Sunday 26th July 2020 - No matter what goes wrong

Morning.

Lyrics - No matter what goes wrong

You'll never be alone, baby

Another run Els :-) I was thinking, you shouldn't need to isolate as it's OH that's going to the hospital or do they ask you both too?

emzap - sounds like a good day apart from the soaking. No I didn't get the man's name. Annoying/frustrating as it was/is it was an accident.

Lola doesn't seem as stiff this morning which is good as I was worried she'd be worse after being inactive overnight. Definitely seems happy enough in herself though I'll keep her on short walks for a few days. I'm not as bad as yesterday morning either but didn't sleep well again and malleolus and knee are still swollen so doubt I'll be doing much :-(

What:            probably nothing
Why:             see above
Last hard:     the road
Last rest:      25/7

Yesterday's lyrics - Streets Of Philadelphia - Bruce Springsteen.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning,

Sorry been mia I had a bug so been out of sorts but ran yesterday and already run a short one as first time since before lockdown Aberafan here I come FLAT running😁
    Pooh I  missed Bruce lyrics😕 can we have them again😁

What 2.5/ about 4 miles hopefully
    Why because
    Last hard Achilles
    Lyrics nope

Have a good day .
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: easy run, stretches

Why: yesterday was a harder day

Forecast is very patchy, again. 

Decent long run yesterday, Emz.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Quiet!

What: about 35 minutes steady running; stretches to follow

Why: to bring up the highest week for years (54+k). Hadn't really kept an eye on the figures this week so it was a bit of a surprise! Suspect, however, that July's figure will be a little short of June's due to cut backs because of the glute and hamstring niggles.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Quiet today...

Good to have you back, poppy. And great about being able to go and do some flat running.

Nice long run yesterday, em. Apart from the soaking that is.

Glad both you and Lola are a bit better, LMH.

Els: an OT that wants to watch you taking a shower sounds dodgy ... I'd have refused as well!

Thundery and rainy here all day. So more of the same s&c stuff. I'm hoping to reintroduce some cardio in the next few days. It's about time. Spnining bike and elliptical should be ok.

I dreamt about running last night. It felt so good ... And it wasn't one of these weird forgotten kit dreams I usually get in the build-up to a race :)

Apt lyrics today. RIP Peter Green.
  • Chick...she was nice but didn't think it was necessary!
    I hate those dreams when you're injured and dream about a run then wake up and still can't! 
    Hope bruises etc settling LMH
    Up wideford with 4 running friends...first run in company since beginning lockdown
     They were very kind and kept the pace down for me then I headed back home they have another hill and a lot of trail to do...brilliant day for it!
    Hope it's nice for everyone else. Will probably have a walk later too.
  • That looks lovely Els. I'm definitely not as stiff and sore as I was yesterday thanks.

I know it seems like a long way away but you'll be running soon chicksta.

That is surprising given your niggles Alehouse.
  • Yes we both have to self isolate or isolate from each other in the house which would be wworse/impractical.
    Not looking forward to the tesco shop beforehand!
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Well that was a great run in torrential rain and it was bouncing of the ground truly Welsh rain and me in my Skort....which I had to leave on so a wet seat in the car.I did not run the steps as I normally do think that may have been a step too far with Achilles:)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    All sounds good, Els, re running. Less so re isolating!

LMH: re distance, I think what has happened as a natural matter of course, is that my shorter runs have gradually increased over the last three or four months from 15 minutes to 20, to 30 and now 35. The extra ks soon add up. 
  • Els - can you not click and collect or do your Tesco not do that?

That's a good way to do it Alehouse. 

I can now walk downstairs a leg at a time instead of a step at a time. Hoping to be able to try a short run tomorrow though the forecast is foul.
  • Better day today.
    Run up hill (solo) in glorious sun.
    Post  lunch swim in torrential rain.
    Sunny again this afternoon.
    All running hard but felt a bit easier today.
    Lyrics no

Tesco not had any available slots since the beginning of lockdown! Some of the smaller local shops have been helpful however.

At least we'll not be alone in our 2w lockdown, though maybe the palest skinned.
  • Knowing how well thought of you are and how much you contribute to the community OH I'm sure there are lots of people who would happily help you out - I'm also sure that like me you wouldn't want to ask! Good to hear that the stone allowed a run and that it felt easier.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    WP- glad to see you back after the bug
    LMH - sounds like the tumble was more damaging than first thought so take it easy (I know you will!)
    OH - glad that the swimming is pain free and the running is possibly easier? 
    Els - sounds a nice run, going with pals always a good thing too
    Ale - nice work on the offroad run
    I also believe RFJ is puffing out candles today, so many happy returns.

Yesterday hit the track for the first time since March
    2x800, 4x400, 8x200. The splits told a sorry story, but at least they were all consistent
    Today was 1h40 easy on trails, it felt anything but, legs still battered.
    Also walked 7 miles (with obligatory stop for lunch and beer halfway round) yesterday, and seemed to manage to do the same today, albeit only 5 miles...

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    All sounds good, Dustin! I imagine that the track was a shock to the system!

And many happy returns, RFJ! Have a good year!
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening all

What: walk into town for cake and coffee, then walk home to eat/drink said cake and coffee in garden with friend (who also lived in Germany with us, and now lives here!)
    Why: see above
    Last hard: I'm cream crackered!
    Lyrics: nope

Sorry to hear you've been ill Poppy, glad you're better now.
    LMH hope you're even better tomorrow
    Els, beautiful!  Looks like you had much better weather than us today!
    Ale great kmage
    RFJ happy birthday :)
    Great track Dustin

Have a lovely evening all 

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    yes dizzy heights of 52 today, thank you :-) Had a very special day with two surprise visits and a running / church zoom session which was fun. a real lift in these dark days )(medication has been upped again, and likely to be signed off for at least a further 4-6 weeks.....

Birthday run of 4m with Jnr, following yesterdays good not parkrun of 25:00, which given my recent form I am very happy with.

Thanks all and take care
  • 2nd swim this evening

• Happy birthday RFJ...sounds like a good day!
    All in all all good day here finishing with pizza on Evie beach...there is a fantastic sourdough pizza Bistro there...only doing take away currently.  Not many evenings warm enough for that here!
    Track sounds hard Dustin. Not doing hard currently.