Friday 17 July 2020 - Common love isn't for us

chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
Morning and happy Friday B)

Lyrics: Common love isn't for us
Don't you agree?

Day 50 of s&c done. Surgeon called me yesterday to confirm 27 October for foot number 2. Not optimal as we're just back from hols on the 26th but I simply don't want to wait any longer. And who knows if our hols take place. We're only going to Bavaria but if there's a new shutdown in autumn even that might not be possible...

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - On The Mend by Foo Fighters.

On the other hand chicksta you'll come back from your break tired, fit and ready to face the operation and get back to running in the spring.

I don't think I've used lots of the functions/information of any of my Garmins other than the first really basic one Dustin. Sounds like you have what you need sorted.

No date for the operation yet OH? Good that you've been able to enjoy some social swims and still get out for some runs.

It was bright and lovely when I got up but it's gone dull now. A nice day forecast though, warming up early, so if my legs feel ok after my walk I intend to stick my ultra vest on and go for a bimble. It won't be long but it's good to have water with me and wearing the vest seems to encourage me to take my time.

What:            easy miles
    Why:             the weather is conducive
    Last hard:     sleeping
    Last rest:      13/7

Lyrics - familiar but can't name that tune.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    chicksta good to have a date and what LMH says, makes sense
    LMH have a lovely bimble

What well my friend has not blown me out yet so 6 miles in company
    why: company is good!
    last hard: yesterday
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    oh and I have just passed through Wigan, approaching 400 miles now...
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Breakfast, Stockport market anyone?

Waiting for car which is being serviced

What: short run later.

Why: see above

Lyrics: no
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    lol I am not that far away from you now alehouse!!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Nice 6 mile run in the forest, did some old and new paths. 
  • Sunny but blowy. 7 miles done over Wideford Hill. Swim later.
  • Letter received from Aberdeen Royal Infirmary today ... but only to formally let me know that I'm now on the waiting list.
  • That's a good distance OH never mind the large hill in the middle! A little frustrating that you don't have a date.

Sounds as though you enjoyed the run Wabo.

Breakfast out Alehouse?
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Afternoon!

Yes, breakfast out... literally, LMH: market cafe, outside seating, table service, deserted. Also got a bus: top deck and the only person up there. Both felt very safe as no-one about.

Just a short gentle run today. Legs felt bouncy but hardly surprising as they haven't run many kilometres this week. Didn't get wet: reasonable day weather-wise but now very dark; floodlights on at the cricket not far away.

And well done Wabo and OH on their respective runs.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Guess you're right, LMH

I don't know what bouncy legs are, ale ;) 

Ah, that's not good news, OH. I hope the waiting list is short.

Great miles, wabo.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Agree with LMH chicksta. Xmas pressie for 2020 could be your new feet as you could be walking without the shoe by then? Difficult to see what might happen with the hols. Might trundle in the same direction myself but a couple of weeks earlier (Allgäu most likely). You are doing well on your steps.

Like the idea of putting on the rucksack to slow yourself down LMH.  Bit like putting on the fast shoes to do some speedier stuff I guess.

Nice to have a run with your mate again Wabo.

Breakfast seems a good way of spending the time waiting Ale. Good news on the bouncy legs.

Sorry you have no news about a date OH. Good run today and swimming yesterday. Kudos to your swimming friend dodging the jellyfish in the Pentland Firth.

Good news on the achilles WP, hope it keeps improving.

Enjoy your new toy Dustin. Nice hills yesterday.

What: recovery with strides.
    Why: junked the planned speedwork (tomorrow maybe), tired after work and lacking in mojo a bit.
    Last relieved: FIL had some scans this week after a blood test picked up a possible cancer indicator (2 x in past so a bit worrying). Nothing found at the moment.
    Last rest 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
     Very late visit from me..
    chick - great to have a date, start planning those spring races!

what - 8.5 mile walk with Mrs D on the South Downs Way followed by an easy 4 mile run. Very sunny day today so a bit pink round the edges..

Topped off with pub burger and a couple of beers.
    why - last day of “staycation”
    Last rest - 20/06
    last hard - yesterday

EA new guidance suggests we may be able to resume group training, will read the docs this weekend! Yay!