Wednesday 22nd July 2020 Memories light the corners of my mind

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited July 2020 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: Memories light the corners of my mind,
Misty water-coloured memories

What: half an hour or so plus stretches

Why: easier day as a bit achy after gardening. Off to the tip shortly.

Has your youngest heard anything re uni, Dustin? What are your club doing re training sessions? I imagine it will be a long time, if ever, before be get back to the way we were pre virus.

Very grey here and will be lucky to escape some rain; tomorrow's forecast isn't good.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Well done on the long run yesterday LMH.  How are the legs today?

Fear the return to normal (if ever) will be a long time as well Ale. What are you planning to do with the gooseberries?  (Yumm)

Good day of exercice yesterday OH.

Good idea to distract your mate with some trails Wabo.  Forest boring?

Great cycling yesterday chicksta.  Hope you didn't chuck a weight on that foot!

Sympathies regarding the screaming emzap.  Can't be fun for either of you, can you get out for a run to have a break from it?  Nice session on Monday. 

Nice running Dustin - trail threshold sounds tough as must be harder to get into a rhythm.

What:  longer recovery
    Why:  save the legs for some speedwork tomorrow
    Last hard: yesterday's humidity - thunderstorm directly before run and then the sun came out.
    Current hard: digging up the road in progress close to where I am trying to work - grrrrrr!!!
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: standard no
  • Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Distance by Christina Perri.

I hope you had a better night emzap.

Annoying Hazel - I hope they quieten down soon. Legs aren't too bad this morning.

How did you find it at the gym chicksta?

I'm not surprised you ache after yesterday's exertions Alehouse. Gooseberry fan here too. 

Hope the stone continues to allow you to swim and run as you please OH.

When I went to bed my left knee was quite achy, this morning it's the right. Hoping they will allow a short run though I'm expecting it to be slow.

What:           short and easy
    Why:            all I feel up to
    Last hard:    knowing whether the knees will tolerate it
    Last rest:     13/7

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    MORNING ALL
    LYRICS, OOPS shouty, yes indeed alehouse....
    Dustin the cocktail party was mad and great!
    lmh, hope knees allow the miles
    hazel exactly how can the forest be boring!! But we do have a 5k on the rides and a forest five that we seem to keep doing so the mixing up makes itmore fun!! Enjoy your longer recovery
    alehouse, enjoy the run and stretch
    what: 3 mile walk with friend a.m. then talking of run clubs, I am off to my second claim for a forest run in a group of 6 later
    why: they have just started this up, massively excited!
    last hard: yesterday am
    last rest: 31/12/16

my mate sacha is booked on to a different group later, both of us got on an 11-12 mm group, others were all full.  But I think This will be ok to start with and if I manage really easy I will try to get on 10-11 mm for next week.
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    alehouse  I meant to say, I was shocked by sunday's result too! But I did think Kane played well, more like his old self.  But leicester almost seemed to give us that game 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Well, I was talking to the window cleaner this morning and he said that it had not rained on just 3 of the last 35 days, and that he was doing a big day today as there was only 1% chance of rain. Well...

What: stopped the watch on 6.65k, but inevitably it ticked over to 666...

Why: went to the tip to get rid of a car load of greenery whilst it was still dry. Whilst it was there it started to drizzle. Thought little of it and ran nearby...and got soaked! Again! Got back and the window cleaner was sitting in his car: rain stopped play. 

Wabo: enjoy the group run. A novelty! And the Leicester game was a strange one. Leicester had something like 24 shots yet never looked like scoring! Wasn't happy with the Gooners last night. Looks like they may have helped Watford go down...and with them will go my Premiership hospitality chances I suspect. Might get something like Watford v Wycombe instead!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    ps on lejog heading to Lancaster
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Oh no, ale. Another soakin :(

Annoying building works, Hazel. I find it very hard to focus when it's noisy.

Hope your forest run was enjoyable, wabo.

Did you manage a few miles, LMH? Gym was fine. There was nobody in the changing rooms and showers and only 4 of us dotted around the large exercise area. A few more were using the machines but everyone stuck very politely to the distance rule of 3 metres and vey diligently wiped off the equipment they used. Shopping stresses me a lot more. Probably because there are more people to avoid.

Talking of the gym: I'm sooo sore today that I took a total rest day :) must have targeted different muscles. I just spent 11 hours in the office though. So that's another excuse to be lazy ;)
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

Lucas happier today though refused to nap so hubby's done a lot of walking today :joy:

What: 5km
    Why: easy run day
    Last hard: meeting hubby on one of his walks to hand over a key and forgetting to take one for myself so being locked out for 25 min!
    Lyrics: nope

Managed a better night as well. Got a run of 6 hours in. Better than the 2 hours I've been getting lately.

Run wasn't that easy but I've got a lot going on so being kind to myself :)

Hope knees are ok lmh
    Be careful chick!
    Ale, another soaking?!
    Hazel hope you got some quiet time
    Wabo enjoy your club run. Ours started up in June and it has been so nice
    Dustin do you still have to go into the office or are you completely wfh at the moment?

Have a lovely evening all
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Evening all, 
    Chick - impressive hours at the 'coalface'
    Emz - glad you had a better night. Still wfh, not sure when we go back, might start with a rota (week in, 2 weeks wfh). Nothing definite yet.
    Ale - Youngest going to Manchester and good timing too, today she got her (1st choice) halls confirmed and a moving in date! There is a zoom call about tutors/lectures/lesson structure in the next week or so. 

And another timely question. The track and some junior groups started in up to 6 athletes about 3 weeks ago. We've had a couple of tentative sessions for seniors and this evening I and two other coaches did a recce of the country park for a few sessions. 
    We estimate we could get 20-30 doing hills at one end away from the main footpaths (3 coaches , 8-10 athletes)
    Plan to do that next week. Main issue is parking & warm up/cool down. So we're suggesting the country park as there are 3 parking places at 3 different entrances or it's an easy mile from some of the town car parks. 
    The village club we're aiming for a double set on Monday , 10-15 at each (two coaches) with a 15 minute clear off / arrive in the middle. Will be shorter, 40 minutes, but again hoping people run there & back as warm up/cool down instead.

What - A few easy hills reps with some pals followed by an easy 5k around the park
    Why - recce, recovery
    last rest - 20/06
    last hard - today wasn't a walk in the park (well some of it was!)
    My first run NOT from my back door since the end of March