Thursday 23rd July 2020 - I remember all of the things that I thought I wanted to be

Morning.

Lyrics - I remember all of the things that I thought I wanted to be

Too much work chicksta! The changing rooms and showers aren't in use when my gym reopens.

Sounds as though you are looking forward to resuming some of your coaching Dustin. 

Glad you managed a bit more sleep emzap - I hope last night was even better.

My knees did allow a run yesterday and it got better as I went but I erred on the side of caution and kept it short. Was sort of planning a MLR today but I'm very tired and it's a grey morning. I know I'll feel worse if I don't go out but I will just see how I feel once I get going.

What:           probably short and easy
Why:            see above
Last hard:    finding something to look forward to
Last rest:     13/7
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were "The Way We Were", Barbra Streisand, and much covered.

What: 30 to 40 minutes easy

Why: possibly running with M75

Grey, and forecast is none too promising.

That's a long work day, Chick! No idea when the uni's fitness suite will re-open. 

All sounds very well organised on the return to group running front, Dustin!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Decorator coming today to do work on new bedroom (moving to back of house)
    So I'll get out later
    Loved the club run last night with the run leader who didn't know me clearly thought I was a new runner and kept giving me tips! Got me round in a good time with some pr segments
    The pace was 11-12 mm but our average was under 11. The other 3 on the group had all missed their pace slots so jumped onto this one, good for me though because they will pull me round!
    What might attempt a 5k for a virtual mob match
    Why needs to be done before 26/7
    Last hard last night
    Last rest 31/12/16
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    I did mention I'd been streak running for nearly 4 years and as the leader had been running for 9 I think she guessed she'd run for longer! Didn't have the heart to tell her I've been running 28 years. To be fair she did help me get up hills etc so we're never too old to learn 🤣
  • Glad you enjoyed running with the new group Wabo.

Similar weather here Alehouse.

Just back from Lola's walk. I'm tired and my right knee is very creaky - should really rest but finding it difficult to make that decision.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately although we slept ok, Lucas woke up covered in blood. He'd scratched himself so much it had bled everywhere. Luckily he seems ok now but a bit of a fright!

Hope your knees are ok lmh.

That made me laugh wabo!

What: a walk
    Why: rest day and need to take them with everything going on
    Last hard: poorly boy
    Lyrics: familiar...

Have a lovely day all
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

What: pleasant but over-dressed 35 minutes with M75

Why: thought it was going to rain, but it didn't. Sort of length run that M75 wanted, and fine by me. 

Poor Lucas; eczema I presume. Does he wear cotton mittens to sleep in? Seemed to help my eldest. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Pain put off plans for walk yesterday morning but managed a nice swim at lunchtime followed by 6 mile run in afternoon.
    Swim planned at lunchtime again today and hopefully short run at some point.
    Low mist and rain.
    Lyrics no.

Have now got date for surgery (13th for 14th) with mandatory self isolation for me and Elspeth for 2 weeks before and advised 2 weeks afterwards.

Lovely day yesterday
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Looks gorgeous oh. Glad surgery is now scheduled.  Fingers crossed it works this time.

Ale he just takes them off. He also can't get to his thumb so that creates other problems :joy:
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    For once it doesn't look as cold as it usually does, OH ;) Hope that constant pain doesn't wear you down too much. You look rather happy in that pic :)

Em: That's scary indeed. Is there some cream that may help?

Wabo said:
    I did mention I'd been streak running for nearly 4 years and as the leader had been running for 9 I think she guessed she'd run for longer! Didn't have the heart to tell her I've been running 28 years. To be fair she did help me get up hills etc so we're never too old to learn 🤣
    Brilliant :D

LMH: When our gyms re-opened in May the changing rooms and showers were off limits too. They've only changed that recently. I wouldn't have gone in without the possibility to shower - can't do that to my colleagues ;)  Hope your knees and energy levels allowed an MLR. 

Ale: I'm used to those long days and if I look around and see people being furloughed I'm quite happy that my team is so busy. I guess I would be a bit more annoyed if I was training properly but the way things are I use work to tire me out :)  Nice run with M75 and without rain :+1:

Dustin: Resuming that coaching work seems rather complicated. I hope people stick to the rules and not use the nearest carpark all at once ...

Still a bit sore but I did nearly an hour of exercises earlier. 

Lyrics are somewhat familiar but I have to say no for now. 
  • Looks lovely OH. Glad you don't have to wait too long for the surgery. I hope the self isolation isn't too wearing, four weeks is a long time (assuming it's not leaving home at all?).

No MLR for me today chicksta. I probably did more than I really should with the very short run I managed. Do you not have showers at work?

It has stayed dry here so far too Alehouse but heavy rain now forecast for this afternoon.

Poor Lucas - and poor you emzap. Glad you managed some sleep at least.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Ups to locking yourself out emzap.  Glad you got more sleep.  Poor Lucas - teething and scratching.

Seems you have training sussed out Dustin.  Bet you were glad to see a different training route after all those months.

Sensible not to try the MLR today LMH.   

At least not another wetting then Ale.

Nice group run Wabo.  28 years is a long time.. Hmm.  think I'm on to half of that now.

Good news you have your surgery date OH.  Not so great about the self-isolation.  Hope it means you aren't stuck inside but just have to avoid contact with others.  Lovely swimming pic - especially the colour of the water and the smiles.

Better to be busy than not enough work for sure Chicksta.  11 hours is a lot though.

What: 5 x hard around a field with run to a prominent plan recoveries (around 1km and 3 mins) pre breakfast
    Why: this week's speedwork, another hot and humid day so needed it done early
    Last hard: getting up earlier for that - was fine once going though
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    me again
    glad that made you chuckle peeps.  It was so funny and her parting words were, keep up the running every day, lol!
    Emzap that reminds me so much of my son as a boy!! His skin is really bad now actually.
    hazel nice running - it is a bit warm here too so I am glad i got out this morning
    OH that water looks lovely!! Glad you now have a date for the op
    LMH hope your knees are easing up
     I did a long warm up and the 5k on the rides (not flat) in 32.33, cannot say how good a run it is as Garmin connect is down so I can't see my segments etc on Strava and i never remember times! It felt hard and I did a nice long cool down too
    have a good evening all
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    just checked and it was about 80 secs slower than my best this year, not surprised really as last night's run would have affected that!
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    OH - looks "refreshing" , glad you have a date for the Op
    Wabo - sounds good with the new group
    Hazel - good session!
    LMH - at least you got out, being sensible at least!

What - something now
    Why - been working since stupid o'clock and need to stretch the legs
    last rest - 20/06
    last hard - limiting work hours