Monday 20th July 2020 Her name was Lola

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: Her name was Lola, she was a showgirl

What: stretches plus 40 minutes or so

Why: running with M75
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Haha, yes to lyrics 👍

Yesterday's were Seal, Amazing.

Xposted with RFJ yesterday. Really sorry to hear you're struggling at the mo.

Right, off to do my strength work. It's raining, so no cycling today.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Rfj sorry to hear how you're struggling, feel for you
    Chicksta enjoy the strength work
    Alehouse enjoy the run with your mate
    Lyrics oh yes, somewhere I've been in fact! 
    Yesterday was just fantastic, all my sprogs all together. We had a great day for Lyla. 
    What a run of some sort
    Why is what I do
    Last hard yesterday am
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning.

I'm glad you all had a good get together Wabo.

I have the Kinks in my head when i think about her name Alehouse. Enjoy your run with company.

How is your foot feeling after your walk yesterday chicksta?

Just one little crying episode from Lola last night and she settled as soon as I told her to be quiet which was good. Unfortunately after she'd woken me up I really struggled to get back to sleep and had a very rough night so I'm tired this morning so although the weather is good I think I shall have to keep my run short :-(

What:          short and easy
    Why:           sanity/tired
    Last hard:    viewing wearing a mask in a shop as a return to normality
    Last rest:     13/7

Lyrics - of course.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Lyrics yes for a change!

Mask wearing in shops becomes automatic after only just over a week..though I was horrified that my running friend says she stuffs it in handbag as soon as leaves shop and leaves it there til next time. I have to do it properly...wear it home straight into wash and hands washed! It's the way I was trained!
    Raining heavily to start but drying  up...Guess a walk but my friend and her dog have had to call off. Tesco first.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

((RFJ))

Have a nice outing with M75 Ale. Love the lyrics choice.

Shame you can't get out on the bike Chicksta.

Great family meet-up then Wabo.

Bad luck with sleep LMH. Agree on the masks. Not valid for us here yet fortunately but there are too many loud voices calling for general mask wearing in public and it is worrying me. Seems pointless if many do so as Els describes above.

What: short recovery later
    Why: hot and ran long/hilly yesterday
    Last hard: realizing yesterday afternoon I was looking forward to work this morning to keep my mind occupied. Not exactly enjoying it though
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no, not even this one :/
  • No running but nice long walk yesterday (9.5 miles along west coast)
    See how today goes ... as stone bugging me again.
    Yesterday's walk felt quite hard
    Lyrics no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

What: 8k. Nice and gentle. Struggled on a slight hill (riverbank part of Burnage parkrun) but managed a longer hill (side of Burnage Rugby Club) much better. 

Why: M75's choice.

Very grey; last day of the test match and bad light may play a part.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Sorry to hear that your stone is being troublesome OH.

Hazel - I'm afraid many don't wear them properly or clean them effectively and too many people seem to think that wearing them means that they no longer need to keep their distance. Not good that you were looking forward to work! Hope that whatever is on your mind is resolved quickly.

Els - it's not the wearing it as much as Boris telling us that we are returning to normality . It's not normal to need to wear a mask to go shopping.

It started off bright and sunny here but is grey now Alehouse.

• Indeed...vut Boris says will be all over by Xmas? ???? Who believes it?
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Indeed...vut Boris says will be all over by Xmas? ???? Who believes it?
    Boris does ;)

Did you guys not have to wear masks in shops previously? It's been mandatory here since March and quite normal now ...  I have reusable ones from Médécins sans Frontières which I wash in disinfectant. I also have a stash of throwaway masks, but I do prefer the other ones.

OH: Sorry to hear that. No news on the waiting list I presume?

Hazel: I hope work is not too bad. I'm looking forward to the office tomorrow too. Must be losing my mind 🤪 but I'm feeling really really restless without my running :(

The sun is out now but it's very windy so instead of cycling - which I hate in the wind - I did a 2 mile brisk walk in 30 mins. At least I worked up a teensy bit of sweat. Planning on cycling to the office tomorrow and maybe even going to the gym.
  • 5k run (drenched but stone played ball) this morning followed by lovely calm jelly-free swim this afternoon.
  • chicksta - masks in shops became compulsory in Scotland last week (I think?) and in England from this Friday.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Interesting - so people went shopping without masks until now? I'm really amazed how easily one adjusts to a new normality...
  • A few folk have worn masks for ages but  most folk in Scotland for last 2 weeks only. Have had pretty strict 2M rule in shops though and population density here means other places fairly safe. Been mandatory in airports hospitals and ferries for a while.