Carer 3" aka daughter 2 now in residence.
    One of our swim group swam the Pentland Firth today. 14.8k in 3h28.

• chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Thanks LMH and Elspeth - recovery seems to be going fairly well. Up and about around the house a bit more, still not been outside much. I think early on I'd been a bit unrealistic about my recovery and expected to be back to work etc too soon. Actually quite enjoying resting now than in not feeling as guilty about it

My gym opened again today - I'd been looking forward to going back, but that'll probably be closer to September now I imagine.

We had some rain this morning too ale, doesn't bode well for the rest of the summer