Saturday 25th July 2020 - I was bruised and battered

Morning.

Lyrics - I was bruised and battered

I couldn't tell what I felt

That's good Els.

Glad you were able to get out OH. Hope the weather doesn't stop you making the most of your last few days of freedom but knowing you I'm sure it won't.

I had a rough night - discovered a few more sore bits when I tried to find a comfortable position to sleep in, including bruised coccyx and a few grazes at the bottom of my spine, must have been moving fast to have hit the ground so hard with so many different bits of me :-) Stiff and sore this morning with a swollen left ankle being the worst of it only it's not my ankle per se but the 
lateral malleolus which is also red. I hope that a slow walk with Lola will ease things a bit.

What:            nothing
Why:             see above
Last hard:     the road
Last rest:      13/7 
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no, but obviously appropriate!

Sorry to hear that things are worse than you first thought, LMH. Hope a walk loosens things up. 

What: whatever the legs decide, plus stretches

Why: very achy, from gardening. Dangerous pursuit. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Ibuprofen and magic cream made the walk possible though I was slow. Things aren't too bad on the flat with a level surface but uneven ground and any kind of step up and down is quite difficult/painful. Gardening is definitely a dangerous pursuit for a runner :-) Hope you feel better for your stretching.
  • An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    See how day goes ...
    Windy and very wet
    Stone sore
    Lyrics no

Gardening may be one of the few options  for me next week.

Healing vibes to LMH
  • Sorry to hear that your stone is being troublesome today OH. I hope it settles quickly. Sunshine and showers so far here today but forecast to deteriorate.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

What: stretches plus 68 minutes off road d&d

Why: I asked myself that several times today. Not the best of runs. Probably over-dressed and dehydrated. Hamstrings and quads doing too much work on the slightest rise. Bank it and move on!
    Stayed dry until 500 metres from home when the heavens really did open. Surprisingly 3 or 4 miles away they are playing at the test match. Wouldn't be here!

Hope your day improves, OH

Keep moving, LMH
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all

Lmh sorry you felt worse today, it's usually the way. Glad you got a walk in though
    Alehouse nice running! Agree about gardening, I do more of that these days and quite often wonder why I have this ache or that ache! 
    Oh poor you with that stone! 
    What 6 miles mixed it up in the forest with my mate
    Why keep doing same routes, this one was hilly!! 
    Last hard that was
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Do about 4 tomorrow for a 30 mile week. July best miles has already been smashed 
    Watching cricket doing me knitting and checking out Banana chocolate cake recipes, you have to laugh!!!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Where's poppy? 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Afternoon..

Can't answer that but hopefully just busy and otherwise ok.

Sorry to hear about the fall LMH, ouch. Take it easy.

Gardens are nice but also a lot of work.

Hope the stone quietened down OH. Thanks for the pics.

Nice pic also yesterday Els. Great news you done a run.

Good July mileage Wabo and still a week to go. Cake sounds nice. What are you knitting?

What: gentle cycle this afternoon to sample a farm's ice cream (around 15 miles), short recovery later this evening
    Why: too warm for much else /not overdoing the mileage
    Last hard: everyday mojo
    Last rest: 30.03

Lyrics: no
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a perfect day out, Hazel. Very hot here too.

Great news, Els. Not so great re. Peter's stone :(

Sorry to hear you discovered another couple of sore body parts, LMH. I agree with wabo - it's usually worse the day after. Fingers crossed it calms down a bit tomorrow.

Oh yes, ale. Gardening is hard work and dangerous. Well toughed out on today's run. It's those rough ones that make us better :)

Busy bee, wabo :) and t nice July miles.

Another long day in the office yesterday. Glad it's the weekend now. We have guests today so I had a lot of shopping to do but I went early and got most of the stuff from the deli rather than the supermarket which means more money but less people and no stress.

Had to laugh yesterday when I told my boss that physio for my foot would start on Tuesday. He looked at me and said "Physio?? What for? You've been rushing around like you always do for more than 2 weeks now" :D. Guess he's right. I really need to pull myself together and not break into a running stride. If I read how long other people are in pain for post op I can count myself lucky I guess.
  • That sounds like a nice day out Hazel - definitely not ice cream weather here.

Wabo - I have a couple of tried and tested banana and chocolate cake recipes, let me know if you'd like them.

Less people and no stress is definitely the way to go where possible chicksta. How often will you be having physio?

I'm much better for keeping moving though my ankle is a bit worryingly red with localised swelling.. Lola has come out in sympathy with a stiff back leg which she's limping on noticeably when she first gets up :-(
  • Swim around wreck (400m), pain free while swim lasted.
  • So you just need to keep swimming then OH? :-)
  • After my hospital experiences I keep telling him ice packs are good for pain!! 
    Chick...physio lost interest in me when found I could go up and down stairs with ease. Less easily deterred was the OT who wanted to watch me have a shower. I declined...I'm shy and had been showering with no prob from day 1  settled for kitchen practise instead!
    Lm&H sorry about all the injuries! Hope Lola is ok too.
    4.2 mile wet run this morning and wideford hill walk with a friend this afternoon.
    Rain is eventually settling...Might be a fine evening. 
    Trying to cram lots of activity in before isolating from Thurs. ...also need to shop for several weeks next week.
    Enjoy evening folks.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

What:14km done this morning, walk this afternoon
    Why: long run day, had booked NT tickets
    Last hard: sleeping
    Lyrics: familiar

Yesterday's were Jerk it out - Caesars.

Run was quite good.  Saw 2 people I knew near the start, so ran the 1st 2 km with them.  Then off up the beautiful but evil hills.  Started raining at about 5km.  Then got heavier and heavier.  At one point, it was so heavy my contact lenses were threatening to wash out of my eyes.  I was drenched by 5.5 km and my OH offered to come and collect me!  Kept going though and ran the whole way back.  Had to undress in the porch as I was so wet!  

Then off this afternoon to Croome Court for a walk.  Beautiful grounds if anyone is ever Worcester way.  Slice of cake (obligatory at NT properties!) then off home.

Hope you're not too sore tomorrow LMH.  Did you get the name of the guy who's dog knocked you over?  Hope Lola is also better soon. 

Wabo well done for getting out yesterday.  Did you make the most of your evening?

Yes, where is Poppy?

Chick that made me laugh about your boss!

OH hope the pain eases.  Lovely photos as always.

Ale the cricket is looking good.  The commentary is making me laugh a lot!

Dustin good you don't have to go in and fingers crossed they don't change that too soon.

Have a lovely evening all.