Saturday 18th July 2020 - From Northenden to Partington, it’s rain

Morning.

Lyrics - From Northenden to Partington, it’s rain

From Altrincham to Chadderton, it’s rain

Good news about your FiL Hazel. 

Sounds as though you feel refreshed by the time off Dustin. I thought that clubs had been able to train in small groups for some weeks?

What's the weather like your way Alehouse? We are having a day trip to Denton today.

Dull, breezy and chillier here this morning and my knees are a little creaky but I'm hoping things will ease and I can run some easy miles. We are going to the Dogs Trust this afternoon to collect a new dog. A bit of a complicated saga again as it's a greyhound girl who they said was a year old however once we'd decided to adopt her they told me her tattoo and a single email enquiry to the relevant place discovered that she's actually four and a half years old. Not sure how their vet could have got it so wrong especially as they supposedly err on the side of caution when ageing them and go for the upper end of whatever they think to be the case. The poor thing only ran her last race on 27th June too so almost literally straight off the track. Could be a challenge but I've done it before. Wish us luck.

What:            short and easy
Why:             all I'm up to
Last hard:     deciding whether to proceed with the adoption when we found out her real age (didn't feel we couldn't)
Last rest:      13/7
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning  - great news about the dog LMH. Strange regarding its age. Hope she will settle in well and looking forward to hearing more.

Nice outing yesterday Dustin. Hope the staycation has refreshed you. Good news about the group training.

What: LT intervals
    Why: lazy yesterday
    Next hard: that - bit breezy out
    Last rest 30.03

Lyrics: no, but waiting for Ale's report.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Morning!

Lyrics: yes. And yes it is damp. 
    Northenden: 2km away, being the next place on the Mersey;
    Partington: my usual place of work; etc. 
    Today's forecastL 

Hope your visit goes to plan, LMH.

Enjoy your intervals, Hazel.

What: half an hour easy?

Why: see how glutes etc respond
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • I'd best pack a waterproof Alehouse. Thank you. Did you get an appointment with your physio?

Sounds as though some strategic route planning may be required for the intervals Hazel.
  • Good news about your new dog LMH..What's her name?
    Brilliant sun here first thing...big black cloud just come over but had a lovely sunny day though windy yesterday. Stomp along final part of St magnus trail yesterday...v rough going with navigation issues but a confidence boost...I think!
    Lots of hogweed on final bit which isn't great.
    Supposed to be doing waffles for runners at lunchtime so hope it stays dry.they may get hungry as can only cook one at a time! 
    Hope manage to fit in bit of a walk first.
    Jealous seeing other folks walks and runs on the west coast and southern Scottish hills! 
    Hope all have a good weekend.
    Lyrics intriguing but no!
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭

Afternoon,

Good luck with new dog and road trip to get her LMH

What: HILLS I am back to my rolling hills 6-8 weeks after Achilles flare up.5.20 miles

Why: Because they make my heart sing.

Last hard: Achilles

Lyrics: Nope not a Scooby.

Achilles felt the best it has been since flare up so hills it was I took it steady aiming for 4 miles but ended up with over 5 as you do. I have lots hill fitness but so happy to be back. Only 1 rest day this week instead of 2.Miles for the week:28.5 similar to last few weeks which is strange but I have had 3 shorter runs this week, hopefully I can build on it in the coming weeks.

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Great news, poppy.

Excited for you, LMH. Hope she settles in quickly. Is there a risk she gets taken away from you again or is this a shelter and you can keep her for good?

Hazel: Relieved to hear FiL is ok. And I hope you blast those intervals.

Yum, waffles, Els.

Hope it stays dry for the cricket, ale.

We spent a totally wonderful morning by the sea. Arrived for breakfast and then walked almost 10k on the water's edge. My toe loved it ;) Left around mid-day when the hordes arrived. Will post some pics when my phone has recharged.

Dustin: I will need to learn how to run again next spring, so deffo no races. But I really hope that parkrun will be back on by then.

Yesterday's lyrics: Physical, Dua Lipa
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Busy day here.

Baked 35 cookies this morning, then did a 16.5km run, then walked into town for takeaway coffee and sewing supplies. Street party about to commence.

Run was great. Was feeling a bit dodgy so started with laps around the house but started to feel stronger and ventured further from home. Think I could have actually done a bit more but 16 km was the aim so went with it.

Yay for the dog lmh :)
    Sounds like a good walk chick but be careful!
    Hazel glad all is ok

Have a lovely afternoon all
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Well done, Emz...and not just well done on the baking front! Surprised you didn't comment on the cricket! There would be no street party here!

Chick: sound like a great day! No chance of cricket so far today: see below!

What: it was raining when I got up, rained all morning and then stopped around 2, so off I trotted, having done a fair amount of stretching and glute strengthening before hand. Legs felt terrible but I persisted...and then after around 3k the rain really did persist. Absolutely soaked...again. It has rained a good deal on most of the last 25 days, except two, apparently, and I can well believe it. So 37 minutes or so banked. And still pouring. 

Why: supposedly easy run but it was hard work at times, especially coming back in driving rain. Hope LMH found Denton was nice and sunny (it is about 6 or 7 miles from here), and enjoys the new acquisition. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Phone is juiced up, so here goes:

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    And happy feet in the water

• That looks lovely chicksta - I really need some time by the sea. No chance of her going back unless we're bad parents - she's from the Dogs Trust. i did know yesterday's lyrics - I've used them myself.

I hope the runners appreciated the waffles Els.

What is the street party for emzap? I hope the weather held. If the sewing supplies were to make masks please add me to the list............I tried to hand sew one but I can hardly even thread a needle now. The joys of getting old.

Hazel - she's Lola.

Alehouse - we drove through some heavy rain and were not looking forward to a soaking and a wet drive home but it stopped just in time for our appointment and stayed dry. Very grey at home now though.

Great that you were able to enjoy the hills again Poppy.

Lola has a very waggy tail, a (very unusual for a greyhound) mohawk about six or seven inches long - think Rhodesian Ridgeback from just behind her ears to the middle of her shoulder blades and a bald bum on both sides. Apart from hyperventilating the whole way home she travelled well, walks well on the lead and seems quite bright. Very clingy at the minute though she has finally laid down on the rug rather than insisting on touching one of us if at all possible at all times. Early days. I expect we are in for some interesting and frustrating times.
  • Good luck with Lol. 
    We had a lovely time despite the wind meaning garden table aka old painting table had to be weighed down with books! Cooking waffles one at a time a bit frustrating for more than 2 people though.
    Looks nice chick...Enjoy your break.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Lola is a great name for a dog, LMH. I  wonder how the first night in her new home will pan out.

Els: it was just a day trip. We're a 2 hour drive from that place :) should really go more often.