Sub 3h15

Comments

• TRTR ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Mmmmmm P and D say 22 for me tomorrow and my usual 15 Monday (before 28th) so I'll  have to do them now, but the mental fortitude will come in handy during 11 and a bit laps of Goodwood motor cct...........the delay makes you wonder if they are actually trying to come up with a vlm we can take part in after all.
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    Well there's nothing really for them to be holding out for now. If it's a no pencilled for Tuesday it'll be no today , so some vague hope perhaps. 
  • G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭
    Rumour man reporting certain activities going on and backed up by other claims online that pacer contracts have gone out among other things.

To me it sounds like an elites only (possibly with Champs places) event of some description. 
  • Ian5Ian5 ✭✭✭
    DT-Hope the results from the MRI are what you hope for.
    It is sounding more like an elite race only if London have a race,frustrating waiting for you guys.
    Did my usual after work loop last night and did a 5k for a club mob match tonight,managed 18;28 so a big 1 second quicker than last month,like most I find it really hard racing by myself though.
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    My coach, who knows some people who know stuff has told me it's going to an elite race on like a 5m loop around the Mall and that part of central London. 
    .No MRI news today annoyingly.  

Good effort on the 5k  Ian.

40m with 5 x 4m at tempo off 1m jog. Reps came in around 6.40mm, physically my legs were pretty tired by the last rep, cv wise was ok. Just need to build that endurance up. 
  • G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭
    I heard similar, DT. Chartered plane to bring the Kenyans over etc...
  • Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭
    DT - hope it's good news today.
    Ian - great 5k effort.
    Rumours abound but it's business as usual for now.
    16 miles this morning. 4 mile warm-up followed by 12 steady miles.
  • G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭
    Hoping to hear good news, DT. Fingers crossed.
    Nice session, Gul. We keep going...

Low mojo this morning but managed to get out for 15 on the trails. Very humid conditions made it hard work at times but job done.
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    nothing still....

Nice longish runs both, i long to just go long! Though with tomorrows run I'll get nearly 25m this week. 

On hols Monday to Friday so bit of a cut back. 
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    Pleasant 5m this morning so 24 for week and 35 min at tempo so half way to something normal ish.

Booked my hotel for London in April last night in advance of what's to come Tuesday and loads of others booking. I can cancel it without charge upto 28 days from mara weekend so no risk. 
  • G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭
    Good to see you still ticking over, DT. Shrewd hotel booking too, nice.

Low mojo again here but managed a 5 mile recovery to bring 46 up for the week.

Getting miffed at Garmin being down. Got 3 runs I need to upload. I know there's a manual way of uploading the watch file to Strava but can't be bothered to faff about.
    Ransomware attack is the assumption online, I wonder how much it is and if they'll pay it?
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    My high mileage week fizzled out as we went to Whitby for last minute break. Ate fish and chips and drank beer instead. No complaints here, but 53 miles. Garmin down so you'll have to take my word....😉
  • SBD.SBD. ✭✭✭
    Fish and chips washed down with beer sounds ideal training OO!

Good work battling against the low mojo G-D.

Hope the MRI brings good news DT and enjoy the break.

A good 16 miles there Gul.

That's a nifty 5K Ian - bodes well.

A steady 20 miles late afternoon.  Although cooler than of late, the legs were not feeling very gazelle like.  So a bit of a labored effort just squeezing under 8.00 m/m pace.  81 miles for the week.

I've not received my elite entry for London yet.  Perhaps this will arrive tomorrow!
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    Fantastic SBD, envious pace there 👍
  • Ian5Ian5 ✭✭✭
    DT-Hope it's just the weekend delaying your results,good idea on the hotel,no reason not to with free cancellation.
    SBD-Another good long run and week.
    OO-Nice late break,you picked a good option rather than running.
    Gul-Another solid effort from you.
    17 miles in total today,ran 8 miles to meet daughter who we haven't seen since Jan because of Covid then we ran 9 together and ended in a nice cafe having lunch.I was wary about a long one before my 20 on Tuesday but running with meant it was about 1 min slower than usual so shouldn't take too much out of me.71.1 for the week so another record and my 3rd 70+ in the last 5 weeks.
  • Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭
    GD - well done getting out for 15 miles when you didn't feel like it. That's good mara training.
    DT - coming along nicely. Enjoy the hols and hope you get the thumbs up very soon.
    OO - 53 miles and fish, chips and beers sounds great 
    SBD - another cracking week. 
    Ian - great you could run with your daughter and good miles for the week.
    Took a rest Sunday, so 63 for the week. 8 slow miles to start the week today 
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    vmlm just delayed a decision to 6th August. They must have some kind of plan!
  • Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭
    DT - intriguing.
    Just noticed that Garmin appears to be uploading data again even though I am still getting the server maintenance message.
  • SBD.SBD. ✭✭✭
    Interesting London Marathon statement - it does suggest they are still planning for something more than just elites.  Still can't believe it will happen but I better keep training just in case!

My Garmin data is all back and loading.
  • G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭
    My training plan for London is entering the start of the 20 mile LSR phase. This continued uncertainty is getting on my nerves.
  • JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭
    VLM are peeing me off, too. UKA guidance says no to baggage tents. How the hell does that work in central London? Just take a decision already! I mean, I did an 18 miler yesterday just in case but my heart really wasn't in it... 50 for the week. 
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    I'll be annoyed if on 07th August he comes forward with nothing more elaborate than 'unfortunately we can't run it and your options are.....'
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    The guidance said that anyone with a race scheduled has to go back to local authority, sounds like they are trying to put a race of some kind on. They might have had to move location in order to avoid spectators too. Fair play to them for trying to put it on. Anyone that doesnt want to runwill no doubt be allowed to defer.
  • Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭
    The announcement mentioned Royal Parks, which covers Greenwich, but obviously others too. Maybe not just a change of location, but to multiple locations...?
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    I also can't believe how complicated they are making it. Having said that I'm not mara training anyhow as I've always assumed it will be cancelled.
    Scraped 50 miles last week, but got this one off to a good start with a plodding 16 miler in the rain today.
  • Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭
    OO - excellent plodding.
    14 mile progressive run today from 9:34(!) to 7:08/m. The light is starting to get a bit dim when setting off now :(
  • G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭
    That's depressing, Gul. I was out at 7.00am today and the sun was fully up. 

Started out on a 10 miler this morning and was curious as to why the Garmin didn't vibrate after the first mile. A quick glance at the watch showed that it wasn't recording distance despite having latched on to the satellites.

After some faffage I gave up and just did the distance over a slightly longer route (10.70). I took a time check at a roundabout and worked out my average pace from there so I could record the time on feet, wasn't really bothered about the pace but it came out at 7.18.

Not sure if the watch has gone weird after the recent attempts to sync it with the App during the ransomware episode? The app is still not syncing correctly despite the activities being shown. I entered a manual entry on Garmin Connect on my laptop and it has popped up in the app despite never seeming to complete a clean sync.

We keep going...
  • Ian5Ian5 ✭✭✭
    I presumed London was going to be a straight no,so I think it's good they are still deciding,looks like they have a plan but have to persuade others it is viable.
    Crappy run today,the planned 20 turned in to 11,legs felt drained and the wind was really strong,which didn't help.A very gradual 4 week taper starts from here.
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    Don't be out off by one poor day Ian, you are in good shape and ready to taper 😇👍
    8 here- blown about like a twig but felt strong.
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    Ian -missing that run is no bad thing. You dont need any more fitness tests, dont go trying it again in a few days either. Focus on your taper and a race day plan.

Gul - i always start off pretty slowly too, whilst everything starts moving again.