Monday 27th July 2020 - And if my heart's had wings,

Morning.

Lyrics - And if my heart's had wings,

I'd be the bird that sings,

Glad you had a good day RFJ.

You look more appropriately dressed than OH Els! Pizza on the beach sounds lovely.

Sounds like a nice day emzap.

Track sounds tough Dustin - any sign of a return to athletic events (track racing) for you? I know the EA guidelines allow it with some conditions but not sure how much of a take up there's been.

Lola seems to be moving a bit better this morning which is good. My ankle and knees are still rather stiff and sore. I shall see how I feel after Lola's walk but there doesn't seem much point in risking setting myself back - it's not as though I have a target race on the horizon. I'm running out of books and can't do much in the way of cleaning with the various achy, sore bits. Baked yesterday so no cake required either. A shame I can't sew.

What:           probably nothing
Why:            still suffering from my fall
Last hard:    recovering
Last rest:     26/7

Yesterday's lyrics - Nothing Without You by Fleetwood mac.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning: 

Lyrics: don't know

What: don't know

Why: torrential rain. Actually will run at some stage this morning but don't know how far, where or when! Forecast is grim. Won't be watching much cricket today, I suspect! Actually a full day's play here yesterday, Emz! A couple of showers but they missed Old Trafford.

Hope you loosen up, LMH!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • I think I'm improving Alehouse but as long as I need to think about walking I don't think running is a good idea. Swelling has definitely gone down in my ankle and more bruising has come out on my knee - hopefully tomorrow will be the day............ Not much chance of dodging the rain here but hope you can find a dry spell.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    LMH - sorry to hear you're still a bit bruised, hoping that soon eases
    As regards competition there are strict guidelines. My club is hoping to host a couple of events (club members only) over 100m & 300/400, limited to 4 per race. Have a permit pending for a couple of Wednesdays in August.
    A large number of stewards and so forth plus guidelines about warm up areas and call up location.
    Potential to run 800s either in lanes, or with a break after 500m (like international 4x400 relays).
    Big track events unlikely this year.
    RFJ - glad you had a lovely day, 52? Mere youngster....

What - easy 4 miles
    Why - legs battered still
    Last rest - 20/06
    last hard - Saturday / Sunday
    lyric - don't think so
  • LMH..knitting? I still haven't finished my lockdown knitting but it's getting there...started in late April...long hiatus while I was ill.
    I hate to be cold but it was v mild on the beach last night.
    Needing a coffee after biggest tesco shop ever....felt a need to apologise for the amount I was buying though true to form washing powder etc had all chosen this week to run out!
    Short run this afternoon maybe....feel the need to do things while I can. Maybe a walk too.
    Still sunny here...meant to change later.
    Have a good day all.
  • Unfortunately I'm not a good knitter Els and my shoulder doesn't like to do it for long since my accident. What are you knitting? Glad you survived the Tesco shop. It's strange what keeps going out of stock here, for the last couple of weeks it's been cinnamon and mixed herbs.

Dustin - yes I'd read about using every other lane etc. Wasn't sure whether clubs thought it worth their while to put meets on with all the requirements.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

What: just under half an hour plus stretches d&d

Why: trying not to get too wet. It actually eased off during the second half. Windy.

Wore a new pair of trainers: Reebok Floatride, as opposed to my usual Asics. Not worn Reebok since I used to sell for them in the late seventies!
    Felt strange and legs niggled in different places to usual! Will have to see how I get on with them.

Yes, track racing will feel very strange. Don't suppose field events can happen. One or two road races seem to be opening up around here, with the first, as far as I know, on August 8th. Graded 5k races and you have to be sub 19 to qualify, so no chance of me getting a place! Men's A race is sub 15, ladies' A is sub 17. 

I can't knit either. Never appealed!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Happy belated birthday, RFJ. We're the same age :) well, almost. You're a couple of weeks younger 😀

Nice bit of track work, Dustin. No wonder your legs felt battered. Must have come as a shock to the system.

Lovely pics, Els. Never tried sourdough pizza but can imagine it to be lovely, especially in that beach setting. Can't believe supermarkets are still low on some items... It's been a long time now.

Glad you're bruises are improving, LMH.

Xposted with ale yesterday. Very good mileage :+1: Didn't even know Reebok did running shoes! I had Aerobics shoes from them in the 90s :D

I used to knit like a loon when I was about 16 and became quite good at it but stopped in my 20s and never resumed. Maybe I will when I retire.

Busy morning here with a brisk 3 mile walk, an hour of s&c and 90 mins on the bike. Of course none of that really happened as Garmin Connect is still down and won't sync. And we all know if it's not on Connect, it didn't happen :)
  • Swim and a short run
    Before the heavens open again and making the most of time before self isolation.
    Lyrics no
  • Chicksta LOL
    It was us not supermarket that had run out of washing powder. However they didn't have any soft brown sugar.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    🤦‍♀️ sorry, I totally misread that :)
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Missed posting yesterday - out and about and otherwise unwilling to delve in the digital world somehow.

Group run must have been lovely Els.  Just smiled at the plaits - I hope no-one pulls on them like they did to me as a kid!  Glad you survived the Tesco shop with OH. 

I have a sock to finish knitting if anyone wants it?  Turning the heel is done - just need to do the toes..

Run in the sun and swim in the rain sounds better than the other way around OH.

Happy belated birthday RFJ.  Sound's like you had a lovely day.

Well done on the track session Dustin.

Good to see you WP.  Maybe keep a sit-on towel in the car?

Good news your recovery is progressing so that you can do more things chicksta.  Garmin seems to be in a bit of a mess.

Great mileage Ale.  Enjoy the new shoes.  Sub-19 seems a hard cut-off. 

Good news Lola is walking better LMH.  Hope you recover enough to run tomorrow.

What: short recovery this morning between emails and breakfast
    Why: heatwave
    Last hard:  planning around the heat
    Last rest: 30.03.
    Last plucked up some courage: just bagged one of the last few of 300 places in a race for Saturday.  10k with 600 m + with some interesting sections for fancy footwork by the pics.  

Lyrcis: no
  • There's going to be a race report on the thread! Go Hazel!!

I thought that Tesco had run out of washing powder too.

Glad you've been able to make the most of the day OH.

My first Reebok's were cross country waffles I think?

I think it's gradually coming back chicksta. Hopefully they'll have restored it all soon. Not that I have any need of it currently.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    I also thought Tesco had run out!

Been knitting my friend the same scarf for the last 13 years. However, I can see a dress in an hour :joy:

What: about 8km with 10x30sec with 1 min recovery
    Why: club night
    Last hard: that. Warm up 5km was the fastest I've run since becoming pregnant. I'm cream crackered!
    Lyrics: nope

Hope bruising settles soon lmh.
    Els and oh enjoy your last few days of freedom
    Chick hope you're being careful
    Wahoo a race report hazel :)
    Dustin track, not done that for a while!

Have a lovely evening all