Thursday 16th July 2020 - One more day that I've survived

Morning.

Lyrics - One more day that I've survived

Another night alone

Song title (if not the lyrics) hopefully applicable to a few regular posters.

Glad you were able to run OH.

I think because it is no longer (usually) a large incision we don't realise quite what an assault on the body a surgery like that is chamolk. I hope you can relax and enjoy some down time. Hopefully you'll soon feel up to walks with the boys etc.

Nice midday miles Hazel.

Busy, busy, busy Dustin. You could try some of the anti-fog stuff that swimmers use on their goggles or failing that masks with a wire across the nose help. What are your initial impressions of the new Garmin? I can't remember which you went for?

It's a bit of a gloomy start to the day here but forecast to be dry. Doesn't feel as though it's summer :-(

What:           easy miles
Why:            health/habit/sanity
Last hard:    adjusting
Last rest:     13/7

Yesterday's lyrics - Everyday Life - Coldplay.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning
    Lyrics no but in intrigued so I may look them up
    What a pain Dustin with the glasses and mask, maybe try what lmh said. Think I'll just continue with online. 
    Chamolk, sounds like you're doing the right thing
    Lyla had a great day, she loved all her presents but particularly loved the pink watering can and immediately went to water my plants 🤣
    What 7 miles this morning (4-5 with mate) so I'll  do a couple before we meet
    Why I want to
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Morning!

Lyrics: no, but have me wondering as well!

What: a run of some description, plus stretches

Why: the plan is to run with M75 shortly. Will have to play it by ear, or rather hamstring and glutes

LMH: really not sure what to think about work in September. There will need to be a lot of "catch up" programmes needed for small groups, which will be safer. Haven't been offered anything yet and probably won't be until September so too early to make a decision anyway. 

Grey and drizzly here which does not bode well for the cricket three or four miles away at Old Trafford: if it isn't raining it is likely to be bad light stopped play.

EDIT: rain has stopped play here in that M75 and I have delayed our run as it is pouring.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning. Forgot to post yesterday.

Ran just under 5km. Oh took Lucas for a walk and I ran backwards and forwards past them. It's Lucas' new favourite game (being chased) and he giggled every time he saw me coming!

Not very summer like here either ale, hoping the cricket goes ahead.

Sounds like Lyla had a lovely birthday wabo :)

Have a lovely day all, is it the weekend yet?
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning.

+1 to is it the weekend yet? Actually is it still not time for lunch yet?  - hungry already.

Can imagine both sides enjoying the chasing game emzap.

Hope you have more luck with the weather than Ale LMH.

Mask + glasses is a pita indeed Dustin.

Glad Lyla had a nice day Wabo. Have a nice run with your mate.

What: some GA miles later
    Why: filling the gap between MLR yesterday and speed tomorrow.
    Last hard: not feeling guilty as have neglected quite a few things this week. Running and work and as little mundane things as possible.
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • That's really cute with Lyla Wabo.

It's brightening up here Alehouse - hope you get the same.

Nice that you were able to do your run as part of some family time emzap.

Hazel - don't feel guilty, we all need a bit of time out now and again.

Mark and I walked about five miles this morning and I was surprised by how tired I felt. My right knee is a little tweaky though not enough to stop me running on it if I wanted to - I'm just not sure I do and it feels very strange to feel like that. I'm just TATT and it's getting very wearing. Hopefully the results of the investigations (whenever I get them) will identify something that can be addressed but it could all just be in my head of course (the tiredness that is - there was a clinical basis for the investigations).
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Really hope you get some answers, LMH and that those answers imply how the situation can be remedied. My gym is quite big too and their first e-mails advised to book work-out slots but the uptake seems to be slow and only very few people are going so that one can now go visit without the need to pre-book. I may just check it out tomorrow, out of curiosity. 

Hazel: I thought about a turbo but my back hates the road bike and I think the recovery of my operated feet is enough to contend with :)  no need to kill my back (again). Nice miles yesterday. 

Resting is certainly a good thing after such an op, chamolk

That sounds like a fun thing to do, em :) 

Hope the rain subsides and you and M75 can run, ale

More exercises here. I am reducing my walking though as I run around the office too much. I easily cover my 10000 steps and my foot feels a little tight if that's the right word. No real pain but not quite right either, even though I have a moving box under my desk to prop me feet up :)

• Morning folks...after rainy start sun seems to be poking through. Managed wideford solo yesterday and mist lifted as I got to top!
    Lyrics sound interesting but no.
    Chamoik. ..good that you are recovering. ..make sure fully fit before going back to work though I now know it feels wierd having a holiday while signed off sick!
    LMH  lots of things could cause tiredness...hope not serious...meanwhile more rest days could be appropriate.
    Making a rhubarb raspberry and orange cake with them dregs of our rhubarb before going for a walk. Last time I did it was v tasty.
    Miss my yoga class on Fri nights was a great wind down after a busy day but a fan of yoga with adrienne too. And all their classes I was going to try when I retired.....will just have to wait.
    Sadly not even time for lunch Hazel....shame
    !
  • One of Peters swim pals/fellow doc has just swum then Pentland firth....another level of crazy. And then sea is teaming with jellyfish just now!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

What: just under 40 minutes

Why: following M75. We found a dry window...which lasted less than 5 minutes. Soaked before one kilometre! Anyway we plodded on and the rain eased for the second half. To start with my quads seemed to be doing too much work and it wasn't until around half an hour that my glutes started to fire properly. 

No play in the cricket, as yet, unsurprisingly.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Els the thought of swimming with jellyfish, fills me with dread!! Cake sounds yum though
    Alehouse glad the glutes fired up. 
    Chick glad you're going easy
    Lmh hope you do get some answers
    Hazel enjoy the miles today
    Emzap sounds great fun back and forth! 
    Mate blew me out but I'd already arrived at hers when I saw the message so I did 7 miles in the forest solo. Great run really enjoyed it.
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • I am having far more rest days than is usual for me Els :-( Well done on conquering Wideford. It will get easier now you've done it once.

Alehouse - have you tried doing some single leg bridges just before heading out for your run?

chicksta - have you had a bike fit on the road bike?

Well done on doing the miles regardless Wabo.

After a brief lay down I gave myself a talking to and headed out. First couple of miles were awful but my run gradually improved from there fortunately.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭

Afternoon,

Sorry been missing but yesterday was a rest day.

Dustin how was the 245 on it's maiden outing?

Wabo: Belated Birthday wishes for lyla and great miles you have picked up the pace:-)

How is Peter doing Els?

Hazel: Hungry head started early today hope you have had lunch:-)

What: 5 miles

Why: Just because

Last hard past 6-7 weeks with Achilles

Lyrics: Nope

Last rest 15/07

Achilles feels easier so winning the battle but not the war maybe a another few weeks.

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Hes ok ep thanks. Manged a stone paced run last few days...just feels a long time to wait and soreness varies.
    H still living in teenager timezone despite being 29..doesn't do mornings. I don't currently do late nights...ah well!
  • Swim (around wreck) and slow run around Scapa (5k)
    No jellyfish encountered today.
    Making the best of being able to meet up with extended swim groups meantime (likely will need to self isolate before surgery)
    Lyrics no
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Hi All, 
    Chamolk - rest and recover, you'll soon be back in the game!
    OH - sounds like a pleasant swim today!
    LMH - well done for getting out, but hope you get some clarity and answers regarding the tiredness.
    WP, LMH - went for the 245 and I have managed to work out how to start and stop the watch. There are probably hundreds of other bits and pieces for me to get to grips with like syncing to phone, uploading music and so on. Not that I run to music anyway. Trying to figure out HR recording next. 
    The vertical oscillation can wait  :#
    As for masks, we've ordered some with replaceable filters, I anticipate a few days into London town in the next few weeks for work.

What - 10k including 3 x 5 short hills on grass, 5x250m, 5x180m, 5x100m. 
    That's distance, not ascent!
    Why - pretending to be an athlete
    last rest - 20/06
    last hard - that was