Tuesday 21st July 2020 - The sun is filling up the room,

Morning.

Lyrics - The sun is filling up the room,

And I can hear you dreaming.

Unfortunately from what I can gather (haven't been myself) the introduction of compulsory mask wearing, even though it hasn't started here yet, has coincided with a  reduction in social distancing, supermarkets removing the one way systems they'd introduced and no longer limiting numbers as they were :-(

I feel as though I have somehow missed summer - it's positively chilly here this morning - more porridge weather than the height of summer. Forecast to be still and bright though. Lola seems to be settling in very quickly - no crying when we left her to go to bed last night. Her new bed arrived yesterday (bigger than the one we had) and that definitely got the seal of approval though I was concerned for its longevity when she started trying to dig it up to nest.

What:               hopefully either a MLR or a LSR
Why:                weather is conducive and I have the time
Last hard:        remaining positive
Last rest:         13/7
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning
    Lmh I went shopping the other day and even though the 2m spacing was in place at the till, as I picked up my bags the next person was literally right next to me so you have a good point. It seems like people are almost back to normal which really freaked me out. I'll happily wear a mask the very next time I go! 
    Have a good run mlr or lsr
    What 5 miles forest with mate
    Why planned
    Last hard yesterday evening 3 miles towards oh on his way home from work
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics; no

Yesterday's were Copacabana, Barry Manilow.

What: a run of some description, stretches

Why: trying to get into a routine

I wore a mask in the supermarket on Saturday, as did all customers, but not many staff, surprisingly.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Quiet today? 

I would also prefer social distancing to masks in supermarkets etc. 

Seems you have made a good choice in Lola there LMH.  My aunt's dog always "made" its bed before settling in.  Maybe have the odd sneaky look in / under the bed every now and then to see what she might hide in it!  Hope the MLR / LSR went to plan so you could profit from the weather.

Enjoy the forest run with your mate Wabo.

Run and stretches d&d Ale?

What: group run this evening
    Why: Tuesday
    Last hard: going out for anything other than running
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Quiet indeed!

Not long back from my runHazel! Delayed until this pm as I wanted to finish the path then spent a couple of hours cutting back a large laurel. Finished my run then mowed one lawn, which was very spongy. Just over 40 minutes run, largely off road. 

Has been grey all day but the sun has now just come out. Now for the back lawn.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Hazel - I'm only really going out to run or walk. Would like to go to a couple of shops but can't decide if it's worth the risk. Enjoy the group run.

I don't think I'd have got myself out for a run after that lot Alehouse! Shop staff don't have to wear masks - just customers.

Hope you enjoyed the run in the forest with your mate Wabo.

I managed my longest run since 11th March - not sure that the knees are going to allow a run tomorrow but I live in hope.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Well done on the long run, LMH!

Didn't mow the back lawn as got sidetracked by picking gooseberries. And sun didn't happen either.
  • Run up hill this morning, swim this afternoon plus a bit of baking and weeding
    A nice day, weather-wise
    Lyrics no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Glad you got a long run in lmh
    Alehouse lots of work and run!
    Hazel hope you enjoyed the group run
    Lyrics no
    Hope all is ok oh bet it was a tough hill! 
    Forest run was good but my mate was bored so I took her off the main Track into the trails, she liked that! 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Late post from me.

We have distancing as well as masks in shops. Generally people behave well in the supermarkets - if someone is scanning the shelves for a specific item you wait or switch to the next aisle and there's tape on the floor by the tills to make sure people stick to the 2m distance.

It still stresses me though. Can't help myself.

Great news on the miles, LMH. And I'm glad to hear Lola likes her new bed.

I cycled to the gym this morning, chucked some weights around for 45 mins and then cycled to work.

So with the ride home it was 30 miles on the bike.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

Forgot to post yesterday, just over 9km with club and 3 X 400 m thrown in (200m of each lap up hill)

What: walking.
    Why: rest day
    Last hard: we have had very little sleep and Lucas has screamed all day
    Lyrics: nope

I have teething...

I also get the feeling people think it's back to normal. I am still very wary of going anywhere.

Have a lovely evening all
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    evening all
    Seems I've been absent from here for a few days...
    LMH - really pleased about Lola and of course your longest run for months. Knees will be creaky in the morning!
    EMZ - sounds a tough session (the 400s, not the sleeping...although having said that...)
    Chick - envy here of your beach trip
    and also envy at Wabo's cocktail party!
    Nice to see Ale out racing the M75s again and WP taking on the hills 
    RFJ - sorry to hear about the mental battles but hopefully the running is helping.

Weekend running consisted of an hour of steady trails on Saturday and a 2 hour run on Sunday. Light drizzle capped the recent balmy temperatures.
    Yesterday was 5 easy miles followed today with around 11k including 2 x 2.25 mile thresholds - all on trail. Found it a bit heavy going but pretty pleased.

I'll try to be a little more punctual tomorrow!